• Six Flags New England
    • Six Flags St. Louis
    • Six Flags Great Adventure
    • The Great Escape
    • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    • Six Flags Over Texas
    • LaRonde
    • Six Flags Mexico

I've only been to SFA and SFMM. Obviously SFMM is thousands times better than SFA, but I really like SFA. It has 2 awesome wooden coasters, Batwing, Superman, and Jokers Jinx. But MM has Tatsu, X2, Goliath, Riddlers Revenge, and Scream. MM is 1st and SFA is 2nd. Im going to SFoG this year and I might change my vote.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites are:

1.) SFMM

-I love the amount of things to do there, plus I was there when there were no lines.

2.) SFDK

-Great coasters. Great shows. Great atmosphere

3.) SFSt.L

-Screaming Eagle rocks. The Boss is decent. And lots of great flats.

--James

After visiting SFGADV last year, not only is it my new favorite SF park, but my current #1 park. I only spent about two hours in the park, but I had an awesome time. The longest wait was 15 minutes for my first El Toro ride, and everything else was a walk on or a one or two train wait. The staff was fast, efficient, and friendly. Even with the light crowds, they were still running the park like they were expecting large crowds.(I was at the park in its final two hours of operation(7-9)

Plus this park has some areas with great theming, some strange architecture, and a decent flat collection. However, due to my time limits, I didn't ride any flats as I wanted to ride the coasters. SFGADV also probably has one of the best coaster selection of any park.

The only rides this park needs are maybe a stand-up coaster, a drop tower, and maybe some large flats like a screamin swing or giant firsbee.

2. SFSTL

3. SFGAM

4. SFKK

5. (SF)EG

• 1 year later...

My vote goes to SFMM for my #1, followed by SFGAm and SFFT.

SFMM: Their coaster selection, as you know, is one of the biggest in the world. Along with that, a nice selection of flats, a relatively big park size, improving themeing as old rides leave and new ones come in, and, for the most part, good operations. Hurricane Harbor is next door if you want to chill out during a hot day (although it was closed one day we were there because it was just barely still not operation season).

SFGAm: The coaster selection here is also great. The flat selection is one of the best of any SF park, and the themeing has always been pretty good. Plus, the lines were never over an hour when I went in 2005. You even get a good sized waterpark included with the price!

SFFT: In general, a fun park. Somehow (IDK how, bad judging?) SFFT's shows aren't that fantastic as awarded. However, a good coaster selection, a reasonable flat ride selection, and a pretty close location to San Antonio make it good for someone who wants to go to SFoT but is too far away. Though I've never been to SFoT (or SFGAd....or SFoG.....), if you are far away, I'd suggest you try SFFT.

#1 Six Flags Magic Mountain

#2 Six Flags Great Adventure

#2 Six Flags Great America

#3 Six Flags Over Georgia

#4 Six Flags St. Louis

#5 Six Flags Over Texas

Worst: My home park Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Sure it's got a couple good ones but it needs more! & It's overrun w/kiddie rides & flat rides!

I changed my vote since I've been to 3 more Six Flags parks since I was last in here:

1) Six Flags Great Adventure

2) Six Flags over Georgia

3) Six Flags Fiesta Texas

4) Six Flags over Texas

5) Six Flags America

I'll just add that there's a lot of separation between 4 and 5.

SFoT:

Better Schwarzkopf

Better Operations

Better Launched Coaster

Better Mine Train

Better Kids Stuff

SFoG:

Better Drop Ride

Better Hyper

Better Woodies

Better Dark Ride

For me, Acrophobia won it for SFoG!

Couldn't have said it better! S:TOP was lame =(

1. SFoG

2. SFoT

3. SFFT

SFFT: In general, a fun park. Somehow (IDK how, bad judging?) SFFT's shows aren't that fantastic as awarded.

San Antonio Sam is going to kill you.

Each park is unique in their own way. If I had to choose I would definatley say that SFOT and SFGAM are above the rest. I base this on my experiences at the park. Although those two might not have the coaster line up SFMM has they do have better atmospheres, better crowds, cleaner, and park employees are much better, IMO, than the other big SF parks.

I would put SFFT third.

SFMM rides are far more superior than any other park to me. love the layout of the park, love the mine train and they have the best log ride eva.

X all they way

SFGAadv El Toro and Nitro need i go further

SFOT Texas Giant, Titan and MR FREEZE

SFSTL The Boss and Mr Freeze

SFNE Superman (Bizzaro) but thats it

SFFT Just clean and pretty

SFOG Most beautiful out of the chain but HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE operations and no kick arse coaster. Goliath is ok just too quick. Nothing else to offer.

