TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Secret Scary Coaster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^First of al happy birthday!

I don't really have a ride that scares me. Sure whenever I ride a coaster for the first time I'm a little scared (my first SLC was terrifying!) but after some rides I'm not scared anymore.

Of the coaster I haven't ridden, I believe Dodonpa would be the most scary.

^

LOL. I went on Oblivion with my friend yesturday. I was pooing my pants but my friend seemed pretty layed back. When I was hagging there I was the most scared person in the world. But I'm not scared of it any more. We went on it 5 times and at the end of the day, 4 times in a row.

Edit: Thanks wrebbit.

Well, in the past i've been very scared of riding new coasters IE Nemesis and Rita however, I don't ever get scared of riding new rides now, have overcome that fear.

One coaster I reckon I would crap myself on would be X, does look fairly scary. Going down those drops at weird angles and all that. Also, any HUGE drop towers would scare me. Done ToT Florida and Detonator at Thorpe which I both love (ToT one of my top rated) but say the one at Port Aventura or Apocalypse, they look MASSIVE and I would probably get soooo scared, but would still go on them.

Also, I do still get scared on Oblivion which is why it remains my no 2 coaster. The way it intimidates you and looking down that drop for 3 seconds is horrific. Found the best way to ride it a couple of months ago, hands behind ya back on the drop, fly out of your seat, major airtime

Dan

I'm not gonna lie here. I was all about riding Sheikra on a recent trip to Busch Gardens until I saw this thing up close. I freaked out and did not ride. I hate drop rides. I don't like the free fall feeling and I am fairly scared of heights, so the combination of the two made me say forget this ride. I can ride Goliath at my park, SFOG, which is the same height, but the combination of height and straight free fall on Sheikra was enough for me to say no thanks. I don't think I could ever ride TTD or KK. People may call me a pus or whatever, but I don't care, there are some things I just will not do.

I also rode Vertical Velocity at SF Discovery Kingdom in California and we sat near the back. It is almost the same as Wicked Twister, except that it doesn't twist on the back tower and those straight drops were pretty scary. I screamed like a little girl. LOL

Wicked Twister in the back row is as scary as it gets. Sometimes you wonder if you are going to fly off the top of the track! Anyone else agree with me on that?

No, but it is really fun

Honestly, no roller coaster on earth even gets my heart rate up anymore.

But when I was younger I remember riding Titan at SFOT when it first opened and I was a little scared of that ride I will admit it

My first roller coaster Kraken scared me to death. My brother had to drag me on it and i was freaking out the whole lift and half way down the drop I started to love it. Thats were my love of roller coasters started on kraken. Also on Mystery Mine going up the vertical lifts kind of scared me the first time.

Every new coaster I go on, or just riding again after you haven't for a season gets me going. Also, big intamin free-fall towers are the worst for me. They're icredibly fun, but going up and the anticipation of coming back down scares the heck out of me. That's why I ride coasters, for the thrill!

I don't really have any coasters that freak me out anymore. I've gotten fairly used to the experience. Though, there are a few coasters out there that I haven't ridden that I'm sure would stir a little fear up, like Kirnu, Hypersonic, Dodonpa, and X.

I also get really freaked out by large Intamin Freefalls or any ARM tower. I love them, but the drop still freaks me out and the anticipation is just killer.

The first time I rode Mr. Freeze at SFOT, I sat in the back and I remember having an awful feeling as the train climbed the spike...like it wasn't going to stop and the cars were going to just fall over the edge. I was sure it was going to happen and it made me feel kind of sick. I love the ride now....but I was a bit freaked out then.

The only rides that bother me a bit are Rapids rides, the kind with the large boats that sit like eight people.

I remember this story from years ago about one of those boats over-turning, fatally trapping a woman underneath, and it's stayed with me ever since. I love Shoot-the-Chutes and Log Flumes, but those boats have always creeped me out a bit. I'll ride 'em, but not without a few butterflies in my stomach.

also, that chicago loop thing they have at carnivals.

so many people have died on that thing, its rediculous. when it was at my fair a couple weeks ago, two people died on one train, one of a heartattack, and one from falling out because of a malfunctioning restraint. the ride reopened two hours later.

What I feared the most is my own hometown coaster, Halilintar. Lack of inspection, more than 20 years old. It's just very scary especially when you take the lift hill, it sounds very 'clack-clack-clack' loudly, like I've never heard it before. The scarier thing even happened when you hit the brake and then there's this kind of fire shows up beside peoples' seats.

Scary...

1787653357_Halilintar-DuniaFantasi.jpg.187f826dce3af02aad7bec243b9825b1.jpg

Not safe enough...

Mine has to be Detonator at Thorpe Park. After doing that, it was fairly hard for me to do a 200ft one in Spain because I thought it would be like Detonator.

I do prefer the 200ft+ models to Detonator... I don't know why.

I hated Rush at first too, I didn't like the idea of swinging fast with a rather puny-looking lap bar, but I loved it

There's only 3 rides that really truly scared me. First (and most scary) was X, my first time on it. I was 12 and waited for a while, so once i was in the station i was pretty freaking scared. I sat down and the restraints at the time did NOT feel safe to me. At the top of the hill once my seat rotated I'll admit i screamed like a little girl. I loved the ride though. Next would probably be Dragster. I was fine all through the line but once we pulled out of the station and it was dark after waiting in line for so long i was scared, and so were my friends (it was all our first time on it). Once we launched it was awesome though. And last would be Millennium, which doesn't scare me anymore (the first drop is still pretty intense though).

Mine has to be Detonator at Thorpe Park. After doing that, it was fairly hard for me to do a 200ft one in Spain because I thought it would be like Detonator.

I do prefer the 200ft+ models to Detonator... I don't know why.

you're lucky you like drop towers! i hate them, i dunno why but they just freak me out(although the 50 ft ones are fun!) IceDragon really wants to drag me on detonator whilst i scream my head off!