TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR Valleyfair on 5/22

I promise you, folks, that this will NOT be a bloated epic like the three-parter about Solace and West Coast Bash. Just short and sweet. I was a community advisor (or RA at other colleges), and a few of my residents and I went to Valleyfair last Sunday. The 1 day the sun shines out of the past 25 (I'm not kidding, May sucked here in Minnesota), I get a slight sunburn. Go figure.

Wild Thing is running in prime form, even though it just opened last week. Still rides very smooth.

Riptide is a carbon-copy of the one at KBF, both in appearance and cycling.

Corkscrew was running surprisingly well. As noted in said WCB TR, I have to ride the front row in Arrow trains, simply because I cannot fit anywhere else on the train. Did not get beat up (unlike Viper).

High Roller is, well, High Roller. Heavily trimmed, has major potential.

Excalibur is running fairly well. Not quite as rough as it was at Coaster Craze last year.

Steel Venom was down most of the day, but restarted shortly before departure, and I got my first ride on it. Crazy floater airtime coming down from the spike the first time.

Despite the nice day, the park was ERT-like all day. No more than a two-train wait for anything other than my last ride on Corkscrew, when it was 3 trains. For whatever reason, Corkscrew was the busiest ride in the park near departure, after 3 PM.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic