Wendy’s manager shot over limit on chili sauce

BarryH

WTF?

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18948833?GT1=9951

Wendy’s manager shot over limit on chili sauce

Drive-through customer gets angry about denial of extra condiments

Video

Updated: 10:44 a.m. ET May 31, 2007

MIAMI - A Wendy's manager was shot several times in the arm early Tuesday trying to protect the restaurant's chili sauce, authorities said.

A man in the drive-through argued with an employee because he wanted more of the condiment, police said. The worker told the customer that restaurant policy prohibited a customer from getting more than three packets.

When the manager came out to speak to the man, the customer shot the manager, Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Mary Walters said. He was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.

The shooter fled with a female passenger.

"I did not know I got shot," store manager Renal Frage told WTVJ-TV in Miami. "When I went back to the office, I saw blood pumping out of my arm, and I was shocked. I was checking myself out and couldn't believe I got shot over some chili sauce."

Frage added: "I got shot over chili sauce. I was trying to figure while in the hospital why someone would shoot me over some chili sauce."

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, proving the cesspool of stupidity that is the fast food industry.

I'd give almost anything to quit the fast food industry and take a step up into someplace slightly less likely to have really stupid customers (Old Navy maybe?).

Again, proving the cesspool of stupidity that is the fast food industry.

I'd give almost anything to quit the fast food industry and take a step up into someplace slightly less likely to have really stupid customers (Old Navy maybe?).

Yeah, but rich(er) people shop at Old Navy, and they can be pretty freaking stupid too.

The manager should have just given the guy the freaking chili sauce! I mean, how many packets a day probably get stepped on, broken, etc.? Did the customer want a case of it or something? Did they have the sauce locked up in a freaking safe? Do they count the packets daily to ensure that the correct number has been dispensed? Sheesh!!!

Customers can be stupid, but some managers are SO afraid of getting reprimanded for breaking policy ONCE that... well... this is a great example.

What a bizarre incident.