TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hang on.. ..this MUST be illegal!

Hey,

The idea is you tell people of strange things you have seen at parks or fairs.

Today I went to a new fair that had just arrived in Scarborough (UK) for a whole season. I was having fun on Caos and other rides but when i went on the waltzer's and what looked to be an 8 year old boy came out of the control room (strange it looked like he was hiding), stepped on to the ride and started spinning peoples cars around!!!! In the UK its Illegal to work until your 13 at all. So this was really bad.

I felt kind of sorry for him because he would be doing that all day until 10:30pm. That was just wrong!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

The idea is you tell people of strange things you have seen at parks or fairs.

Today I went to a new fair that had just arrived in Scarborough (UK) for a whole season. I was having fun on Caos and other rides but when i went on the waltzer's and what looked to be an 8 year old boy came out of the control room (strange it looked like he was hiding), stepped on to the ride and started spinning peoples cars around!!!! In the UK its Illegal to work until your 13 at all. So this was really bad.

I felt kind of sorry for him because he would be doing that all day until 10:30pm. That was just wrong!

I've worked since I was 12... I'm sure his dad was actually controlling the ride, just telling him what to do. I've had a few kids come and spin my car for me... Without them, the ride would have sucked ass.

I've found, at a fairly decent theme park, the cover for a light that had fallen off one of the moving arms mid-ride. I got £10 for finding it!

Travelling fairs tend to travel with their kids. Its not like they can leave them in day-care for that long.

I doubt that he was an employee. Maybe more just learning the family trade. Better that than spend all day and night sitting by himself while his parents work. He was probably enjoying it. lol.

How cool,

My dad lives near Scarborough and sent me an email to tell me they had set a fair up there, he wasnt sure if they had any credits or not. Do they?

I willl be visiting in Aug so I will check it out if there are any coaster.