TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has anyone been to any Theme Parks in Canada?

8) Has anyone been to any Theme Parks in Canada? ( Paramount Canada's Wonderland Toronto ) - ( Six Flags La Round Montreal ) - ( GalaxyLand Edmonton ) - ( MarineLand Niagara Falls ) 8) I live near Toronto about a 40/min. drive from Paramount Canada's Wonderland. Home of the Great Canadian Mindbuster, The Cliff Hanger and the SledgeHammer. 8)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a trip through Canada a few years ago. I haven't been to Marineland in 17 years (good Lord, I can't believe it was that long ago). I really liked Dragon Mountain. Not much else there.

LaRonde was OK. It has a weird design since it was initially a World's Fair I believe. A few strange statues and fountains, and a very open layout.

Le Monstre was quite good. One side was very good, the right, I believe. The bad thing about the park was the line jumping. It was atrocious. Tons and tons of teenagers with no respect at all. And the queues were filthy too. I had to line jump myself just to stay where I was supposed to be. We're not talking one or two jumpers, we're talking groups of 8 kids jumping into the line every few minutes.

Their Dragon family coaster was mild but had neat theming in the dark. And they have a VERY long classic dark ride. I skipped their standup and inverted due to ridiculous lines and throughput. I think LeMonstre and their kiddie Arrow were their only original layout coasters. Everything else was a clone, perhaps the Dragon indoor coaster was unique too.

Also in Toronto is Centreville park. No coaster, but a very good dark ride.

Rastus O'Ginga

Hey Rastuso...

Ya, Centerville is on the Toronto Island and it has a coaster called the Island Monster but its just a family ride coaster but its a pretty fast ride with lots of fast turns.

- La Round used to be the old Expo 67 located in the ride area so thats way there are weird looking statues and fountains. As for the Teenages line jumping, there are now signs posted everywhere that say in french "Not to line jump" with in small print "You Will Get Kicked Out if You Do This".

- Your right about Marineland, it takes forever to walk to the good rides. All of the cool rides are way out in the back of the park. I think its beacues they dont want to scare the animals. The place is like a zoo with Bears, Deer & Whales and Fish. I wish they would add a mono-rail in that park. - Next time you visit Toronto, go visit Paramont Canada's Wonderland. Im sure you will like it there. They have over 13 Coasters there. 8)

^ The coaster at Centreville is powered, so it is notacoaster to me.

I hit PCWo last around 1991, I think. I mistakenly went there once on Canada Day (D'oh). I also was there for a David Lee Roth concert on a VERY crowded day. I basically just went for the concert, but hoped ot ride something, but didn't.

The one decent day I was there and got to rid eeverything, I liked the park. This was before the reprofiling of the out and back (Minebuster?), which was pretty good. I remember my excitement to ride my first boomerang too (I now have a permanent moratorium on riding them). I was saddened by the sign for the boomerang, as it looked just like the one for PKI's Bat, which I only ever got to look at.

This was before Vortex, which I REALLY like. I love the mountain top turnaround.

One other funky thing there is the log ride. It's the only one I think I've ridden that has true chain lifts like a coaster.

I co-oped in Niagara Falls USA, so I hit Toronto quite a bit in teh late 80s early 90s. I even got to ride the woodie at the CNE before its destruction! Plus, I was at Crystal Beach on closing day : (. But never rode their dark ride (another D'oh).

Rastus

I've been to PCW and Marineland, too. Marineland has a lot of potential for rides, but they seem to only care about animals, which explains why it's been eons since they built a coaster (Dragon Mountain). PCW was a class trip last year, and the lines were pretty bad, I only got on I think 5 coasters, but luckily we're going again this year.

One other funky thing there is the log ride. It's the only one I think I've ridden that has true chain lifts like a coaster.

That log flume has since been removed. I beleive it was removed when Top Gun was built in 1995.

I live about an hour away from PCW. though in years past I really haven't gone much. Probably once in the last 3 years. But this year I've got a season pass seeing as I'll be hitting PKI later in the summer. So I'll get out there more.

Vortex really beat me up the last time I rode it as well.

I've also been to MArineland, but that was many years ago. Not really much to draw me back.

And I've got tentative plans to get to La Ronde this summer. A freind of mine is going back to Ottawa for a work term, so I'm planning on going up there and then taking a road trip up to Montreal.

People seem to have Vortex high on their Top 10's (well people that have only ridden PCW coasters) but I don't think it's that great. To be honest, Canada has no great coasters but the flats are really cool.

My favorite coaster would be Wild Beast though it still beats you up (there was some crazy 'jack-hammering' at the bottom of the first drop. It looked like they tried to fix it but then the top of the lift hill was warped )

PCWFreak...

You make it sound like Canada has no good roller coasters.

But just look at how many coasters Canada's Theme Parks have to offer.

- PCW has over 13 Roller Coasters.

- Six Flags La Ronde has 7 Coasters.

- MarineLand Niagara Falls has 2 Coasters.

- Galaxyland Edmonton has 3 Coasters.

- PlayLand Vancouver has 3 Coasters.

And Many, Many More Canadian Parks. 8)

Your right about the flat rides. Canada has the coolest flat rides in North America. 8)