• Six Flags New England
    • Six Flags St. Louis
    • Six Flags Great Adventure
    • The Great Escape
    • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    • Six Flags Over Texas
    • LaRonde
    • Six Flags Mexico

This is something I've always wanted to know. It's the quality of the park, not the quantity of coasters, which is why I've started this poll. If coasters made the park, then Magic Mountain would be the best park in the chain, that just not so.

Scrape your memories and minds, and make your opinion known. If we get enough opinions, then the answers should be clear.

If you haven't been to 3 SF parks, then just check one or two.

If Astroworld, Worlds Of Adventure, Elitch Gardens, Darien Lake, Frontier City, or any of the Walibis, are any of anyones' favorite park(s), please make it known as well. Thank You!!!!

I want to keep this poll current for the time being, so I'm giving it a 2 week run. Because of this, think carefully before making your choices, because they are permanent. We'll check back in a few years and see whats changed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, this thread will be sort of pointless. Because not everyone has been to ALL of the SF parks so it wont be a honest answer.

But out of the ones Ive been to, Ill go with SFGAdv, SFOT, and my home park SFGAm.

I completely agree. The data collected in this poll is totally useless unless everyone who votes have been to all the parks listed as choices.

Out of that list the only park I haven't been to is Six Flags Mexico so I feel bad not being able to vote for it because what if that park IS really freaking amazing yet it gets no votes because no one has actually been.

--Robb "I really am not a fan of polls like this one." Alvey

I voted SFGAd, SFGAm, then SFoG...but my 3rd place was a REALLY hard decision between SFoT and SFoG.

SFoT:

Better Schwarzkopf

Better Operations

Better Launched Coaster

Better Mine Train

Better Kids Stuff

SFoG:

Better Drop Ride

Better Hyper

Better Woodies

Better Dark Ride

For me, Acrophobia won it for SFoG!

From that list I have been to..

Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags New England, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, The Great Escape, LaRonde, and Six Flags America... Yay me..

I voted for SFGAm and SFGAdv... Gadv for its coasters (Nitro,Medusa.....ElToro).. And Gam for overall goodness.

third vote went to Great Escape as its my "home-away from home park" I go 2-3 times a year every year... Because Comet it <3

LaRonde would be 4th with SFOG and SFNE, SFA, and SFKK would all be together.... SFStl would be last

I gotta say Great America here. Granted I haven't been to all of them, but I feel like it's kept the most of its "roots" (not that there are alot), it feels like the classic themepark, even with the modern installments. It's always clean, the staff is usually very effecient without any cellphones. The ride selection is also one of the best in the chains, IMO. I still have a ton of respect for the park for keeping Whizzer, but I do miss Shockwave...

Magic Mountin is my favorite because of the coasters and the scenery. Next is SFFT for its themeing and Great Adventure because of NITRO AND EL TORO but Great Adventure was totally run down when I went last yr. That actually is the worse park I have ever been to. MOst of the rides were broken down and trash everywhere and too many rowdy teens. Things that I have heard said about SFMM that I have never experienced.

SFFT is a beautiful park but lacks in thrills and SFOT is nice but they need another major ride. I have kinda gotten bored with it.

I wish I could have a better idea of which is the best six flags, but considering I have only been to Six Flags America and Six Flags Great Adventure. SFGAdv is much better in my opinion with El Toro and Nitro as well as others, but I still like SFA for it has two great woodies, and Superman is always good for some air.

Thank you MODS for unlocking my topic!

I'm so happy now!!!

BTW, this isn't supposed to be some in-dpth report on the best SF park. I just want to get lots and lots of opinions for any park, ant any given time, and end up with a verdict that potentaily makes sense.

I like the way its going so far.

Let's see... I've been to SFOG, SFNO, SFAW, SFFT, SFOT. SFKK & SFA. SFOG would be my #1 (Goliath & Mindbender, YEAH BABY!), SFOT (Titan & Mr. Freeze) & SFFT (Superman: Krypton Coaster) are my other two favorites. But even my worse day at a SF park beats workin' for a livin'!

I've only been to SFOG and SFA. While I liked most of the rides at SFA (Wild One, Superman, abd Batwing, in particular), I was underwhelmed by the atmophere, employees, layout, and theming. I definitely want to go back soon and give it another shot though.

I really liked SFOG and that gets my #1 nod...for now.

I've been to three SF parks: SFoT, SFGAdv, and SFFT, I think that's the order I put them in...SFoT still has it's roots, and it's the oldest SF park that there is. It seems to me you should respect it, because it started it all.