TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Looking for info on Valley Fair

Im going to ValleyFair for the first time next week and dont know much about the park and have ssen few reports.

Does anyone have any tips/info on how to get the most out of my visit. What strategies to use to ride all the ocasters, how busy is the park, what good places are there to eat inside the park, and deals offered for cheaper admission?? Any info on this park or advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat. Thanks for the update. It's good to hear Renegade is running again.

Anyways, since Renegade will most likely be open for your trip, I strongly suggest be one of the first to get to Renegade, so you don't have to wait as long to ride. That's probably the only advice I can give you, because the lines for all the rides don't tend to be long. Have a good time.

Bob, if you're going and there aren't 70 buses of school kids, you'll probably be fine on the lines.

Try to get to Renegade quick when it opens, you can get a few rides in before the lines get longer.

On a typical day (not loaded with school trips), you can ride Wild thing nearly as many times as you like.

The Giant swing and the Power Tower Drop might also be good to hit early, as those lines can be longer throughout the day.

You can always get on Excalibur without any real lines, any time of the day.

If they only have 1 train running for High Roller, expect a 20-30 minute wait at most.

Weekends are a bit busier, and you could have up to a 20 minute wait on Wild Thing. (Though it's too trimmed now to be totally enjoyable like it used to be, but it can still have some good air.)

The monster for some reason has had shorter lines when I've been there, so maybe people have grown tired of riding it? Even with 70 buses of kids there the other day, you only had a 1 or 2 ride wait.

Steel Venom had been running moderate lines on busy days, only 10-15 minute wait.

The water park is best when done when it first opens.. shortest lines. But the waits are maybe 10-20 minutes at most anyway.

Renegades line gets fullest around 1, so try to ride it a couple times before then, make sure you also go on Wildthing, I know a lot of people on this page say it isn't a good ride because it doesn't get a lot of air time but it really is a great ride as well as Xtreme Swing.

^Sorry, but it really isn't a great ride. There aren't forces anywhere. It's like sitting on a bench outside the mall on a windy day. It doesn't even make sense that there aren't forces, because the drop is pretty much identical to Steel Force's and Mamba's (both of which are a lot of fun).

^Sorry, but it really isn't a great ride. There aren't forces anywhere. It's like sitting on a bench outside the mall on a windy day. It doesn't even make sense that there aren't forces, because the drop is pretty much identical to Steel Force's and Mamba's (both of which are a lot of fun).

I love the ride and air time isn't everything on a coaster. A coaster can still be fun without loads of airtime.

Was out at VF last night. All the rides were working and the lines were not too bad. For the last 2 hours of the night, you could pretty much ride Renegade as many times as you like, with maybe a 1 train wait. I lost track of how many times I rode it, but believe it was somewhere near 30. Hey, it's a fun coaster, cut me some slack. Nothing else to do on a Sunday night anyway. And it was still just as fun the last time, as it was the first time. And not rough like some woodies!

There was one sticking point though. One of the trains got stuck as it was trying to get back in the station. Those of us in the next train, sat and waited for about 10 minutes before they got the other train going, and let us back in. From that point on (was an hour before close), there was literally no line the rest of the night.

Oh, Renegade seems to be getting more air time than when it first opened.. it seemed then you had some small, short pops of air. Now it seems they are bigger and longer.

So if you're going to be there at closing, enjoy your quick trips!

Oh, check out the IMAX showing of Dolphins when you're there. That was pretty good.

p.s. The brakes on High Roller have made it so there is only one small hill, on the very back near the station, that you seem to get any air on.. VF has ruined this once very fun coaster with all it's trimming!

Wild Thing is so trimmed down that most coaster enthusiasts, including myself, call it Mild Thing. It is boring to ride after only a couple of times. You have to truly try to find ways to make it fun after 4 or 5 times. You do not have to do that on Renegade. Renegade is as fun and intense every single time.

Sure, there is still some good air on Wild THing up and over the second hill, and a little on the back side, but the trimming has ruined what this coaster could be. It just isn't intense anymore.

IMHO of course.

^The air on the second hill, as I've said many times and in many places, barely counts. You're maybe a millimeter out of your seat for around five seconds. It's sort of like the feeling you get when you're swimming.

Lol, that's right - Mild Thing (the brown one) and Milder Thing (the green one).

^If there really were 5 seconds on the second hill, that would be amazing. I actually get quite good air there, and am definitely more than a millimeter out of my seat, and am completely weightless for quite a bit on that hill. (I would say more-so in the front than back.)

This coaster is very similar to Mamba at WoF, but Mamba is a much more intense coaster. CP needs to get Wild Thing back to how it used to run.. It was actually more fun and intense back in the old days. (Or Maybe my tastes have just changed that I need more intense rides???)

^The air on the second hill, as I've said many times and in many places, barely counts. You're maybe a millimeter out of your seat for around five seconds. It's sort of like the feeling you get when you're swimming.

Lol, that's right - Mild Thing (the brown one) and Milder Thing (the green one).

I like the speed of the ride, because it is the fastest coaster and the longest coaster in the park, I also like the tunnel. I like Renegade but its a bit short.

If it wasn't for Renegade, this park would be terrible IMO. I did the whole park in less than 2 hours(besides Renegade) That included re-rides and rides on flats.

Renegade on the other hand is awsome. Brings the park up to acceptable.

High Roller would be sweet if it wasn't for the break on the turn around.