TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

^The address you put in has to match the credit card holders address on record or the transaction will be declined is how it normally happens.

It sounds like I'll definitely check this out next year. Some questions:

*The RIP tour gets you front fo line all night once you are done with the tour guide, as opposed to the front of line which only gives you 1 go at each thing?

*Does staying on site at Universal get you unlimited Front of Line access to rides during the day at IOA and USO, do you just have to show your room key or something?

*The RIP tour gets you front fo line all night once you are done with the tour guide, as opposed to the front of line which only gives you 1 go at each thing?

It gets you actual front of line entrance as opposed to Express which significantly reduces wait time (could still be 20 mins or so). After the tour you have express to attractions.

*Does staying on site at Universal get you unlimited Front of Line access to rides during the day at IOA and USO, do you just have to show your room key or something?

Correct, its an unlimited express pass for selected rides.

I have a question that may have been addressed before.

I'm flying down for the Horror Nights tomorrow and am going to buy tickets online pretending I'm a FL resident. The savings are too big to not try.

So my question is, how will they know I'm not a FL resident if I buy the tix online? A good friend of mine lives down there and I can use his address for the online purchase. I guess if they check my ID at the gate I can just say I moved down there a few weeks ago and haven't had time to change it?

Is this too much trouble to save $60 (2 tix worth)?

Thanks for your help

try usign the coke discount and print tickets at home. you can use that ticket at the gate instead

I would probably just pay the full price and not tell lies.

If they do check your I.D you're gonna be paying for those unusable tickets and then the appropriate tickets for your entry.

The event is very worth the price.

Also, your ticket will get you in wed, thurs, fri and saturday this week as Frequent Fear Pass has been extented for the whole week, thats like $20 a night, blimey!

Tonight I went back to Halloween Horror Nights to briefly check out the new scarezone set up in Sting Alley. Today was the first day of this test zone, with Michael Roddy and other Horror Nights creative team members present during its initial hours. The zone itself was quite interesting as it utilized several previous icons, as well as some scareactors from previous years. As small as it was, the scarezone was impressive and exciting, considering that the content of the zone may be a hint at what we could be seeing for Halloween Horror Nights 20 next year.

Of the notable characters I could recognize were Jack Schmidt, Albert Caine, Cindy Caine, the Pumpkinhead from last year's American Gothic and the Usher himself. Heard overhead in the audio loop were segments of audio describing "Coming Attractions" from the voice of the Usher. Clips from Jigsaw, Chucky and the Usher were heard in the loop, but I'm pretty sure that the audio is borrowed from this year's existing track set.

I do apologize for the quality of the photos, as they were taken on my phone, but hopefully these give a basic idea of what the scarezone has to offer. Mind you, the zone itself was quite small, so the few characters pictured were really what you got from the experience. I will likely be going back on Saturday to grab a few more photos, so hopefully I'll come back with some better shots later this week.

1028092017a.jpg.59683d742f0c5ba06540f5bae0d7ddf4.jpg

Albert and Cindy Caine made a surprise visit to Sting Alley. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see them either...

1028092017.jpg.9f8242751e17000e61e4958b1c6e6509.jpg

Let's not forget about this year's icon, The Usher. Maybe he'll be back next year. I always thought he and the Director would make a good team...

1028092016a.jpg.c19c598a62482495c55370c443686195.jpg

For the few photos I took, Jack was able to pose for the majority of them.

1028092016.jpg.cd736865ff1d862408fb981d91721ffe.jpg

I truly missed seeing Jack after the Carnival of Carnage ended.

1028092015.jpg.c2e01fa1582405313f8e0d12cd0c2fab.jpg

My favorite icon tries to rub my back for real...

1028092014a.jpg.59f5894db74e83e699804cf509217479.jpg

And you thought you knew Jack.

1028092014.jpg.3a33825f65387b07528875f3937201b6.jpg

Guess who's back?

Aw, I wish I could've gone with that scarezone there D:

I hope it's not a rehash year like Sweet 16 either.

I believe 20 should be an all-out experience. Classic HHN icons used in new houses, a new disturbing icon, AMAZING houses, AMAZING scarezones, the works.

That'd be fantastic.

Also, the opening gate needs to be decked out with creepy images and music. I love it when I get that creepy atmosphere even before I walk into the park. I hope they don't do a lame carnival theme like at HHN 17. I felt more like "Wow, this is supposed to set the mood with Jason and all them?" as I walked through the gate at that event with the cheesy carnival crap.

I'm at hhn right now and I have to say the "new" scarezone is more popular than the houses right now! I was interview about what I liked and the general questions. I was stoked to see SINdy and her dad. She has such a child like personality yet so sinister lol...I took some pictures will post when I get home!

