TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

^Good news: they’re not trims! Lol

LSM's when not powered to accelerate the train are effectively trims, no?

I think what we might see here is the use of LSM's (vs. fixed alloy fins) as trims in this case, which remain unpowered acting as trims, unless the rare circumstance the train balances at the top of the crest. In which these LSM's can be powered to push it over, reducing the risk for evac provisions, such as platforms and such over the apex of the top hat.

That's my guess, at least.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

In which these LSM's can be powered to push it over, reducing the risk for evac provisions, such as platforms and such over the apex of the top hat.

That's my guess, at least.

I'm pretty sure that's what they're for. Stalls may happen and having that little LSM up there means that they don't have to bring in the cavalry if the train doesn't make it over.

One of my favorite things about this ride so far is that I noticed even the plastic over wrap on the trains is themed. Pictures I saw have "INGen" printed in black letters in the side. Kinda cool to take themeing that far for the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey quick question, my fiancé is obsessed with Harry Potter and we’ve been to the Hollywood version but I think the Florida experience will be perfect for our anniversary. What is the best time to visit the Orlando resort with minimal crowds???

Weekdays in the fall are usually good.  Avoid the parks during the holidays, especially Christmas week.  Also, winter tends to be not too bad but make sure it's not a holiday weekend (MLK day, etc)

7 hours ago, Animal said:

Hey quick question, my fiancé is obsessed with Harry Potter and we’ve been to the Hollywood version but I think the Florida experience will be perfect for our anniversary. What is the best time to visit the Orlando resort with minimal crowds???

We went the 2nd week of December 2018 and almost everything was a walk on. We only did IOA though. Kids and wife got 2 re-rides on Forbidden Journey near the end of the night. 

11 hours ago, Animal said:

We have been there various times throughout the year and our personal favorite time to go is mid September, past Labor day.   Lowest crowds I've seen and the weather is still warm enough to do hotel pools and park water rides but not the full-on oppressive summer hot.