TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 602: Universal Holidays & Velocicoaster photo report posted!

heh, just noticed in the rubble you can see part of the old doors that used to be the entrance to the queue. Take a look...

jaws7a.jpg.cddd5d711a5e737a6bca7659755579e7.jpgThat piece used to be here....

jaws_72a.jpg.b17985da4e6f7390f2b2bf741e3bde10.jpg

As the part that says "Dauntless Boatworks"

Doesn't look like they spared anything! Oh, well.....

Edited by robbalvey
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how they build a roller coaster in the same time it took them to built new lockers for Harry Potter.   

On Sunday I ventured out to the Universal Orlando Resort for a chance to see the new holiday offerings at the two parks. This year is a little different thanks to COVID-19, but Universal has still man

^Agreed. I think the newer Intamin lapbars are actually the best steel coaster restraint currently being produced. When comparing overhead lapbars on Taron and Blue Fire, I found the Intamin ones to b

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to playing at the new mini-golf course, too--it looks great.

Poor, poor Jaws . . . but c'est la vie.

They are also going to implode this tent.

By implode, do you mean fold up and move across the park?

No, I mean like dynamite, explosions, and bunny rabbits! It will be a spectacle of insane proportions! Tickets go on sale Tuesday.

No, I mean like dynamite, explosions, and bunny rabbits! It will be a spectacle of insane proportions! Tickets go on sale Tuesday.

Well in that case, maybe it will be replaced with fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Will you guys provide the B-roll for the Tent Implosion media day?

Well in that case, maybe it will be replaced with fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

...and they will also be dynamited in a fluffy gooey explosion of awesomeness! Sad to see Jaws like that, but the mini golf looks great.

I was fortunate enough to check out the updated BMG show (thanks to the awesome Student Discount, $35 tickets) and it was fantastic. I had seen the old show several times...and I loved all the updates. I was just not as overwhelmed with the show in its entirety. I feel they pushed the inside jokes and didn't really explain...although I could be a little biased for the fully covered TP ending and the original animation section were super impressive and way deeper. I was fortunate to see the original show around 5 or 6 times, and I have seen a few of the touring shows. The updates were absolutely necessary and the ending was very impressive...I just am partial to the original...but again it's because of first time experiences. I still love the show...I just wish they had kept more of the old aspects in more then just a reference. Just one mans opinion Don't worry, I don't think I'm right and I know everybody enjoys different. things.

^Yeah, why would you want your minj-golf course open during the time at which people are unlikely to play? Maybe it's some kind of "soft opening"?

EDIT: So, it's actually 2:00 am.

Edited by cfc

The pics on Screamscape make this mini golf an absolute after dark only affair. The pictures are absolutely amazing. Looks like they truly have made a next gen golf course. Especially if there are a lot of sensors triggering effects like they hint.

-RO

Thanks for the info, those hours seem a bit more realistic!

I've dared the Disney 24 hour group to head from MK at 6am out to Universal Golf at 8am...we'll see if they go for it, or if they die instead!

Thanks for the info, those hours seem a bit more realistic!

I've dared the Disney 24 hour group to head from MK at 6am out to Universal Golf at 8am...we'll see if they go for it, or if they die instead!

This is just the best idea ever.