TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I think Cedar Point could really use a Dragster make-over.. Either make it better, and more reliable or take it down and make something different.. but thats just my opinion.. What do you think?..

I think that at the rate its been running... its a waist of space.

Hopefully Ka wont come to the same desctruction that Dragster has.. :? ..

This is comming from an angry person that didnt get to ride TTD yesterday because the freakin thing was broken.. . And i knew this would happen... after hearing all the negative things aboute Dragster downtime..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many days did you go for? Sometimes ride are a crap shoot, you just have to throw the dice and see what you get.

I went to the Point for 3 days opening week and got my fill of Dragster rides with waits in the station for the first two days. Our last day both Dragster and Millie were down with different problems.

What else would they put there? A fourth antique car ride? Dragster is fun, somewhat tempermental, and a big draw for the park. I can feel for your dissapointment however as I've met with it in the past ::cough Hypersonic cough::

I'm going out to ride KA in two weeks. In addition to SFGAdv however were also going to Dorney, Wildwood, SFNE, and Lake Comp among others so if Ka isn't up when were there then I guess that means more time on S:ROS.

We've also left some time available to return to Gadv should we need to. If we are able to ride Ka right away, maybe we'll go to Knoebels that day. You can only do so much before it's ultimately left up to the coaster gods to decide.

Here is some perspective for you, I've been a SFMM passholder for the last 4 years and there are still 3 coasters there that, through no fault of my own, I have NEVER ridden.

My advice is to try the park again next year when they open their dueling flyers and try again. After all, what are the chances that lightning will strike twice?

Don "Stupid Hypersonic" Dynamite

I was there for just one day... yesterday.. and It was closed.. but as much as it breaks, they should just build something else.. instead of letting Dragster waist away..

Maybe CP should focus on other rides for now.. they are famous for the coasters, but it would help if the coaster actually worked..

They need some newer rides.. Maxair was so much fun.... now lets see some more new stuff.

geesh dude, people like you make me ashame to say im part of the coaster community. B!tching about a coaster not working is pointless!! You should know that its a prototype ride and the park is trying to get it fixed as soon as possible. Heck I have been to PKD several times and not once was hypersonic running. I suggest you not plan a trip around one particular coaster because you will probably be dissapointed more and more as time pass.

I can see if its in the 8th season and it still has the same problems then you may have a valid point...

Enjoy the rest of the park did you know that they have like 15 other coasters there?

Now thats food for thought...

Enjoy the rest of the park did you know that they have like 15 other coasters there?

Now thats food for thought...

.. Um im very aware of the other coasters ... I was on most of them.. . but still... they have had plenty of time to fix it.. so.. fix it.. ya know?. :?

you know... They are HIS opinion, and just because you are a CP fanatic and can't stand anyone saying bad things about CP, it doesn't mean you can go ahead and telling him to stop "bitching" about how a coaster doesn't work at CP... MANY people "Bitch" about how Flashback @ SFMM never runs even though it isn't their signature coaster, while TTD & MF IS their signature coaster... So I don't see why he shouldn't complain...

Oh, and since Dragster is on its 3rd season, of course we can expect them to run TTD w/o any delays... And plus it's not a prototype, and CP decided to construct this coaster while Xcel was still having few issues, so there's already a problem with this ride even before they opened the coaster...

My point is, stop bitching about how someone complains about how a coaster is not running...

I had no clue Hypersonic was problematic as well. When I went to PKD last year, it was running smoothly all day.

Then again, I rode Deja Vu last weekend, so maybe I'm just lucky that way.

Maybe ya'll should just take me with you when you go! PM me and I'll give you the mailing address for my (complimentary, of course) plane tickets!

Well, y'know...Yes, it's ridiculous that TTD is still having the amount of problems it is. I'm no engineer, but though it's a complex beast, I can't believe it's that complex...

HOWever, anybody who knows anything about TTD and still goes to CP for one day expecting to ride it is being optimistic. And to then complain it's a "waist" of space and should be torn down...listen, I know you're disappointed, but have your hissy fits in private if you don't expect to get flamed.

Last year when I went to CP, I allowed up to 2 1/2 days to ride the damn thing. I rode four times in a day and a half, and would have had another front row ride if it hadn't broken down for four hours when I was almost in the seat. Next week I'm going to GAdv and allowing 3 relaxed days to ride some coasters, maybe visit Philly, and - if weather, mechanics, and fate allow - ride KK. If not, I will insist that Six Flags tear it down immediately and resurrect Viper in the space.

