TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Something interesting I noticed the other day... Universal doesn't want the ad reposted so of course I will honor their wishes.

In said ad, part of it mentioned that you will soar over Hogwarts. This was said along with things like shoot aliens in MIB, swing on rooftops with Spidey, etc. In other words, the key focus of each major rides.

I can't wait to soar over Hogwarts, and I don't care if it's in a car or on a broom.

Something interesting I noticed the other day... Universal doesn't want the ad reposted so of course I will honor their wishes.

In said ad, part of it mentioned that you will soar over Hogwarts. This was said along with things like shoot aliens in MIB, swing on rooftops with Spidey, etc. In other words, the key focus of each major rides.

I can't wait to soar over Hogwarts, and I don't care if it's in a car or on a broom.

Hey. First time post on this thread. Im about 2 hours from orlando, and a big potter fan as well.

In your response to the "soar over Hogwarts" statement you made: I luckily enough ran into the VP of Universal Engineering (long story how that happened, lol, it was like a million to one chance) about 6 months ago. He said regarding the dark ride in the castle that it would combine the floor movements of the spider-man ride and the flying feeling you get from the "Soarin' " ride at Disney. And he also said that spider-man would have nothing on this ride. He said the ride would be like taking a trip though the entire world of harry potter. So, i don't think there will be an actual outside ride at TWWOHP, but i think it will be moreso the sensation/visual aspect you will get when riding the HP ride.

Anyways, thought i'd share that.

He said the ride would be like taking a trip though the entire world of harry potter. So, i don't think there will be an actual outside ride at TWWOHP, but i think it will be moreso the sensation/visual aspect you will get when riding the HP ride.

The dark ride is indoors, but there will be outdoor rides in TWWOHP, such as the rethemed Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn.

Hey. First time post on this thread. Im about 2 hours from orlando, and a big potter fan as well.

In your response to the "soar over Hogwarts" statement you made: I luckily enough ran into the VP of Universal Engineering (long story how that happened, lol, it was like a million to one chance) about 6 months ago. He said regarding the dark ride in the castle that it would combine the floor movements of the spider-man ride and the flying feeling you get from the "Soarin' " ride at Disney. And he also said that spider-man would have nothing on this ride. He said the ride would be like taking a trip though the entire world of harry potter. So, i don't think there will be an actual outside ride at TWWOHP, but i think it will be moreso the sensation/visual aspect you will get when riding the HP ride.

I suppose I wasn't clear enough, but I thought that the ride in the box will involve some sort of an approximation of flying over Hogwarts in video or model form. What you said makes perfect sense though, I'm sure the flying sections will be on Soarin' style curved screens, in fact, we already have pictures of them...

I bet the transitions between screens will happen like Spiderman where your vehicle gets whipped around from screen to screen, maybe even flipped between screens. Awesome.

It's great that you got to meet the VP of engineering, that must have been an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing.

This video was posted on Screamscape which clearly shows that some of the trains are definitely running better than others. Just turn up your speakers and listen to the difference between the first and second trains:

I am coming in from out of town for a weekend to go to HHN. I was wondering about how many people they let in on Saturdays. It will probably be the only day that I can attend. I am wondering if it is worth it to go or if I will be stuck in super long lines and only be able to hit a few attractions. I looked into the Express Pass but it is a bit out of my price range. Any ideas?

From Screamscape:

#101 – Temples of Syrinx – Rush

#102 - Smithereens - Blues Before&After

#103 – Break On Through – The Doors

#104 – Crocodile Rock – Elton John

#105 - Do It Again - Steely Dan

#108 – 8 Miles High – The Byrds

#109 - Fantasy - Aldo Nova

#111 - Unknown Guitar Solo

#112 – Freebird – Skynyrd

#113 - Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

#114 - Just Because - Jane's Addiction

#115 - Live - Lenny Kravitz

#116 - Mexicola - Queens / Stone Age

#121 - Tom Petty-Runnin Down a Dream

#122 - Rolling Stones - Start Me Up

#123 – Stockholm Syndrom – Muse

#124 - Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

#127 – Urgent - Foreigner

#128 - Vertigo - U2

#129 - Wheel in the Sky - Journey

#130 - Won't Get Fooled Again-The Who

#131 – Klein Mandelbrot (edit) - aka: Blue Man Group: The Ride

#132 – Drumbone – Blue Man Group

#221 - BLANK

#301 – Float On – Modest Mouse

#302 - I Want You Back - Jackson Five

#303 - In My Pocket - Cat Empire

#304 - Still Rock ‘n Roll To Me - Billy Joel

#306 – Lose Yourself – Eminem

#307 - Ride Like The Wind - Christopher Cross

#308 - Run to You - Bryan Adams

#309 - Save Room - John Legend

#311 - Unknown R&D Track

#312 – My Everything – Barry White

#333 - BLANK

#508 – Pivot – Dry (local band)

#701 – Cyanide – Metallica

#702 - Unknown Metal Song

#703 - For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica

#704 - Forever Down-Black Label Society

#707 - Know your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine

#709 - Mouth For War - Pantera

#710 – Painkiller - Judas Priest

#711 - Paranoid - Black Sabbath

#713 - Wicker Man - Iron Maiden

#715 - Wake Up Dead - Megadeth

#718 - You've Got Another Thing Comin - Judas Priest

#724 - BLANK

#901 - Movin Right Along - Muppets

#902 - Rainbow Connection-Muppets

#904 - Night on Bald Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky

#911 - BLACK

#945 - BLANK

#999 - BLANK

??? - Unknown - AC/DC Track

??? – Channel Z – B-52’s

Looking at a newer video of the ride DVD, there seems to be more on-ride footage of the passengers as well as off-ride angles of the crowd surfer and the bottom of the non-inverting loop.

If I'd paid for an onride DVD and they presented me with this I'd want my money back - it should be an onride video not some long animation routine - most of which we could have acquired probably before the ride was even built. Thanks for posting will definitely want to ride on my next visit to Universal but I'll be giving the ride DVD a big miss.

^^ I agree with the fact that there should be more on ride footage, but you have to remember that this isn't supposed to be an on-ride video it's supposed to be a music video. The whole point of the attraction is that you, the rider, are starring in a new music video to the song of your choice. So, I think it accomplishes that fairly well but there definitely needs to be a lot more on-ride footage.