TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Update from the Universal Orlando FB page
Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure did catch fire tonight. Because of our team members' quick response, our guests were kept safe. We will keep you posted on when the ride will reopen.

Well, at least it was confirmed that part of the ride did catch fire. There were some reports saying it was a "building next to the ride", etc, but I think we all could tell from those photos it looked like the actual ride, or one of the ride buildings.

I do hope the damage wasn't too bad and they can get it open quickly. I do really like the ride!

--Robb

I learned the news from my cousin who posted it on her facebook then came here to see if it was picked up. and wouldn't you know know it here it is.

Personally I take the blame on my cousin. She's known for having disaster follow her and her family whenever they take a vacation. last time they went to New Orleans and Katrina Happened. Now I see on her facebook status that just a few hours prior to riding Rip Saw Falls the fire erupted!!!

this is something my cousins and I have a little inside joke about her but its just a huge coincidence that this could happen. not to mention right after her leaving New York after a couple of Days BAM 9/11 happens.

^Was that supposed to be funny?

More like stating a huge coincidence because it was true with all the occurrences I have posted, Katrina, 9/11 all happened just after my cousin was there.

And this is relevant or interesting...how? No need to reply, just...think about it.

Anyway, hope the damage to the ride was minimal, and good to hear that everyone was okay.

^Was that supposed to be funny?

More like stating a huge coincidence because it was true with all the occurrences I have posted, Katrina, 9/11 all happened just after my cousin was there.

And this is relevant or interesting...how? No need to reply, just...think about it.

Anyway, hope the damage to the ride was minimal, and good to hear that everyone was okay.

Ace of Spades - No need to get on the poster's case for stating a coincidence, KaiRubix was not out of line as his original post was relevant to the thread.

I really enjoyed this ride when I visited IOA.

All that really matters is that the crew safely evacuated everyone, an nobody was injured.

This is one of those 'Freak' occurences where the employees of the park have to Step Up and follow emergency procedures to the letter. Obviously that happened, so that's great for Universal! (Often during some type of accident/emergency, you hear how the crew 'panicked' and didn't act correctly) That didn't happen here. The crew must have done their job and got everyone off the ride safely.

I'm sure Universal will reopen this attraction as soon as it's possible.

Well, this doesn't sound so good.

http://www.blooloop.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=14205

Universal fire: Damage so extensive investigators unable to determine cause

Fire damage to a Universal Orlando attraction is so extensive that arson investigators are unable to determine the cause of the blaze, authorities said this afternoon.

But the Orlando Fire Department nonetheless said the fire, which erupted Saturday afternoon in the roof of Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, "appears to be accidental."

The investigation is still active.

Universal has said that Ripsaw Falls will remain closed several weeks while it repairs the attraction and performs other seasonal maintenance. The fire, which produced thick, black smoke that could be soon all around Islands of Adventure, forced the resort to briefly close all of Toon Lagoon, one of six themed "islands" that make up the theme park.