TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKI Ride Removal?

I recently heard somewhere that PKI is removing "something" after this season. So, what are your guesses?

I'm gonna state for the record: I think they will take out Vortex. It's old and rough (I still like it though!), and the current trend seems to be tearing down big Arrow loopers. And, if they removed Vortex, they'd have a large, prime spot for a new ride.

What do you guys think?

-kip-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing Top Gun would be a complete shame. I consider it to be the best suspended in North America. Better than its clone at PCW, better than Big Bad Wolf and Ninja, and obviously better than Iron Dragon, XLR8, etc.

Not only does Top Gun have a solid layout, the setting amidst the trees is breath-taking.

-kip-

I am glad I will get to go this summer before another ride is closed. I think they should get rid of the log flume and expand the size of the Action Zone to put in a Jump 2. They already seem to be favoring giant Huss rides.

While standing in the queue for Italian Job on Thursday, the talkative Valley Girl in from of me was telling her friend (poor girl, we stood there 30 minutes and I don't think she got 3 words of conversation in on her friend) that the Vortex is being taken down at the end of the year....because it is built on a SWAMP and is SINKING!!!! LOL!!!!!

I, personally, haven't ridden that thing for years because it is too rough for me. I would have to think that Vortex would be the logical choice, especially if they have any intentions of building something to compete with the TTDs and KKs of the world (which my husband wishes they would). He, by the way, starts back to work there tomorrow, so I will tell him to get the scoop........

Shari "Something that wouldn't hurt my head would be nice" Shoufler

Ohio parks seem to have issues with sinking rides.

Personally I enjoy Vortex, it isn't as rough as some of the older Arrow mega-loopers, plus the slow corkscrews make it interesting. I vote for Face/Off or Flight of Pain .. I mean Fear.

You know what guys...me and my clever thinking are gonna put this little tid bit in. Perhaps a ride is **leaving** the park just like "waterworks" closed in the park. I was thinking just now when I was reading the rumor that FOF was in the running but I was like wait a minute, they did have a new concept theme for a launched coaster so maybe they may be adding it to FOF and that would cause FOF to have to be "removed" from the park a la water works style. You know how paramount does the fun hypes!!

While I don't like to see any coaster bite the dust, I'd rather see Top Gun go than Vortex.

Vortex is one of my favorite Arrow loopers and I'd really hate to see it go in the scrap pile.

I rode it again this year and it didn't seem nearly as rough as some of the others out there.

I just hold my head back against the restraint.

• 4 weeks later...

(I figured Id post here, since I dont want to create chaos (or DO I?))

-----

If we had a choice of what was gonna go, Adventure Express or Top Gun. Im fully with BGWfreak on his oppinions. And whoever said TG was one of the best suspendeds, I think Iron Dragon>Top Gun IMO. As for why I chose Adventure Express, we have too many family coasters! Lets see now...

*Top Cat

*Beastie

*Scooby

*Reptar (I actually like it for a "trainee SLC")

*Adventure Express

*IJST

...That means 6/12 coasters are family orientated...

( And whoever said TG was one of the best suspendeds, I think Iron Dragon>Top Gun IMO.

I've been on 3 suspended so far I think and by far Big Bad Wolf blew Iron Dragon and Top Gun out of the water.

BBW is actually an intense coaster, without actually beating the crap out of you like Top Gun can do.

Top Gun is like being put in a blender at spots. lol

^Well I havent been to BGW yet, so I dont know...Iron Dragon still owns TG...

I had a realization. Why not take out TRTR or Delierium? Though I enjoy both rides, both of em have been fuctioning as much as KK this season....

I had a realization. Why not take out TRTR or Delierium? Though I enjoy both rides, both of em have been fuctioning as much as KK this season....

Did they shorten the ride time on Tomb Raider??? It seemed so much shorter this time than it did in 2002 when I was last up there before this May.

I still like it, it's just way too short.

