TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

My partner works at IOA and took a picture from his phone of the assembled (NOT installed) rings... from what I understood, the rings were on sight, but not put together... there were three pieces to each ring... and now the pieces are put together... and the completed rings are sitting in a backstage area waiting to be installed... that was yesterday afternoon he showed me... and me being completely computer illiterate, didn't know how to download those pictures... I will ask him when he gets home tonight to put the pictures here... so he predicts that those rings should very well be put on the lift hill very soon... we can only home... Sorry for the lack of pictures... maybe later...

My partner works at IOA and took a picture from his phone of the assembled (NOT installed) ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings... from what I understood, the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings were on sight, but not put together... there were three pieces to each ring... and now the pieces are put together... and the completed ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings are sitting in a backstage area waiting to be installed... that was yesterday afternoon he showed me... and me being completely computer illiterate, didn't know how to download those pictures... I will ask him when he gets home tonight to put the pictures here... so he predicts that those ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings should very well be put on the lift hill very soon... we can only home... Sorry for the lack of pictures... maybe later...

annoying

Okey doke... Just thought a little information from someone who actually works at the park might be a touch of insight... obviously not...

No, thank you for news on the r!ngs! Anything about the r!ngs is greatly appreciated! What kind of phone does he have? Someone here might know how to do it.

My partner works at IOA and took a picture from his phone of the assembled (NOT installed) ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings... from what I understood, the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings were on sight, but not put together... there were three pieces to each ring... and now the pieces are put together... and the completed ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings are sitting in a backstage area waiting to be installed... that was yesterday afternoon he showed me... and me being completely computer illiterate, didn't know how to download those pictures... I will ask him when he gets home tonight to put the pictures here... so he predicts that those ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings should very well be put on the lift hill very soon... we can only home... Sorry for the lack of pictures... maybe later...

annoying

Yes, you are.

[quote name="Mr. Starr

No' date=' thank you for news on the r!ngs! Anything about the r!ngs is greatly appreciated! What kind of phone does he have? Someone here might know how to do it.[/quote]

He has a "Razor" I think... (flat-ish Motorola flip phone from about two years ago)... but it won't help as he has the phone with him at work. And since he works "OnStage" he has to keep his phone off while working.. When he gets home later on, I'll see if he can help out in getting those photos here... Sorry, I probably should have waited to post my initial message until I had the photos... didn't mean to cause a stir with anybody... (going to bed now as I work graveyard... I'll be back later...)

Exactly what I have heard from people there.

Thanks! Can't wait for the pictures.

Update: The ride has been continuously running today. Somebody has also told me that a few people...not guests, though...were riding it today.

So someone snuck into Soundstage 23 and the Jaws queue and got a bunch of spoiler photos of the Dracula & Frankenstein houses, as well as Saw . I'm not posting them here, as I don't approve of that sort of thing, but you'll find them if you know where to look.

Sometimes I just stop getting updates from threads. That happened here, and I didn't think anything was going on. Guess I'm wrong. If anyone wants me to, I'll repost the pictures, I'm not sure why they went down because they worked after I had them up for a while.

Anyhoo, great picture update at Orlando United. Scroll to the bottom to see the pictures.

Universal also released a poster for the new attraction which has a great view of how they plan to build the castle. You can pretty much see where the pieces from Nassal are going to fit on it.

Really cool to see more of the castle spires and facades. The village is more impressive looking with all the buildings going up. There is just some wonderful themeing and creativity going into this, and while I'm not a hug HP fan, I can't help but be impressed and excited. Meanwhile the true Potter fans will be beside themselves.

Good round of updates, particularly Orlando United, which sounds curiously like a football (ie Proper football/soccer) team.

However...we have some clues.

Apprently, dueling drongs is closing in august...for it's transformation.

But when you think about it, Universal is reporting as late as posible the closing of the coaster. They know it's a big attraction, so they close it only for real work on it, to re-open it as soon as possible.

ALSO. The first date was...2009? So...i think they did push it to early 2010.

So i guess it should be open for spring break, which is in march...

That's my thought...

However...we have some clues.

Apprently, dueling drongs is closing in august...for it's transformation.

But when you think about it, Universal is reporting as late as posible the closing of the coaster. They know it's a big attraction, so they close it only for real work on it, to re-open it as soon as possible.

ALSO. The first date was...2009? So...i think they did push it to early 2010.

So i guess it should be open for spring break, which is in march...

That's my thought...

I hope you are right. We'd like to come down there in May and are hoping it's done by then.

There's a fantastic special on On-Demand showing a glimpse into TWWOHP. TPR is featured in there for just sec, and my account here is shown also, which is hilarious.

For those of you who haven't seen the video of TWWOHP from Bright House, I found it on Youtube.

Part One:

Part Two: