TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 602: Universal Holidays & Velocicoaster photo report posted!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how they build a roller coaster in the same time it took them to built new lockers for Harry Potter.   

On Sunday I ventured out to the Universal Orlando Resort for a chance to see the new holiday offerings at the two parks. This year is a little different thanks to COVID-19, but Universal has still man

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

Here's a video of the very last show of Twister at Universal Studios Orlando:

Thank you to budsdre for sending us the footage!

Aaand they did not waste any time removing the sign by 9am the next morning...

CS0IWZlWcAAyfe6.thumb.jpg.2abf30d8f3e4ac3215801264c9531696.jpg

Photo by Jon Locke

Yet something else the GF and I will miss out on during our Orlando trip in DEC. Mostly miffed about missing Hulk by 2 1/2 months.

I am however glad USO is giving it the TLC it needs and deserves.

Yet something else the GF and I will miss out on during our Orlando trip in DEC.

To be fair, you're not missing anything. You probably would have gone in there and went "Wow, what a waste of our time...we could have ridden Mummy again..."

I actually haven't been inside Twister in well over ten years. We never even bothered to take Kristen to ride it! lol

Yet something else the GF and I will miss out on during our Orlando trip in DEC.

To be fair, you're not missing anything. You probably would have gone in there and went "Wow, what a waste of our time...we could have ridden Mummy again..."

I felt the same way when I finally rode "Disaster."

Wow, my only trip ever to USO was when this was under construction. I think it was around 1996 or 97 since T2:3D was the new thing and I don't remember hearing anything about IOA.

Twister wasn't amazing by today's standards but I'm sure it was a hit when it was released. I'm grateful for getting to experience it a couple weeks ago but I could see why it was time to replace it. Hopefully they have something good in store.

What was the "Back to the Future" ride? None of my friends/colleagues have/had been to Universal when this was open.

I was a BIG fan of the movie, so I am presuming the ride would have been pretty smart?

It was a simulator in the same building where the Simpsons ride is now. What happens is that Biff Tannen steals a time-traveling DeLorean, and you have to catch him and bring him back.

Here's a video of the Universal Japan version.

Twister wasn't amazing by today's standards but I'm sure it was a hit when it was released. I'm grateful for getting to experience it a couple weeks ago but I could see why it was time to replace it. Hopefully they have something good in store.

Not so funny story - It wasn't a hit at all!!! It had to delay opening after we had some very deadly (for Florida) Tornadoes come through right before it was supposed to open. When it finally did open, some people were still upset and said it was too close to the recent deaths.

What was the "Back to the Future" ride? None of my friends/colleagues have/had been to Universal when this was open.

I was a BIG fan of the movie, so I am presuming the ride would have been pretty smart?

It was a simulator in the same building where the Simpsons ride is now. What happens is that Biff Tannen steals a time-traveling DeLorean, and you have to catch him and bring him back.

Here's a video of the Universal Japan version.

And the English version is on most of the BTTF blu-rays. I just found it included on BTTF 3's bonus features. There's also a new short on the 30th set starring Christopher Lloyd about why 2015 is so different now from the movie version but I haven't seen it yet. Not sure it really needed an explanation apart from the future is crappier than people thought it would be.

Bonus fact: I had no idea Peyton Reed (Ant Mans director) was the writer of the ride. My wife got me the new blu-ray box set that had the animated series and he also wrote some of the episodes on that.

Awesome, thank you. Is this a fondly remembered ride at Universal or had it reached the end of its shelf life and people are happy that they moved on (especially given how popular the Simpsons became).?

Just had a few beers and watched them remove the top of the loop. So now the only thing remaining is the launch tunnel and a small portion of the loop bottom, I wonder how much longer that has.

Wow blimey, thanks for the update. I wondering yesterday what progress had been made as they seem to be moving at quite a decent tempo.

BTW Screamscape have said in their latest update they now believe that the rumours of it not being B&M appear to be false and that unpainted track has been spotted in Clermont, possibly for Hulk. I've not seen any pictures of this though.

Do you miss Horror Nights already? The dates for HHN26 have been announced today!

EVENT DATES CONFIRMED FOR UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 26

Universal Orlando Resort has announced event dates for next year – guests can look forward to more startlingly-real scares in 2016 from select nights Sept. 16 to Oct. 31.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 shattered records as the scariest and highest-rated event in Universal Orlando’s history – and there’s more to come. The twisted minds behind the nation’s best Halloween event are already hard at work planning for next year. Stay tuned to Universal Orlando’s blog as details for next year’s event are revealed, and visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Orlando

Here's a recap of HHN25!

I feel like Universal is getting ruined. First they have the idiotic idea of removing most of the theming on dueling dragons when 're theming' it, then they remove disaster, and replace it with a Jimmy Falon ride, then they remove twister.

I feel like as time's change and some things that were once considered "hot items" like Twister, or Disaster getting replace by new things that are current "hot items" or at least things that are more people can currently relate to keeps the park more up to date.

I'm sure replacing a ride, or giving a ride a face lift is much cheaper than building a brand new ride from the ground up. So by replacing old rides not only are they getting a "new attraction" but they are not spending nearly as much as they would on a new build.