TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 602: Universal Holidays & Velocicoaster photo report posted!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how they build a roller coaster in the same time it took them to built new lockers for Harry Potter.   

On Sunday I ventured out to the Universal Orlando Resort for a chance to see the new holiday offerings at the two parks. This year is a little different thanks to COVID-19, but Universal has still man

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

The trailer for the rebooted Evil Dead was horrifying...I don't think I can bring myself to watch the movie. Should make an amazing maze though...just hope there's an Ash cameo!

^^Do we have an HHN thread for this year yet?

This was a flier that apparently came with the DVD...confirming the maze for both coasts.

This was a flier that apparently came with the DVD...confirming the maze for both coasts.

I somehow missed where it said Universal Studios Orlando.

I would assume with both Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods in the same event, the Cabin in the Woods house will concentrate more on the facility scenes rather than the cabin scenes.

http://www.eviltakesroot.com/?p=40

I’ve decided I will need to disconnect my home phone when I open this file on my computer. Obviously whoever is monitoring my moves online will know, but at least they cannot harass me in my house.

Some of you are asking why I don’t open up the blog for comments and this is precisely the reason – you do not want to draw their attention because they may start to focus on you too.

Back to the issue at hand, the bloody photographs look like pictures of hand-drawn sketches. Will explain in more detail in next post…PS

I somehow missed where it said Universal Studios Orlando.

I would assume with both Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods in the same event, the Cabin in the Woods house will concentrate more on the facility scenes rather than the cabin scenes.

Or maybe this year's theme is "Scary Cabins".

Or maybe this year's theme is "Scary Cabins".

Well, let's hope they skip "Dreamcatcher."

The trailer for the rebooted Evil Dead was horrifying...I don't think I can bring myself to watch the movie. Should make an amazing maze though...just hope there's an Ash cameo!

HIs voice made a cameo in the remake.

^And he'd better say one of the following:

1) "Listen up, you prehistoric screw heads!"

2) "We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw! Does that sound 'fine'?"

3) "Swallow this!"

Do you guys like the idea of putting both of the mazes in the same soundstage, or should they be placed as far apart as possible?

Also, I'm having a little trouble thinking of iconic locations from CITW that they would want in a maze. I'm assuming the scene with all of the glass cages (done with mirrors), and probably a hallway with elevators lining each wall with monsters popping out when the doors open, but apart from that it's a fairly standard cabin and an office building.

EDIT: Forgot about the scene with the two-way mirror, and the ending inside of the temple-ish room.

I would imagine the Cabin will be the entrance facade...they can probably do something with the cellar and a wooded area with the hick family. Maybe even take you around the world to all the various sacrifice rituals. Lots of possibilities.

^^I honestly don't think it would matter to the general guests. Half of the guests don't even understand why the houses that share a soundstage or tent have exits that merge into one collective exit and the amount of dumbfounded guests that ask "why didn't we come out of that exit?" is evidence to the fact.

I'd say half the house would be cabin/woods scenes and then the 2nd half will be in the facility. They have already confirmed the last scene of the house will be something similar to the purge scene with a crapload of monsters everywhere.

My prediction for the next house to be revealed will be that it will also have Evil in the name.

I've heard people say they aren't announcing anything at SDCC, but why wouldn't they announce The Walking Dead Part 2 there this year? They've got a TWD panel with all of the stars, would make sense to me.

Rocky Horror is back? Maybe I will finally get to see what all the fluff is about.

Also, I am pleased to announce that I have been hired at Universal, and will be an attendant at the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit!

For anyone that enjoys looking behind the curtain.. Here are a few photos of how the Transformers meet and greet characters were created and how they are operated.. source- http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/07/making-wireds-comic-con-robot/?viewall=true

Edited to say that Legacy Effects/Stan Winston school are not the confirmed creators of the Transformers walk around characters, but Conde Nest publishing decided to have them construct this VERY similar robot a month after Transformers opened. I'll let you decide. Either way, kind of cool to get a backstage look at something like this. Check out the link if you haven't seen this mech in action yet.

316365277_ScreenShot2013-07-22at2_27_15PM.thumb.png.692042b76305f8d84dc924b487a37744.png

1215841805_ScreenShot2013-07-22at2_27_27PM.thumb.png.f839d17e587d2ac0be5d08d891f4525c.png

149623017_ScreenShot2013-07-22at2_28_18PM.thumb.png.aa78956f51fe4ab9dab13625ee8dc334.png

1422933510_ScreenShot2013-07-22at2_28_38PM.thumb.png.a10f374c86e91481d00ee10f1c52c6fa.png

I took a trip around Universal on Friday and took some pics. These are linked from my blog. If you want to see all my recent pics check out allaroundorlando.blogspot.com

If links aren't allowed please delete the link Mods.

Bumblebee Man Tack Truck

New sign above Duff Gardens

New view when walking into Springfield

Spinner was testing again

Full queue for Transformers

Potter 2.0 near where Fear Factor is

Time to head out....

Edited by themeparkguy27