TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Orlando trip advice

So I graduated high school today (yay!) and my parents gave me a folded up piece of paper which stated that they had booked a flight to orlando with hotel, rental car and tickets to Universal and they proceeded to tell me that whatever else we did was up to me, so I was wondering a few things:

1. Could I cram all these parks into that period of time (BGA, IOA, USO, WDW (all on one day park hopper) Sea World and possibly Cypress Gardens with just concern with credits )

2. Will the Halloween events be on by that point? and if so what effect will they have on the trip?

3. What kind of crowds should I expect?

4. Any other notes of intrest or comments that would help would be appreciated thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long are you staying for? If a week...

I'd say skip Cypress Gardens, and spend a extra 1/2 day at IOA or someware at Disney. 4 credits and dumpy park or 1/2 day at one of the best...

Though you can do 1 day at Disney (but without extra hours, it'll be really hard), I think with 3 days you can do pretty much everything you'd want too (and not be so rushed). 1 day at Epcot, 1 day at Magic Kingdom, 1/2 day each at Animal/MGM.

So...3 days disney, 1 day SeaWorld, 1 Day BGA, 2 Days IOA/the park with Mummy and MIB

If I'm wrong in someway, someone correct me. (which would be likey)

Well Zach, considering that it IS the end of school, expect some mild to high crowds, especially at WDW. You Probably would be able to cram all of these parks in. It would be a tight schedule, but still be able to have fun. If you are going in a few weeks, then no the Halloween stuff won't have an effect on your trip, but if you are going this fall, the parks would be a tad busier but nothing to notice. And some pointers, Pack some cool clothes, Florida is hot and muggy during this time of year. And also pack a poncho, this Is hurricane season you know! If you need any more help i would be glad to help!

The Halloween Stuff should be pretty cool. I heard The Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween Party is cool, you should try to get tickets for that or halloween haunt at universal.

>> Jake

Honestly I dont think you can cram all that in the four days you'll be there. When me and my family went last summer we went to Disney for two days, Sea World for one and Universal for one. Even with that I missed out on a lot. We stayed the whole day at Magic Kingdom and still didn't get to ride and see everything. Then we did the park hopper and hit the other three parks the next day which I do not recommend. It was so rushed we couldn't enjoy it as much and missed out on seeing a lot. I think the advice in the other post is good advice but since you only have 4 days I would suggest 2 days at Universal and 2 days at Disney. But of course I'm also a huge Disney fan. That would give you ample time at Universal but you'd still probably miss out on quite a bit at Disney.

yeah well Disney looks really nice, however I want to focus on trying to do everything in Orlando rather then everything in one specfic park. I've been thinking that since we arrive at 12:15 on the 12th we could do like BGA on the 12th. Then hit Seaworld in the morning and Universal/IOA durring the afternoon on the 13th. Do Disney on the 14th. Then if there's time do Cypress Gardens on the morning of the 15th

Wow, that's an awful lot to do in just a few days. I'm not saying you can't do it, but you better bring your running shoes and a good game plan. ...just a thought, you might be better off doing Seaworld on the 15th and using all day on the 14th to visit IOA and USF.

The Halloween stuff will definitely be going on by then. I, in agreement with several above, would skip Cypress Gardens. It's going to be out of your way and the park sucks. If you're going on week days (I'm too lazy to look at a calendar), you can do IOA and USO in one day. Disney...you can pretty much do in one day. If you're staying in Orlando, BGA is a whole day. You could almost do Sea World in 1/2 day, but if they're still doing Shamu Rocks then, stick around for it, because I got a preview of the new show and it's pretty stellar.

October shouldnt be that busy. If you look at HHN website it will tell you the dates. Howl - o - Scream at bga is cool since all the coasters are open so not only can you do haunted houses but all the coasters. If you go just to ride the coasters and not look around and see shows you should be able to do all the parks.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what airport you're flying into and out of, but I kind of doubt everything can be done in that amount of time, and would be very expensive if you don't have passes. Your best bet would be to do something like Cypress Gardens and BGA on the 12th utilizing BGA's Howl-O-Scream event time to ride all the coasters there. The 13th do everything at Disney with a parkhopper, starting the day off at Animal Kingdom, then moving on to MGM-Studios, and then Epcot if you want to go there. Then buy a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket to get into Magic Kingdom for the evening. Spend the whole day Sunday at IOA and Universal on the 14th, and then hit SeaWorld on the 15th before your flight out (assuming you leave later than 1pm). That's the only way I can see you getting to do everything in that short of a span of time, by utilizing the late hours of the Halloween events. Of course, you'll have to put the coasters first and the haunted attractions second, and be up for a very long time the entire trip.

My advice? Don't waste your money. You're trying to bite off way more than you can chew. Orlando can NOT be seen in 4 days - period.

You already have tickets to Universal, so go there and enjoy it. Give each park a full day (they will close very early anyway.) Spend a night at HHN (doing the actual HHN attractions, not rides) and maybe spend the other one at a Blue Man show.

Spend a full day at Magic Kingdom if you're going there. All of the other parks are easier to do in half a day, but keep travel time in mind for BGA. Check out Downtown Disney in the evening. Do NOT try seeing all of Disney in a single day. It's a complete waste. Simply being in the park doesn't qualify as experiencing it. You need to give yourself time to see what each park has to offer.

My advice? Don't waste your money. You're trying to bite off way more than you can chew. Orlando can NOT be seen in 4 days - period.

You already have tickets to Universal, so go there and enjoy it. Give each park a full day (they will close very early anyway.) Spend a night at HHN (doing the actual HHN attractions, not rides) and maybe spend the other one at a Blue Man show.

Spend a full day at Magic Kingdom if you're going there. All of the other parks are easier to do in half a day, but keep travel time in mind for BGA. Check out Downtown Disney in the evening. Do NOT try seeing all of Disney in a single day. It's a complete waste. Simply being in the park doesn't qualify as experiencing it. You need to give yourself time to see what each park has to offer.

I fully agree with this statement. Additionally, I would turn Seaworld into a half-day. To be honest, I found nothing good about that park other than Kraken and the Polar Bear/Arctic building. You can probably fit it in after you get out of the airport if you are quick about it. Then as the others said, tackle both Universal parks and HHN, its worth the extra entrance cost. Finally, hit Magic Kingdom on your last day to get that Disney fix. As said before, its impossible to do all of Orlando in only 3 days.

Additionally, I would count out a BGA trip unless you like speeding. Its a bit of a distance from WDW and Universal, plus factoring in traffic and driving time, its not worth it. Save the smaller parks for another trip.