TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Unbelievable story about queue jumpers at Disneyland

I really don't get why people are letting the comments get to them. This is Theme Park Review - we have a user here who's screen name is "jew." We make fun of EVERYONE.

I like to say we are an "equal opprotunity offender."

We give everyone crap, so if you or your ethnic group feel singled out, let me know, and we'll start making fun of other races, political parties, coaster groups, sexual orientation, etc, more often.

So, not to keep dragging this OT, but to be clear here...as a matter of policy, TPR threads won't be locked or pulled on account of offensive language or attitudes? I mean, I'm fine with that...just want to be sure...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why people are letting the comments get to them. This is Theme Park Review - we have a user here who's screen name is "jew." We make fun of EVERYONE.

I like to say we are an "equal opprotunity offender."

We give everyone crap, so if you or your ethnic group feel singled out, let me know, and we'll start making fun of other races, political parties, coaster groups, sexual orientation, etc, more often.

So, not to keep dragging this OT, but to be clear here...as a matter of policy, TPR threads won't be locked or pulled on account of offensive language or attitudes? I mean, I'm fine with that...just want to be sure...

"Don't be an ass hat"

That's the policy.

--Robb "Continuing to go off topic to prove your personal point is being an ass hat." Alvey

ooh ooh ooh, and the ACErs

Oh that's right! Those fucking fat ass pork eating dirty dirty ACErs! Damn them!!! And I know some of them are jews...

--Robb "Name a group of people that annoy you...." Alvey

Well since I'm a Star Wars fanatic, I'll say I hate anyone who likes Star Trek, what a bunch of freaks! And Paris Hilton, I just want to get a bat and slam it in her face. I hope she makes a "new" friend, if you catch my drift, preferably(sp?) a 300 pound WHITE BLACK LATINA HISPANIC JEWISH AMISH NATIVE AMERICAN woman named Leftie who likes stupid blonde girls!!!!!!

I'm going to go back onto the original topic quickly before we can return to making random (albeit pointless) posts...

Someone on the last page hit it on the nail really, everyone MUST enter the queue at the same time.

Now at Chessington this year, because of our Familt friendly stuff, we brought in a 'Pit Stop Pass', which is basically for families where the kid needs a wee whilst in line, they can go off to loo, and come back providing they have one and boom, back into the line they go...

Though I've never had that given to me, so whether it works or not I don't know...

Now if I'm at a meet at a park with one of my forum groups, and there's usually over 30/40 on a large scale trip, if we get split up entering a queue, the first lot wait till the rest catch up, this stops several going past a smaller group of people...

If people queue jump right in front of you, you also don't have to argue, light up a smoke and deliberately blow it into their direction, not obvious but why not, they broke a rule, why can't you? My mates did that when waiting to go on X:/NWO, but I don't actually support it...

Until the park management give us workers suitable means as to punish people, we can't do much. At Chessington, all I could do is say go to the back of the line, since I haven't really been informed as to what to do bout these situations. I may bring it up to my TL next time I'm there, because, even though us workers can jump the queue through Express, I won't because I'll find it unfair on the other sensible people who haven't paid for the privilege...

So finally, I'm afraid that it's a problem we'll have to deal with, perhaps go to Guest Services next time instead of to a normal worker, and give examples of what other parks do, GS are usually pretty nice voer in the UK, but it's better than moaning to us poor workers who have to concentrate on more than one thing...

I've avoided this one until now, but I've got .02 burning a hole in my pocket. To those who are upset over the stereotypes, etc., you must not be big fans of the evening news, huh? What's wrong with accurate reporting?

As far as the incident itself, I feel your pain, man. I've had to bite my toungue many a time to avoid confrontation with line jumpers. Most of the time, a word with park security solves the problem though. In all honesty, if I had been in line with a young child, I would've been just as upset with you guys as with the "latino bitch." Sometimes it's best just to walk away, knowing that at the end of the day, you're a much bigger person than the trash bags that cut in line.

If there's to be a system implemented to reduce line jumping, I don't think ginzo's proposition to revoke season passes would do any sort of improvement. Firstly, the management has to catch the line jumpers in the act -- and that's hard enough as it is for many parks since so many people get away with it so quickly and stealthily before it can be delt with. Secondly, one isn't able to know whether or not the offendor owns a pass or not, and if questioned about it, is one really going to think they'd say "Yes, I do have a pass. (Here it is, confiscate it from me.)"

