TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild West World P:TR

Wow, this park looks amazing. I can see a great future for it! I really want to go maybe next summer when they get some more rides, and more SHADE. It looks like it was built in a field, which it probably was, but hopefully their trees will grow nice and shady within' a few years.

Great TR!! So where is this park located? I have only heard a small amount about it on random theme park forums, but I didn't think it was even opening for like another year or two. It looks really nice for such a small park.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That park reminds a bit of the American Adventure Theme park that we used to have here in the UK.

Even though there's nothing amazing there, it does look like it could be a lot of fun.

And good to see that they didn't close all the rides because of the winds.

I dont see what everyones problem with the theming is. I think that this park has exceptionally good theming for the budget, and if you can find me a better Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, i will rest my case

Great TR and im heading down to WWW in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the log flume and condor will be open by then. Also the Sidewinder is the same model they have at Adventureland and it is the best frisbee ride in the market IMO

I dont see what everyones problem with the theming is. I think that this park has exceptionally good theming for the budget, and if you can find me a better Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, i will rest my case

Great TR and im heading down to WWW in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the log flume and condor will be open by then. Also the Sidewinder is the same model they have at Adventureland and it is the best frisbee ride in the market IMO

Ever heard of Six Flags Great America?

Thanks for the pics.

I'm going to have to agree though with some, it looks a bit too "carnivalish".

It's clean at least, but after all the hype that I read I thought this was going to be at least a Six Flags quality park.

To me, it reminds me of what Beech Bend must have looked like in it's early days.

Not saying it's bad, it's just kinda dissapointing there's not more to it.

From that article, it might be they want to keep adding rides and increasing the quality. I think they will need a lot more visitors to the park though before they risk spending the money. Kind of a catch 22..

The number of visititors is also limited since the park is in the middle of Kansas, without a lot of large population areas near enough to pull people from. I doubt people from K.C. will generally leave that area to go spend the weekend at a park in Wichita. People here in MN leave to go to Wis Dells for a weekend, but that's only because it has a TON to offer. Wichita does not.

This park has taken a lot of unnecessary flak. Its small, its built by a local developer, of course its not going to be very big or impressive. It just needs to get on its feet.

IMO the themeing looks exceptional considering the circumstances and budget - all of the “Main Street” buildings look very nice. The rides area needs some more props and of course the whole park needs a BUNCH of trees and landscaping, but after a few seasons I'm sure this place will have matured nicely.

I did go to the park yesterday. I learned that only five of their rides are new. They got the Himilaya out of a FIELD! WTF!!! They said that they had to pull weeds out of it. Prairie plunge had water in it, but wasn't open. The water wasn't balanced or something. Condor was taken apart. A guy from Italy is coming to look at it. I rode El Toro (formerly el diablo) and it was actually ok. Better than last time. DO NOT RIDE Fiesta Grande. I know that they only got it because it is themed. The ride is painful, boring, and just has a horrible concept. This park really needs to shape up. BTW, I was told by an off-duty ride op that they're 2009 coaster is going to be 1million. ONE!!! wtf happened to four?!?!

Now for choppey sentences:

Ride the Kanza Kanoe in the back seat. This is the absolute best canoe ever! Me and my friend were screaming because of the insane floater air!

The food is amazing.

The employees don't know the lost articles policy. My friend put his hat aside to ride the crazy mouse and the ride ops thought it was lost even though other hats were right beside it.

THE PARK NEEDS TO GET BETTER!!! I'm renaming it State Fair of the West. It only has state fair rides.

I didn't do much pics yesterday, but here's some:

DIGI0204.JPG.c8388bf064ef70d23584b981f36b5c27.JPG

Main Street at night. Possibly the only good view in the park.

DIGI0200.JPG.0cf6af8b34ddf9178944eb224a13faa2.JPG

Me and Ty rode Crazy Mouse separately for about 10 times each. It was a different experience by yourself for some odd reason.

DIGI0145.JPG.80a2982f4acb531574138bdc0b1c7778.JPG

It's not even at its full height yet.

DIGI0123.JPG.bf890d4babb17777b5f13e7ecc3921fc.JPG

Exclusive POV!!! Actually, it's just a zoomed in pic from the quene line. They were going to let me bring my camera on the ride believe it or not!

DIGI0118.JPG.d13beaab029cb037ed0f4eae30b5e1b0.JPG

When we got to the park, CM was closed because the brakes weren't working. It opened up later for us though.

DIGI0113.JPG.56c7b214db66fb2c89aaf3771fc00a4f.JPG

The Prairie Plunge Log Flume finally has water in it. They have a habit of saying that it's going to open "This Friday". It's closed because the water isn't balanced.

DIGI0097.JPG.092ac1b78e019a86ac1a3ce01b2f8cda.JPG

This is the absolute best canoe in the WORLD!!! The back seat is just amazing. Especially compared to other canoes.

It's like there's supposed to be something huge in the background, which would be pleasing to the eye, but then it ends with open sky and a large field. If they were to put in a large coaster, then that would be a good spot, it would be the first thing to see in the distance. The main street looks nice with the lights, just the lack of people makes it seem depressing.