TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Is it recommended that we get express passes considering that I am going on a peek night, or do you think that we could hit the houses and see at least Bill and Ted?

Yes, but be prepare for sticker shock; Saturdays from here on out cost $75 each for Express Passes.

idk anymore just buy express passes just in case. i work at hhn and went thurs on my day off and most of the houses late at over an hr with saw topping out at 90mins. Where tonight frankenstein and dracula we had walk-ons by 1230. They do offer late passes like if we close at 2 after 11 express pass.

I took my first two rides on HRRR this past week and I too found it a enjoyable ride. The vertical lift was new for me as that was my first and the non inverting loop was quite fun. My frst selection was "Give me all your Lovin" by ZZ Top and my second ride I chose "You Can't Touch This" by Mc Hammer. I also took a off ride POV which took me about an two hours to get all the shots many of which were cut. Here's the video

idk anymore just buy express passes just in case. i work at hhn and went thurs on my day off and most of the houses late at over an hr with saw topping out at 90mins. Where tonight frankenstein and dracula we had walk-ons by 1230. They do offer late passes like if we close at 2 after 11 express pass.

That's good to know. I've heard that Frankenstein and Dracula are two of the best houses, so I'm glad to hear that. I'm going on a Friday however, things could be different...

Saw will almost definitely be a huge line all night long, so I know where I'm headed as soon as the park opens.

I'm so excited. I just bought my tickets today, so now I know for sure 100% that I get to go to HHN for the first time ever!

I'll be going to IOA before HHN starts on October 23rd.

Does anyone know if Dueling Dragons will still be open then?

(Or will it be closed for Harry Potter construction?)

New app for the iPhone!

Now available, The Pocket RockIt Rollercoaster Setlist is the ultimate tool for waiting in line at Universal Studio Orlando's hottest new attraction, the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit! This is Orlando's newest heart pounding, extreme coaster experience that turns the thrills up to 11 by letting you the rider choose your own soundtrack for the ultimate ride. You get to pick from a standard list of 30 of the hottest songs from 5 genres of music. But.... there's more. The geniuses who brought this monster to life hid inside it's brains some secret song tracks that are only accessible through a hidden menu. Our application shows you how to access these bonus tracks with simple, easy to follow instructions. You can browse the extended song list by title, artist, genre. You can add them to your own favorites list, and rank them. When you sync with our server, you'll see how others have ranked songs. You can even submit new songs if you discover them. It's all available now on the App Store.

you can check it out here: http://www.pocketrockitsetlist.com/

^You know, I just had that thought last night!

Both HRRRRRRRRRRR and CS have the same general shape of their layouts, and have about 50 block sections + On-board audio. Of course being a Screamin' fanboy who will never have enough money to make it back out to Orlando to try this for himself...I give the nod to Screamin

I am planning on going next Thursday the 22nd. Do you guys recommend getting express passes even on a Thursday? I'd figure it would be really packed Friday/Saturday, but maybe thursday will be ok?

^ We were there on a Thursday last night and it was *PACKED*

Most of the mazes looked like this:

And 45 minutes was the SHORTEST wait time we saw posted last night. I think the Saw maze and Chucky were 75 minutes most of the night.

--Robb "Yes...GET EXPRESS PASSES!!!" Alvey

Yeah, I heard that last night was extremely packed for some weird reason.

I was originally planning on going on a thursday to avoid the longer lines, but I realized that the extra 2 hours on friday more than makes up for it.

Express passes are $70. ON TOP OF ADMISSION. Absolutely not worth it, for me at least.

Assuming you are paying regular non-FL resident prices (I'm paying $50 with the coke discount). That is $140 per person for a 7 1/2 hour event.

RUN to Saw first thing, then Chucky, then everything else in the order of what is is most important to you first. You should be able to do everything in one night.

Some say that it is worth the $70 to be able to experience everything, but I'd rather miss a house or two and save $70.

You can sign up to recieve the wait times for the night via text every half hour.

Just text TONIGHT to 64646

I'm trying it out tonight just for fun.

I've been making a spreadsheet with the wait times, and there are some interesting patterns that make it pretty obvious what should be done first.

Saw started at 10 minutes, by 8:00 it was 60 minutes, by 8:30 it was 90 minutes and it has not gone down at all.

Chucky was 60 minutes and 75 minutes a lot, and was even 90 at one time.

The other houses average around 30 minutes. Silver Screams has had the lowest wait times, which is odd, since it is the Icon house.

I'll post the entire spreadsheet at the end of the night once I get all of the wait times. Once midnight hit, the lines all went down to mostly 20 minutes (except Saw, which is still 90).

When I post my photo TR in a week, should it go in it's own thread, or right in this thread?

I was originally planning on going on a thursday to avoid the longer lines, but I realized that the extra 2 hours on friday more than makes up for it.

While this usually wouldn't be true at all, the non-peak nights have been strangely busy this year. I've heard that the peak nights have actually been less crowded, if you can believe it. I can only imagine why.

The last Thursday night was packed because most schools are let out on that friday in central florida... it's a teachers day, so all the kids have the day off every year. HHN and HOS expected it, the express passes were the same price as friday or saturday night ones this thursday.