I've got a new proposal. Parks should put line jumpers into the electric chair, especially if they are gay beaners with AIDS.

If the park happens to be a Cedar Fair park, they could just force them to marathon ride one of their notoriously well maintained woodies. 12 hours on Mean Streak, Ghostrider, SOB, etc is worse than any form of capital punishment.

First, Wes rules.

Second, as I have said before, it's only a matter of time before someone is killed at a park in a line jumping incident. Parks must provide better security for all their guests, and have no tolerance for guest mis-behavior. You would think that Disney would provide much better customer service, but given my last two visits to the CA Disney parks, I can see why this didn't happen.

And sure, both season pass holders and one day ticket holders are going to be caught line jumping, but parents do use local parks as a cheap baby sitting service, especially in California. Someone caught line jumping should be ejected, and have their season pass revoked if they do have one. It would likely make things a lot better both for the guests and the employees.

And for all the easily offended out there, get over yourselves. Life goes a lot easier when you can laugh at things, including yourself...

dt

I've got a $0.02 to add me-self!

I sometimes go to theme parks (mainly in Florida..duh) with a large group which usually consists of family. There are MANY, MANY times we fit this so called "line jumping" definition, but I honestly don't think we're taking advantage of anything.

My "line jumping" situations usually go like this...a group of 10 of us enter the que together..SOMEBODY (it never fails) has to..

A. Take a pee.

B. Take a s***

C. Get a drink (usually water or soda, but on some occasions a BEER).

Usually the party in back of us sees us enter all together, so its no big deal when the part of our party that left the que re-joins us. I usually show the same courtesy. I see kids join their parents in line (who sometimes happen to be right in front of me) after 30 minutes or so. I guess its something I'm just used to.

Now of course, there are ALWAYS some fool who is NOT joining a party & just feels they somehow DESERVE to ride before anyone. U can usually tell who these b*stards are (especially if they're near the front of the line with no obivious party in site). I don't stand for that & have been known to really call people out. Getting into shouting matches...hmmm...I have a 6-year old now, I can't set that kind of example. The last shouting match I had was with the Express Universal CM at E.T. who had the nerve to tell me my express ticket had expired 2 minutes ago (we were delayed in the Spielburg intro part of the que..the doors malfunctioned).

I've got a $0.02 to add me-self!

I sometimes go to theme parks (mainly in Florida..duh) with a large group which usually consists of family. There are MANY, MANY times we fit this so called "line jumping" definition, but I honestly don't think we're taking advantage of anything.

Nonsense. Your party needs to take care of all necessary business BEFORE entering line. If it means spending half the day at the bathroom, so be it. You move slower in large groups. Deal with it.

I also wonder if your party is the type who always blocks the queue entrances while they take 75 minutes to deliberate whether they want to ride the ride or not.

I have no issue with them, as long as they were actually in line. Because making it through an hour long line can be painful if you feel the "urge".

However, I hate the "Go ahead and get in line, and I'll join you in 10 minutes" people. No, have your group wait for you. Especially when there's more than 1 person doing it in the group.

I have no issue with them, as long as they were actually in line. Because making it through an hour long line can be painful if you feel the "urge".

However, I hate the "Go ahead and get in line, and I'll join you in 10 minutes" people. No, have your group wait for you. Especially when there's more than 1 person doing it in the group.

You are 147% correct sure!

It's one thing if you're already IN the line and have to go pee. It's something else when someone's all "I gotta go pee...go get in line and I'll meet you there."

Now, I will go out on a limb and say that *I* am one of those people who would never even THINK about getting out of line to do something and then coming back. I do think it's rude, but it does happen, and at least they were in line already. So when they come back, they aren't adding any more people in front of you that weren't already there.

I will say that if you're going to get in a long line, out of courtesy of everyone else around you, pee, get a drink, whatever BEFORE you get in line so you're not having to annoy people with the 'excuse me....excuse me...excuse me.... shuffle' if you need to leave and come back.

--Robb