TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You A Guitar Hero?

Okay, so i love Guitar Hero and i wanted to create a topic to show off our skills.

I see videos on youtube all the time and thought We should have somewhere

we can post our skills. It could be a photo of your highscore, or a video of YOU playing.

This is an example of a video you could post.

(This is not me!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1AZBNnZMF0

Here is a "Flashier" example of something you could do with editing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD2EHldgHMc&NR=1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people think GH 1 has a better track list, but its Pull offs and Hammer Ons are really dificult and can make the game far harder and less enjoyable. I actually like GH 2 track list, but 1 is about equal in that department. Over all, I would look at the track lists of each, and if either has more songs you would really wanna play, get it. But if you don't have a huge prference in the songs, get two, for wider selection of Customizables, more songs, and better working Hammer ons and pull offs.

The greatest thing ever is actually learning to how to play a real guitar and actually rocking out instead of just mashing colored buttons in a proper sequence.

True, but all the stuff you need to learn and rock out with the real thing costs hundreds of dollars, while Guitar Hero has everything for around $75. Plus, anybody can pretty much pick up and play Guitar Hero.

The greatest thing ever is actually learning to how to play a real guitar and actually rocking out instead of just mashing colored buttons in a proper sequence.

I agree.

True, but all the stuff you need to learn and rock out with the real thing costs hundreds of dollars, while Guitar Hero has everything for around $75. Plus, anybody can pretty much pick up and play Guitar Hero.

True, But if you start playing gigs, You will probably end up getting the money back if you can play good remakes. Like the house of blues.

(Awesome, 200 posts!)

ya, thats what everyone says.....until they play it.

I have played it and thought it was kind of dumb. It's just button mashing in sequences. As someone who plays guitar, certain aspects of the game are completely counter-intuitive to actual guitar playing.

True, but all the stuff you need to learn and rock out with the real thing costs hundreds of dollars, while Guitar Hero has everything for around $75.

You can get a cheap or used guitar for under $100. And wouldn't you rather spend time learning how to play an actual song that could impress the laaaadies as opposed to properly hitting buttons on time which impresses no one?

I play electric guitar, and it is WAY harder than any guitar hero song, but I can actually play most of the songs on GH2, like Sweet Child O Mine, Beast and Harlot, Fat Lip, and some other songs that I can play just on the raidio like No reason, and Girlfriend. Other than that, GH is just fun to pick up once in a while and try to beat scores on. It actually got me started in real guitar!

I play electric guitar, and it is WAY harder than any guitar hero song...

I disagree. The "Sweet Child o' Mine" solo is a simple pentatonic lick. GH makes it so much harder than it really is. Also, they put in stuff that doesn't exist in the songs "For instance, listen to the GH version of "Surrender" by Cheap Trick and then the real version.

^Well, I meant for the most part. Also, some of the picking patterns that make a song really easy in real guitar makes it almost impossible to do with GH (any fast riffs) . I don't like how they add things in GH. They also take them out. Listen to "Fat Lip" by Sum 41 on GH and then the real thing. They take out all the back singing. Weird!