TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Secret Scary Coaster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only coasters that have really freaked me out to the point that I wouldn't ride them were the Deja Vus in Georgia and Chicago. Then I rode Sheikra and realized that the vertical drop on a coaster isn't anything close to the same sensation as the drop on a drop tower. So then I rode the one at Magic Mountain without hesitation and loved it. Now I've just gotta figure out how to get the other two Deja Vu credits!

-Julie

Belive it or not, I've never really been scared of a roller coaster. The closest thing I can think of was my 2nd ride on the Ninja at SFOG, becuase I knew it would hurt like Hell.

Why did I ride it twice? Who knows...

Truth be told, I've never passed up a roller coaster for any reason what-so-ever. Not even fear.

Nowadays there isn't really any coaster or other ride that scares me, unless I look at it and it looks as though it might fall apart. If I think I am going to be safe I haven't any fear atall.

The coster I did put off for the longest when I was younger was the Black Hole at Alton Towers, probably from hearing about its 'pitch black vertical drop' and various other scary stories. I eventually plucked up the courage when I was in line for the Beast and overheard someone saying it was just the Black Hole outdoors. It became one of my favourite rides, just a shame its no longer there.

One roller-coaster I used to be terrified of was the "Tower of Terror" At Dreamworld. Just the fact of you free falling backwards was enough to scare the crap out of me, yet alone going 100mph! After alot of peer pressure I finally rode it, coming back into the station my hair was ruffled, hands closed in the shape that I gripped the harness with and all I had to say was "What the hell just happened, and was that it!"

I also had until 2005 a huge fear of going on anything that inverted me. My first looper was a SLC (Lethal Weapon) I walked up to the air gates and left the queue about 3 times before finally getting the courage to take my seat. To make things just that bit more interesting for me, once I took my seat my harness wouldn't lock properly so they made me move seats... to the front (just my luck) Once the floor started to drop I knew it was too late. About 3/4 of the way up the lift I heard this noise and the ride stopped. After about 10 mins of being stalled, the operators walked up to re-check our harnesses and we were off again. The ride had ended and I ran off the ride to re-join the queue very happy with myself.

I then proceeded to start riding the bigger rides (Cyclone, Wipeout, Claw etc.) and I realized that my fear had been conquered... not without several millions of screams and profanities. I was very pleased with myself afterwards though!

THe only coaster i ever whipmed out on was Superman, and that was when i was JUST tall enough to go on. I was like, no way! I knew too much about it from the travel channel to want to go on.

I was also scared to death of perilous plunge after it checked the lady, and they were REALLY anal about saftey.. to the point where it was scary.

The first time I rode Villain at Geauga Lake, than Six Flags Ohio, I almost cried cause I actually thought I was going to die. I was 9 than and it took me another year to get back on it and now I love it.

Hmm...Shiekra at BGT still scares the piss out of me. I've been on it before, several times in fact, but I still won't go on it unless I'm with someone else who wants to go. I'm not crazy about the falling sensation either, but I'll do Tower of Terror before I do Sheikra.

One more thing...I would look up at the first drop on Millenium Force and go HELL NO....

I hate ferris wheels, I will never ever ride them. I will ride a 900 foot dive machine before I ride one of them. My only scary ride on a coaster was Screaming Eagle back in 01. The car in front me with my sister in it was jumping around on the lift hill. The train stalled, I thought we were off the tracks.

Sky Coasters scare me to death. I never liked the look of them. Oh and fast lift hills, Millenium force is on my top 10 must ride rides but the lift petrifys me, going 14mph over the top a 310ft drop is scary! The hieght does'nt scare me it's just how fast the lift is! same with El Toro, I love the drop, but I hate the lift and the turn before! you never expect to gain speed on a lift. El Toros lift is more of a mini launch!