Did they shorten the ride time on Tomb Raider??? It seemed so much shorter this time than it did in 2002 when I was last up there before this May.

I still like it, it's just way too short.

I cant really say, cuz I never timed it xD. It does feel a bit tamer though...and I still hate that ending (youd think they would atleast shake the car a bit or something...)

nnnno....if they get rid of a big ride to make room for a new huge coaster, my moneys on sob...too rough, and vortex beats it any day....(on a typical trip to pki, I ride vortex at least 3 times and sob only once...) Did I neglect to mention that these 'typical trips' I take occur almost weekly? (Reon's coastin Ohio tour so far: 2 weeks ago, PKI. Last week, Coney Island. This week, PKI again. Next week CP)

Jared"PLEASE keep my Vortex"Becker

I would be simply shocked if they removed Son of Beast. Do you know how much time, money, research, and design went into that project? It's only five years old. I can see them tearing it down, but not anytime soon.

If I got to choose which coaster to remove, I would say axe the Racer. That's the worst adult coaster in the park, in my opinion. And while we're playing make-believe, bring back the f***ing King Cobra! That ride kicked arse. They should have taken out PKD's Shockwave, and left King Cobra

-kip-

While I FULLY agree with your KC comment, there is NO WAY that PKI will ever take down Racer. Sure it sucks, but do you know the history behind that thing? Its too important to tear down...Unless I forgot, Racer was the ride that resparked the coaster craze long ago....theres no way they can take it down...

Who says PKI is taking out anything? The Action Zone area of the park is already overcrowded so even if they did take down SOB or TG, there really would be no room for anything. There is really only two big and easily accessible areas for expansion:1) On the other side of the racer, where the Safari ride was, and 2) Behind Tomb Raider. There is a large area in between The Beast and the Waterpark that could be developed.

As for removing rides, I don't see that happening. Let's look here:

The Beast-No way in HE$$ this would be removed

The Racer- TOO much history

SOB-Yeah, lets put millions of dollars into something then tear it down. If you believe this is going, then next year CP is removing TTD to build a new woodie

Vortex-Only multi-inversion in the park, next

Flight of Fear-very rare ride which is still a draw for people, personally, i would stop going to PKI if they took this out and I live 30 mins from the park.

TG-alright, I agree, not the best, but for those of us who remember The Bat, this is a blessing. Probably some contract thing with S&S(Arrow) that they can't remove it.

Adventure Express-This would be my guess for removal, but then again, it really frees up no land or anything so why bother.

Here is my best guess knowing the park. I can see them building something behind TR. There's a large area of land there were they could build something huge, plus it would draw people back to the part of the park again.

In my ideal world, here's what I see. I want to see the third ride in the serious. That's right, I want.....wait for it......keep waiting......I want "The Mother" come one, you had to see it coming, we have father and son, now lets see what could produce the spawn of satan himself. And here's my ideas. A gigacoaster like MF, but not big for reason of being taller, more for fear. Like I said before, there's the area the Safari tram used to run in, so hypothetically, if you build it long enough, you could have a coaster that intertwined with both SOB and The Beast. It could start out behind the Motion Theatre at the back of The Racer and soar down inside the loop on SOB then maybe go inbetween the double helix on The Beast. Now I know what you're saying, THAT WOULD BE A HUGE COASTER!!! And your right. But PKI has a history of not doing things the normal way. Plus, let's get over the height issues that everyone is chasing. How bout a coaster that is long and exciting, you could do so much with a 7000-8000' coaster, or even longer. How bout a huge terrain coaster that covers A TON of area. Now who wouldn't want to ride that. Plus, if you build something that long, you might be able to run 5-6 trains at a time, talk about keeping it moving.

Now, that's just fantasy, but remember PKI never does anything just "normal" Think The Beast, The Bat, Drop Zone, Flight of Fear and others. I think if they do build something, it will be great.