While im no way near being a cp fanatic, heck I never even been, I still think its no point in saying tearing down a ride because it wasnt running when someone went. I just find it crazy when people react like that because a ride isnt operating. The fact that its a so called "signature" attraction doesnt mean just because its not operating that day it should be torn down. Im not complaining about the fact that he is upset that dragster was down but the fact that just because it was down on his visit it should be torn down and replaced! How sensible is that logic. Lets see....no more deja'vu, no more BORG, lets not for get superman:ultmate escape, no more zonga.....need I go on.

Top Thrill Dragster is scheduled to be in operation during regular park hours. However, the ride may experience some intermittent down time for maintenance. We are working diligently to have the ride operating as much as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Based on that last statement, obviously they havent met Coasterlicious. ......................................

Man I must be blind or something cause the ride has seemed to be running great this year to me. It had its one little 2-3 day span of downtime, but other than that its seems to have been pretty consistant. Yesterday I don't remember it going down mechanicaly at all. It closed for weather a few times, but suprisingly was one of the first rides open after the weather cleared.

I dont even think they bothered to fix it.. I sat and watched them just take all the cars off the track and then leave.. and its like.. ok Im only waiting for them to fix it but they just close it for the night..

and they had fixed it earlier.. so it really made me mad.. and MF also made me mad.. but Im not as mad over that.. becaue that one usually works.. unlike.. cough*dragster*cough..

From the posts you have submitted throughout this thread Coasterlicious... You sound like a spoiled brat. Be glad you even WENT to Cedar Point.. You didn't ride TTD? TOUGH. They are sorry, do you think Cedar Point is out to get you or something? Like they want it to be broken for the public? Don't think so..

Better luck next time bud.

They keep things closed on purpose so you come back and spend more money

WT was closed last CoasterMania when we went .. I was pissed, but hey we came back a month later and got it and then TTD was closed the next day .. but hey didn't ruin anything for us.

IMO... i would tell Intamin to give me my 25 million dollars back :shock: .. but thats just me.. no im not being a brat.. just a concerned person .. Im concerned Dragster is a waist of space.. and maybe time, because the lines were so long.. yet it didnt work.. :shock:

I'm sure you would ask for your money back. If it rains and all the rides are closed, are you going to ask for your money back too? Cedar Point doesn't feel it's a waist of space. The only reason you are " concerned" is because you didn't get to ride TTD. You went for ONE DAY. Try going for a weekend and that would give you a better chance of riding it.

Just give it some time. Indiana Jones used to break down constantly during its first year or so of operation, now it's pretty damn reliable. Stuff happens, CP and Intamin will work out the kinks, and it'll run fine.

I was there for just one day... yesterday.. and It was closed.. but as much as it breaks, they should just build something else.. instead of letting Dragster waist away..

Maybe CP should focus on other rides for now.. they are famous for the coasters, but it would help if the coaster actually worked..

They need some newer rides.. Maxair was so much fun.... now lets see some more new stuff.

Well.....when I saw this topic head of yours let's just say.....i'm ticked and shocked at the thought of you saying "it's a waste of space".....if you think CP is stupid, think again......

I went on May 14th and had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes.....it's wait was 30 minutes originally, but it went down for 45 mins due to weather with rain in the area, getting a raindrop in the eye at 120MPH really hurts.....i've been there.....oww.....

well, it isn't really CP's fault that it goes down, it's unpredictable, sorry to hear you got bummed out on riding, it's fun really, really it is.... think whatever you want but CP can't stop the ride from breaking down..... and no they won't get rid of it, that's 25 Million down the drain.....

chris

I rode TTD and loved it. Yeah, it did break down about every 4th run or so. we went during the frightfest last fall. The place was empty.

I have no problem w/TTD. it either works or it doesn't.

If i were Cedar FAir, though, i would not be happy spending that kind of money and having a coaster that's down more than it's up.

I'd rather Deja Vu be gone, yes. If it's gonna have an uptime of less than 40%, I want it gone.

If it were gone, I'd say... "Damn it was a good ride, but at least I don't have to wonder if it's gonna run."

The way it is now is horrible.