1. SFDK. SFDK is one of my favorite parks. I've been there 4 times and each time I still haven't had enough time there (not because of not being there long, but because there's so much to do). The coaster collection isn't a huge deal (even though Medusa, Roar and V2 are all fun rides), but it's all the shows and animals to see that keep you busy. Imagine Sea World's shows, plus a zoo, and an amusement park...that's SFDK! The park has great flats and a good blance of family rides, and the rapids ride is just completely...awesome. The park is also surprisingly VERY clean overall a lot of fun. Btw, yes the park is great (like I just said) but there is one thing that makes it one of my favorites...the elephant show. If you visit SFDK without seeing the elephant show, you didn't visit SFDK.

2. SFMM.

3. SFKK.

Currently ive been to five Sf parks but I was 3 when I visited Great Adventure so I cant say anything about it. The other four are TGE, SFNE SFDL (now just DL) and SFGAM. Out of those our I would have to go with

1. Sfgam- Great theming and great selction of rides.

2.Sfne- 2 Great Coasters and some good flats (even thou they have removed about 8 in the past 5 years)

3.TGE- People complain about this park lacking thrills but its a family park and is like a model for the type of park the new SF wants.

Cant really decide what the best is so ill give a brief analysis of the ones ive been to.

Obviously MM and GADV have far and away the best coaster collections, id give MM's the edge because higher quality of quantity (if that makes any sense). I feel that other than Toro, and Nitro not much else that is great (or at least that SFMM doesnt have also). Personally I am not even counting Kingda Ka because from the like ten times ive gotten in line for, it ive been on it all of once due to breakdowns.

Now these two have stellar coaster collections but by far are in the worst shape cosmetically (other than LaRonde) in the chain which is sad all things considered. GADV is just one of the ugliest most oddly laid out parks ive ever been to, nothing seems to flow and its just random rides everywhere. MM I give a bit more slack because its got pretty cool terrain. Operations are crappy to OK at both parks.

SFNE is probably my favorite in terms of atmosphere. Its got a really nice entrance plaza, cool terrain/landscape, and some very nice kids areas (SFNE's Wiggles and Thomas Town are far superior to the other ones), and retains its old New England ambiance which is nice. The kicker is its coaster collection sucks balls for such a big market park. SROS/Bizarro is an amazing coaster and one of the best no doubt but other than that they got nothing. Cyclone is terrible, Thunderbolt is pretty good but nothing to get giddy over, I hate Gerstlauer spinning coasters, and they have a SLC and Boomerang

SFSTL coaster wise is really good for such a small park. People complain about Boss but if you get past the roughness (and honestly I dont think its that rough), it has a great layout and overall is a really solid coaster. On top of that they have a solid old woodie and a really good GCI. Add Freeze to 3 good woodies plus a really good dark ride...that small park has got some pop. They also have a really good waterpark included with the gate (not that I do waterparks, but it helps here).

I went to Darien Lake when it was a SF park, other than SROS (which is damn good of course), nothing here to write home about. 1 good coaster, park was ran like crap, and dont remember much else about it.

Great Escape was better than I thought it would be (granted I was expecting it to be a parking lot with a chain link fence and some rides), it was actually a nice little park. Ride collection nothing special: bobsled was OK, woodie is good but not great, mine train is meh, a Boomerang, and a corkscrew. They had quite a few closed rides when I was there and it was fairly busy which isnt good but the employees there were by far the friendliest of any SF park ive been to. The hotel there is really nice also.

If LaRonde were ran OK and better taken care of cosmetically, it would be one of my favorite parks. The setting is stunningly beautiful, and Goliath/Vamp is a great B&M punch. Sadly the place is ran like absolute sh*t and dirty as hell. Even though the location looks great and they have a really good B&M hyper I have zero interest in going back there.

SFGAm has a great classic flat collection and a solid coaster lineup, though nothing really stands out and overall has a bunch of decent but not great rides. Cosmetically its pretty good, better than most SF parks. Operations for the most part are good though sometimes hit or miss with closed rides.

I chose SFGAm, SFMM, and SFOT in that order.

1.) SFGAm - I haven't been there since Dark Night or the removal of Deja Vu, but I still have great memories from this place. Raging Bull and Viper are both outstanding. They have the first B:TR and one of the first flying coasters. And on top of that, it's beautiful, clean, and has the best operations I've ever seen at an SF park.

2.) (tie) SFMM - Absolutely freaking gorgeous and lots of coasters. But I was a little let down when I finally got there for the first time (Feb. of this year) and found that none of the coasters were top ten-worthy for me.

3.) (tie) SFOT - Funny story, I've been there twice and I still haven't ridden everything. Titan and Freeze are wonderful, though, and the park looks very nice.

SFKK is easily the worst.