We went again to HHN tonight and really enjoyed the new "scare zone". I put the scare zone in quotes because it was more of a "shuffle through a large crowd in tight quarters" zone. It really was more of a tease of the various characters they could use next year - but the ambiance was perfectly done and the lighting and fog really made it.

For those of you in the area with Frequent Fear Passes they also announced that they will be good this Friday and Saturday as a bonus!

I certainly hope Sting Alley is used as a real scarezone next year. Sting Alley during HHN with no scareactors is scarier than the past three year's scarezones combined. I loved when it was used for Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege.

I honestly don't think they could - it is WAY too tight when it gets even remotely busy.

So tonight we did something we had never done before - arrive at HHN at 12:30am! We decided to take advantage of the added frequent fear nights and pop in for a few minutes after work. It was DEAD. Everything had a 5 min wait except Saw which was 15-30. We walked through Leave it to Cleaver by ourselves which was actually really fun - every scare-actor gave us a tour of their room and talked to us... very surreal like we were actually touring the Meetz Meats factory! The crowds on a peak night are defiantly different... TONS more drinking and over the top behavior but still fun to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, has anyone been on Dueling Dragons this week?

I was riding it yesterday and noticed some fiberglass pieces sitting to the side of the lift hill. It appeared to be a red dragon head and a lot of yellow pieces stacked neatly in a row. ...Maybe wheel covers? Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures because you can only see them leaving the station on the Fire train. I'm guessing they are for the re-theme, but wanted to see if anyone else had some thoughts.

Just curious, has anyone been on Dueling Dragons this week?

I was riding it yesterday and noticed some fiberglass pieces sitting to the side of the lift hill. It appeared to be a red dragon head and a lot of yellow pieces stacked neatly in a row. ...Maybe wheel covers? Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures because you can only see them leaving the station on the Fire train. I'm guessing they are for the re-theme, but wanted to see if anyone else had some thoughts.

If you are talking about what I am thinking you are talking about they are wheel covers fro trains that are undergoing "maintenance" I have attached a photo, tell me if they are the same thing.

ANYWHO...I can not believe how large this project has become! Last time I looked at this it was just a little building, and now it has its own freaking castle! This project is coming along great!! I can not wait to see the finished product!!

~Matthew

36_536.thumb.jpg.ddd2761309e422aaf584090e64cdfc4f.jpg

Are these the things you saw?

^No. It was a full dragon head and yellow fiberglass pieces. They were completely yellow, no other colors. I actually went on again to make sure it wasn't the pieces from the current dragons, and it definitely wasn't.

Edit: The pieces I saw where in that general area though.

Resurrecting this thread because nothing's been added for a while, I'm headed to Universal in a couple of weeks, and the more recent news I've found elsewhere is Not Good. Frequent breakdowns, whole days when the ride's not up, single rider line often not open, and Universal not opening the ride till an hour after official park opening, resulting in insane queues even on slow days. I'll be doing a couple of days at USO/IOA, and have figured I'll at least get a couple of rides on HRRR. Should I expect a crapulous non-experience instead? Or have things gotten better lately?

Great behind the scenes video.

Video link.

J.K. Rowling Loves Butterbeer and More from Wizarding World of Harry Potter Sneak Peek

Posted by: Sue

November 20, 2009, 04:55 PM

It's not often that we get to see the creator of the wonderful world of Harry Potter enjoying a bit of magical fun, so we are delighted to report a fun tidbit today. The video of the sneak peek of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD is now online, and in this piece which you can see here, there is this glimpse of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling with her glass of Butterbeer. Cheers Jo!

In the video, we learn that Jo attended a special tasting of the butterbeer and "loved it," the same beverage which will be served at the theme park. Other new details include more on the fantastic Hogwarts Castle, where fans will be able to see the Defense Against the Dark Arts room, the Gryffindor Common Room and more. Rupert Grint also reveals the Whomping Willow and, alas, the giant spider are due to make an appearance, while Emma Watson confirms again they made a special film which is part of the ride which encompasses some of the best moments from each of the Harry Potter movies. We urge you to watch the full video for much more, and be sure to check out this of some plans and inside Hogwarts here, plus the earlier screencaps here in our galleries. Enjoy!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is set to open next Spring, with the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD due out here in the US on December 8th.

^ Thanks for the video! Apart from all the old attractions being referred to as new, it was a great video. After watching this I am actually fairly excited for this new land to open (I wasn't before as it didn't seem like there was much to do). HPatFJ queue seems like it will give the old Dueling Dragon's queue a run for its money!