TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

Does it make sense to have Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster both at Walt Disney World?

Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom?

I'm not sure why people keep questioning the idea of having two kick-ass dark rides based on the same technology in one resort. Like having more than one of something is a bad thing...

I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right?

As I said earlier, I'm not a Transformers fan, but any ride using the "Spidey system" works for me.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

Sorry that I didn't have much time to read the whole report, but what did this ride take place of?

The old Soundstage 44. It was going to be used for HHN, but Transformers was decided upon instead and they've been rapidly building this thing like crazy.

I love that there building Transformers. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I know they are far from Harry Potter part 2 opening but I kind of wish they would of just gave some details on it as well tonight. Who knows if that would of had people talking about them for a while since its been all Disney lately.

So does USF set the record for most 3D attractions in one park,T2, Shrek, Despicable Me, Transformers and possibly The Gringotts coaster if the rumors turn out true.

From what I've seen online, Transformers has less practical sets and feels more like a motion simulator than Spider-Man. Am I correct?

Loved Spider Man and really looking forward to this. I'm a huge transformers fan but I'm not at all a fan of the Michael Bay movies, which really doesn't matter. Universal has such a great ability to take something with lasting recognition and make fantastic attractions out of them.

Now that I think about it, I wasn't a fan of most of the movies that Universal bases their attractions on but I've been a huge fan of the attractions themselves.

So does USF set the record for most 3D attractions in one park,T2, Shrek, Despicable Me, Transformers and possibly The Gringotts coaster if the rumors turn out true.

From what I've seen online, Transformers has less practical sets and feels more like a motion simulator than Spider-Man. Am I correct?

I believe that there are more screens in Transformers, but you still go through practical sets. Some of them are not quite as detailed as Spider-Man, but they still do stand out.

I agree with those who have talked about how this ride is more of a 'motion simulator'. I can ride Spiderman without a problem, but motion simulators and Transformers both made me a bit nauseous. It's a lot of screens and a lot of Michael Bay action!

I agree with those who have talked about how this ride is more of a 'motion simulator'. I can ride Spiderman without a problem, but motion simulators and Transformers both made me a bit nauseous. It's a lot of screens and a lot of Michael Bay action!

Yeah, the screens are quite relentless. One right after another with very little break between the two.

Good move for the park. It's a higher capacity ride (1800-1900pph) with a low height requirement based on a very popular franchise. Perfect way to bridge the gap until Harry Potter 2.0

Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

If you think Spiderman sucks, then I can't imagine you'll like the Transformers ride much, either. At least for the Hollywood version, I was a little bummed as it wasn't as "intense" of a ride as Spiderman, in terms of the spinning and the unique motion feeling these rides give you. On top of that it's mostly JUST screens and maybe a piece of a set here or there. If you're purely looking for action sequences (which Spiderman totally has), I guess you might like what the screens have to offer....

I know it's my opinion, but the Spiderman rides story, visuals, fun, and thrill surpasses Transformers.

BUT TRANSFORMERS IS A GOOD RIDE, don't get me wrong.