TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to Great America monday

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday...well...

I still have school, so I would guess that most kids still do too, so it should be pretty empty.

Head to Top Gun first, ride it a few times. If you like the front of inverts, ride it there. There is a grouper now, so it may take a few trys to get the front. (You can ask, but the guy there when we went would only let one group wait, it took us 2 trys)

Then, backtrack, and go counter-clockwise hitting all of the rides you want to.

(Vortex, Demon, Invertigo, Grizzly for the credit, Drop Zone, Survivor, the Mouse ride).

After that, it should be about 11-11:30, you can hit the water rides/water park (they open at 11). The best part of the "water park" is the play structure and the green half-pipe slide IMHO, the rest kinda sucks.

Definitely put which Great America you mean in the title.

The park's name is just Great America right now, not Knott's or Paramount.

If it was SFGA, he would've put SFGA, he wants just NorCal GA, so he put the park's name. Plain and simple.

Anyways, I hope you have fun. I went a couple months ago and I had a good visit.

I suggest heading to Top Gun first, then heading straight to Psycho Mouse then Drop Zone, Grizzly, Invertigo, Demon then finally Vortex. This is the same order I go in, then after I just ride other rides like Endeavor, Delirium, Orbit, Survivor, Etc..

After all that, Hit the waterpark for an hour or so and relax.

Once your tired of the waterpark hit some of the coasters and rides once again.

Ask an employee to help you find Stealth, when he tells you they sold it, tear up and start sobbing slowly at first, and building up until you are crying loudly. A few "Why god? WHY!!!"'s might also add to the drama. This is how I spend the entirety of my days at the park.

Definitely put which Great America you mean in the title.

The park's name is just Great America right now, not Knott's or Paramount.

If it was SFGA, he would've put SFGA, he wants just NorCal GA, so he put the park's name. Plain and simple.

Anyways, I hope you have fun. I went a couple months ago and I had a good visit.

Yet he put PGA in his first post...

Ask an employee to help you find Stealth, when he tells you they sold it, tear up and start sobbing slowly at first, and building up until you are crying loudly. A few "Why god? WHY!!!"'s might also add to the drama. This is how I spend the entirety of my days at the park.

After the sobbing, sniffle a few times and say "Well, at least Greased Lighntin' is still here."

After that, it should be about 11-11:30, you can hit the water rides/water park (they open at 11). The best part of the "water park" is the play structure and the green half-pipe slide IMHO, the rest kinda sucks.

By water park, do you mean Raging Waters, or did they open something new since I was there like 10 years ago? Last time I was at Great America, Invertigo had just opened!

I don't know WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE THINKING.

Paramount Dumbass #1: "Hey, lets build a stat-of-the-art roller coaster, and then close it 3 years later!"

Paramount Dumbass #2: "Yeah, and then we can replace it with an insignificant water park, and forget the coaster was ever there!"

Paramount Dumbass #1: "Great Idea!"

I don't know WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE THINKING.

They were thinking a water park is better for attracting families than a prototype roller coaster that had bad capacity and was prone to breakdowns.

Just because you're a roller coaster fan doesn't make their decision dumb.

If that was their train of thought, then why didn't they build the water park in the first place? They knew that the Flying Dutchman was a prototype, so they should have been expecting technichal difficulties.

This screams bad business decision. They lost a lot of money by deconstructing the ride only after 3 years of operation.

If "They were thinking a water park is better for attracting families than a prototype roller coaster that had bad capacity and was prone to breakdowns," then why did they build Stealth at all, if only to close it so soon.

Come by the Swings/Carousel /Skytower and see me(there the first three rides you will see when you come in) . I'm one of the sups there. It'll be the guy in the maroon shirt with the nametag Chris! The park should be pretty dead. We have been only getting schools coming to the park. See yeah at the park!

Chris

Don't go to Top Gun first. Everyone does, when I worked it our longest line of the day was almost always right at opening.

Go to the back of the park where you can marathon Drop Zone, hit Invertigo (super slow line in the sun) and Psycho Mouse (another very slow line, unless CF finally got the ops to actually use the dispatch interval Arrow designed) and then worry about Top Gun, which has no more than a 20 minute wait with an almost full queue unless the crew is a bunch of failures.

if you're into just riding the coasters the park has to offer, go an hour and a half to an hour before closing. you'll walk on most the rides, and possibly even get to stay on for multiple rides in a row. my friend and i do this all the time. its like our own ERT!