TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I haven't been following this thread as close as some of you, so I don't have a clue. But, when is this thing actually supposed to open? Because I was looking back at old teasers and they said Spring 09. I know it's had some delays, but isn't this kind of getting ridiculous?

I can not believe how long it has taken them to build this ride.

It has taken a while haha. And considering there is like no themeing compared to the other rides :lmao

Is it all the technology that causing the huge delay, or are all the construction workers just REALLY slow...?

II was looking back at old teasers and they said Spring 09. I know it's had some delays, but isn't this kind of getting ridiculous?

No, not at all. What would be more ridiculous would be if they opened it up before it was ready, with only one or two trains, missing effects, and a ride that was constantly having maintenance issues and breaking down.

I'd MUCH rather have the opening delayed and the coaster actually WORK when they do finally open it.

And as far as delays go (and I've already said this in this thread), look at rides like Test Track, Splash Mountain, Chiller, Mr. Freeze, Superman: The Escape, etc....

Those rides have much longer delays and today, many years ago, does it really matter? Does anyone really care?

Of course not. Be patient. The ride will open when it's READY!

There is absolutely *NO* positive side effect to rushing to get a half-baked ride open early.

--Robb

Plus, this thread, and ride, have been awesome to follow. I totally agree with Robb, that if they did rush this coaster, taken away some of the effects, it just wouldn't be as spectacular. I mean, what would we have done without the precious R!NGS???

^^^^^^^ You think your getting impatient. Try following this thread since the beginning lol.

Haha..I have been following this thread since the beginning. I truly hope this opens before August..its looking kinda slim though.

Oh well I figured by your new account you just saw this thread. My mistake. And yeah anything will do to take crowds away from my mummy.

They've already announced most of the houses, but I figure I'll go ahead and give you the full list anyway. Locations included.

SS 23 -- Frankenstein / Dracula

SS 22 -- The Wolfman

Jaws queue -- Saw

Disaster queue -- (Fangoria presents) Leave It to Cleaver

Tent 1 -- Chucky

Tent 2 -- (Fangoria presents) The Spawning

Parade -- Silver Screams

^^I was there yesterday, they had four trains going through continuous circuits all day. The crews were getting practice with full speed operations. The ride can handle five trains on the circuit together but one was MIA.Were getting closer everyday.

And what exactly is a test hour in relation to a normal hour? Is it some how compared to a board foot in some way? for that matter, what is the difference between a board foot and a regular foot? Of course then you have a mile vs. a green mile, or for that matter a bakers dozen as opposed to a regular dozen? Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I am so confused!

Meh! Just as long as it's open before HHN 2010.

^ The ride has to be tested for 100 hours. so everytime it takes a lap like for example if it takes 2 minutes to run through the track and back to the station that 2 minutes is counted toward a hour of testing, then it goes again and then its got 4 minutes and etc. basically its the overall time it takes for it to get 100 hours of running time.

Dude! You're awesome! Thanks a bunch for that info. Any brilliant insight on the board foot, and green mile conundrum? Cause my day is a standstill right now until I get that figured out. I'm cool with the bakers dozen issue as I really only care that I get more cupcakes when I go to the pastry shop because of it.

MOD EDIT by larrygator: Board Foot measurement relates to volume (incorporating the thickness of the wood). Square foot measurement relates to surface area. Use 1 inch wood and the number will be the same.

Guy, I know you are excited by RR&R and HHN but stay focused and on topic.