TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

^ It will happen more than plenty I am sure. I kind of hope Vegas puts a line on it.

I dont know if the GP are even smart enough to even think about the Harry Potter theme park thing thing.

It really isn't fair to call the "GP" dumb over something like this. They are just going off of what they are fed by the media. They don't follow this stuff like you, or anyone else on this site. Saying the "GP" is not smart enough is like saying I am dumb because I don't understand calculus (I took calculus in high school my senior year, and believe me, I didn't take any time to learn it).

I can't even count how many people I've corrected when it comes to the "theme park" versus "land" stuff. I'm just glad I don't work customer service at IOA when this place opens. I'm sure they're going to hear a ton of complaints about falsely advertising it as a new "theme park" or some crap.

Never give the GP any credit; they are for the most part as dense as you can possibly imagine.

I can't even count how many people I've corrected when it comes to the "theme park" versus "land" stuff. I'm just glad I don't work customer service at IOA when this place opens. I'm sure they're going to hear a ton of complaints about falsely advertising it as a new "theme park" or some crap.

Never give the GP any credit; they are for the most part as dense as you can possibly imagine.

Believe me, I work with people every day of the week. I helped start an organization that is designed to do good things, and has been doing good things for over a year now. We were very upbeat and passionate about it when it first started, but it feels like we have gone through 12 round with Mike Tyson at this point. Why? Because of people who are total idiots. They are people that say things about the organization that are totally false, and other people (idiots) believe them. Then, small media outlets start to post stuff, and then there I am left to try to control the mess. Believe me, I am not giving the "GP" any credit at this point. If anything I have lowered my standard in terms of the majority, and I guess that is why it may have seemed like I was giving credit where credit really isn't due. I just have a really low standard at this point, and I'm not really surprised by anything, at all, ever.

I don't think so....it would be difficult to let in the harry area only a part of guests...

^^ Shoot, that part's easy. You just hand eligible guests a voucher when they check in that they must present when they arrive at IOA. Either they present it at the Hogsmeade gate or they put together a secondary gate for Harry Potter Package guests. Not difficult in the least. I'd expect nothing but the shops to be open, though (excluding Dragon Challenge, of course).

Looks like there will be a T.V. special on NBC on the Making of TWWOHP.

https://www.nbcumv.com/mv/#1274992073430 Type "Harry Potter" in the search box to get the below press release.

"May 24, 2010

NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE - SUNDAY JUNE 6, 2010 - SATURDAY JUNE 12, 2010

NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE - Sunday June 6, 2010 - Saturday June 12, 2010"NBC SPECIALS""THE MAKING OF THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER"06/06/2010 (07:00PM - 07:30PM) (Sunday) : 'THE MAKING OF THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER' AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT REVEALED IN NEW NBC SPECIAL -- Harry Potter enthusiasts get a special inside look at the making of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" at Universal Orlando Resort -- grand opening June 18 -- inspired by J.K. Rowling’s compelling stories and characters. Viewers will tour the immersive new land, explore the majestic corridors inside Hogwarts castle and wander the cobbled streets of Hogsmeade. Fans will also be treated to exclusive cast commentary and a sneak peek at the authentic detail woven through the entire environment, as well as the ground-breaking technology that will forever change the theme park attraction experience."

Sorry if this has been explained in the past pages of posts. I understand that the queue travels through the castle and the greenhouse. Is there an overflow queue outside (like for Spiderman) for when it gets crazy busy? Or is the entire line inside?

I think you're all over-estimating how much of a problem this is going to be.

I don't really think so. I think this could be a nightmare for Customer Relations.

I'd be willing to bet that the ride itself having downtime is going to be a much bigger "nightmare" than people confusing the new land as a theme park.

People are dumb...but not nearly as dumb when it comes to spending their money. You aren't giving enough credit to the majority of guests who spend years researching/planning their big orlando trip. Or taking into account that even if people do get confused/upset, the majority probably won't care after they realize that their kid is still happy.

There will most definitely be people who do try to complain about it, but I really don't believe it is going to be as bad as everyone thinks.