TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 602: Universal Holidays & Velocicoaster photo report posted!

Thanks for the update on the Margaritaville menu. We've eaten at the Myrtle Beach one a few times and thought the same that the food was just decent. While we are not parrotheads either, we always enjoy the atmosphere. It's good to see that the menu has improved so we will probably stop in at the Orlando one during our next visit there.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how they build a roller coaster in the same time it took them to built new lockers for Harry Potter.   

On Sunday I ventured out to the Universal Orlando Resort for a chance to see the new holiday offerings at the two parks. This year is a little different thanks to COVID-19, but Universal has still man

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

That does look good. Does anyone know when Construction on The Bank Coaster is supposed to start?

I'm pretty sure it's done at this point - the building is totally closed in I think, and I remember seeing trains getting loaded on a week or two ago so they're probably closing in on testing!

There supposedly going to be a CityWalk announcement on December 12th. What do you guys think it is? Also, doesn't that fit the announcement timeline for the US Thrill Ride's Polercoaster Announcement?

I think a Polercoaster at CityWalk could be a really unique addition. Who knows if it will actually be that, but I'll cross my fingers and hope for it.

but I think the Polercoaster is going in a city/metropolitan area.

Um, what??? You mean like the one that Universal Studios is located in???

I mean a city like Miami or Tampa. Not the one Universal Studios is located in...

^ Because it would be foolish to put a major theme park attraction into the biggest theme park destination in the world? I'm sort of lost on the logic here. Orlando is a perfect location for one of these things. Not to mention the flat landscape would allow for excellent views up in the tower.

^ Because it would be foolish to put a major theme park attraction into the biggest theme park destination in the world? I'm sort of lost on the logic here. Orlando is a perfect location for one of these things. Not to mention the flat landscape would allow for excellent views up in the tower.

What I meant to say is that I'm not expecting the polercoaster to be placed in a theme park. However I could be wrong.

What I meant to say is that I'm not expecting the polercoaster to be placed in a theme park. However I could be wrong.

No, it definitely isn't going into a theme park. But that doesn't rule out City Walk as it is also an entertainment district like Downtown Disney. I am with Dave on I-drive.

All that food at Margaritaville looks amazing! I ate there a few years ago and thought it was pretty good, but nothing amazing. With a new menu, I'll definitely have to be back. Especially for the pretzels, crab dip, and chocolate hurricane!

Edited by jray21

Seeing that food just made me really hungry. I'm "pescetarian" so I love a place with good seafood options. And of course...margaritas Also, what's in that dessert? It looks awesome.

Hoping to possibly visit this park next year so if I do, I'll keep that restaurant in mind!

Having the Polarcoaster on City Walk would be cool. Giving a good view of the parks and backstage areas that maybe Universal doesn't want. I would think I Drive is the probable location.

Having the Polarcoaster on City Walk would be cool. Giving a good view of the parks and backstage areas that maybe Universal doesn't want. I would think I Drive is the probable location.

I honestly think that Universal doesn't mind all that much. There isn't much to be hidden anyways. Disney is always the one with that everyone is on stage feel. If Universal had issues with it they wouldn't have Doctor Doom that gives backstage views, as well as Dragons, Rockit, Mardi Gras float riders, Macys balloon handlers and also HHN . I doubt Citywalk though. There is no land available there.

I honestly think that Universal doesn't mind all that much. There isn't much to be hidden anyways. Disney is always the one with that everyone is on stage feel. If Universal had issues with it they wouldn't have Doctor Doom that gives backstage views, as well as Dragons, Rockit, Mardi Gras float riders, Macys balloon handlers and also HHN . I doubt Citywalk though. There is no land available there.

I feel like a few of the universal parks have their backstage area exposed or something nearby where you can see the unthemed sides of the bulidings from somewhere. Japan has a huge ferris wheel across the water where you can see most of universal, and singapore has both the cable car and a observation car where you can see some of the backstage areas.

I feel like a few of the universal parks have their backstage area exposed or something nearby where you can see the unthemed sides of the bulidings from somewhere. Japan has a huge ferris wheel across the water where you can see most of universal, and singapore has both the cable car and a observation car where you can see some of the backstage areas.

Doesn't Everest have the ride building visible when driving to the park at Animal Kingdom?

^Since when? I remember seeing it and it was just a flat sheet of brown all the way down...I also remember hearing that it was going to be painted Go-Away Green once the money was in place, but I feel like I just saw it a year or two ago and it was still just a flat, brown wall as always.