TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 602: Universal Holidays & Velocicoaster photo report posted!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how they build a roller coaster in the same time it took them to built new lockers for Harry Potter.   

On Sunday I ventured out to the Universal Orlando Resort for a chance to see the new holiday offerings at the two parks. This year is a little different thanks to COVID-19, but Universal has still man

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

The Simpson's area looks more amazing every time there's a new update! I'll definitely be visiting when it's all open, and will be trying a ton of food!

The Simpson's area looks more amazing every time there's a new update! I'll definitely be visiting when it's all open, and will be trying a ton of food!

I'm intrigued by the Carne Asada Tacos at Bumblebeeman's Taco Truck.

I'm intrigued by the Carne Asada Tacos at Bumblebeeman's Taco Truck.

Funny you said that. When I read the sign to my wife, I was informed that I would get her one of those next year when we go to US.

https://www.universalorlando.com/landing/harry-potter-celebration.aspx?__source=A000008819.000000693&IndivKey=949375

hdr_CoHP_Jan24_tcm13-36882.thumb.jpg.008bba46cbaee6e4f36e6fb1ead22ec7.jpg

Come and celebrate all of Harry’s adventures at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. From interactive experiences to a private evening reception and more, this exciting event will be three days of unforgettable fun for all ages, set against the backdrop of two amazing theme parks.

• Q&A sessions with the cast members and filmmakers
  • A wand masterclass hosted by choreographer Paul Harris, duelling instructor for the feature films
  • Opportunities to explore Hogwarts™ castle, and shop and dine in Hogsmeade™ at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
  • An exciting Harry Potter™ Film Tribute with select cast members and filmmakers
  • Thrilling rides, including:
    • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
    • Dragon Challenge™

VACATION PACKAGES

LIMITED QUANTITY - WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY!

Starting from $395*

SALES START AUGUST 22, 2013

AT 12:00 NOON, EST

VACATION PACKAGES INCLUDE:

• 3-night hotel accommodations
  • 3-day park-to-park ticket^ to both theme parks per day
  • Entry to a Private Evening Event held in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, (includes one free Butterbeer™ and light desserts) (Saturday)
  • Reserved area for the Harry Potter™ Film Tribute (Friday)
  • Reserved area for the Q&A sessions (Saturday & Sunday)
  • Reserved area for a wand masterclass with Paul Harris
  • Early Park Admission◊ to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - one hour before the park opens
  • Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks™ - one per person
  • CityWalk Party PassSM^^

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS

Save $20 or more off the front gate price

MULTI-DAY PARK-TO-PARK

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

PARK-TO-PARK TICKET ALLOWS ACCESS TO:

• Harry Potter™ Film Tribute (Friday)
  • A wand masterclass with Paul Harris (first come, first served)
  • Q&A sessions (Saturday & Sunday; first come, first served)
  • BOTH Universal Studios Florida® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure® theme parks
  • A Celebration of Harry Potter™ takes place at both Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal Studios® theme parks. Admission is included with any park-to-park ticket or Annual Pass.

I don't see why they didn't wait 'til Phase Two is open to have this event, but whatever. It'll still draw in a bunch of fans.

It is actually really smart.... Attract a ton of people during what is normally a slower part of the season. Than get them really excited about the brand and the new expansion so they will want to return when it opens.

I don't see why they didn't wait 'til Phase Two is open to have this event, but whatever. It'll still draw in a bunch of fans.

It is actually really smart.... Attract a ton of people during what is normally a slower part of the season. Than get them really excited about the brand and the new expansion so they will want to return when it opens.

^Exactly. It is brilliant. I wasn't planning on returning until after the expansion is done but this is almost enough to sway me. My daughter would absolutely love it.

Yes, but would a huge Potter fan in college or whatnot be able to afford to fly down for an event in January then return for the second phase opening in June?

Orlando trips are expensive, and most people can only afford to go down every other year or so, normally even less. Two trips in a year sounds like it would be hard for even the biggest Potter fan to accomplish.

Yes, but would a huge Potter fan in college or whatnot be able to afford to fly down for an event in January then return for the second phase opening in June?

Orlando trips are expensive, and most people can only afford to go down every other year or so, normally even less. Two trips in a year sounds like it would be hard for even the biggest Potter fan to accomplish.

I see a lot of the same people go on TPR coaster trips year after year. If you want to do something you will find a way.

I don't see why they didn't wait 'til Phase Two is open to have this event, but whatever. It'll still draw in a bunch of fans and their money.

Fixed.

I just got back from 2 days there. 1st day I forgot to go on Transformers! I did the 2nd day the wait was very long & had broken down the first time I tried to ride it. Went back to it later it was up & running again but however just after I finished the whole ride & my car was right before the exit it broke down. Only was stuck for about 10 min. An attendant came by to open the car but after getting off they gave everyone a free Universal Express pass. Rockit was closed the whole time I was there. It was testing late Friday afternoon. I was looking forward to Rockit again because last year I went on it 3 times. That was my first time on it last year. Hulk wow what a coaster high up on my list of favorites I rode it at least 6 times. Dudley Do Right I love that log ride so fun. It had actually started pouring rain when my log entered the outside parts. Dudley Do Right & Splash Mountain are my favorite log flumes. I enjoy Despicable Me what a great ride however the wait was like 90 min both days. I had the one use Express Pass so that came in handy. I did not go on Harry Potter this time. Didn't feel up to the rocking/tilting. I did go on it last year though. Rode the Dragon Challenge both sides. Jurassic Park love it. I always request the front for Jurassic Park, Dudley, & Splash. You get just drenched in the front row on Jurassic Park & Dudley. But the WDW Splash in the front just a light spray. Disaster is a great show. I am so glad they didn't get rid of the tram part from Earthquake. & ET what a classic one of my favorites. That classic has to stay I hope they never get rid of it. & The Revenge Of The Mummy is super short but it's still good.

You know nothing of fandom.