TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

So I know a lot has been discussed about how busy the park is around the Holidays (Christmas, New Year, Ect...) However, I'm curious to know what people think of a mid Feb. trip. Is the park usually crowded around that time, or has it pretty much died off from the Holidays at that point? - TIA!

We were there today, it was still quite busy. 60+min waits for most of the big rides most of the afternoon.  As for February, it's really up in the air right now. Is it busier than normal because Florida is open and the rest of the country is mostly closed? It is quieter than normal because there's a worldwide pandemic still raging?  Both options (and right down the middle) are possible!  We'll keep you updated.  Also, there's a three day weekend in mid-February, or are you talking midweek? Finally, express is always an option!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

So I know a lot has been discussed about how busy the park is around the Holidays (Christmas, New Year, Ect...) However, I'm curious to know what people think of a mid Feb. trip. Is the park usually crowded around that time, or has it pretty much died off from the Holidays at that point? - TIA!

I've been there twice in February.  Both visits were moderately busy and got more so towards the end of the day for Mardi Gras stuff but nothing like big holiday crowds.     I will say we didn't need express the times we went but it wasn't so quiet that it would have been a total waste of money.  

But yeah so much is out of the ordinary that an accurate prediction is difficult.

• Like 1

The Universal Orlando Resort has put out a press release announcing this year's modified Mardi Gras event, Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval. 

1856199987_138874372_10158146357407852_32579482348458719_o(1).thumb.jpg.3a26410ab427c8c6f93a01ba2cdd738e.jpg

Universal Orlando Resort celebrates Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval featuring authentic cuisine inspired by the most iconic Carnaval festivities across the globe. This first-ever, dynamic celebration of flavor and entertainment will take place daily at Universal Studios Florida from Saturday, February 6 and continue through Sunday, March 28.

Guests will enjoy an eclectic global food fest with more than 70 delectable dishes and beverages from 13 locations around the globe. Plus, Universal Studios Florida will be decked out in vibrant décor and guests will have the first-ever opportunity to get up close with spectacular and intricately-detailed Mardi Gras floats stationed throughout the theme park. They’ll also enjoy a Big Easy bash in the streets with energetic dancers and stilt performers in extraordinary costumes, brass band musicians, countless beads and a newly-themed Mardi Gras Tribute Store stocked with new merchandise that will give guests the perfect look for this epic celebration.

Mardi-Gras-2021-International-Flavors-of-Carnaval.thumb.jpg.a2269c5bf0f9093a20cad2aca6369227.jpg

This culinary journey will feature iconic Cajun fare and traditional Carnaval flavors from across the globe, including:

• Fan-favorite Cajun cuisine from New Orleans, such as a Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets and other Big Easy delights
  • Classic Carnaval dishes from the islands, such as Pernil & Mofongo from Puerto Rico, a vegan Pholourie from Trinidad and Tobago and Jerk Chicken from the Bahamas
  • Pork Schnitzel Sliders and Bavarian Pretzels from Germany, iconic Paella Mixta and Leche Frita from Spain and Belgium Liege Waffles from Belgium
  • Other famous flavors from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Italy, France and more

And that’s just a sampling of what Universal Orlando’s culinary team has created for this year’s epic celebration of savory delights. There will also be Carnaval-themed menu options at Universal CityWalk and at the Universal Orlando Resort hotels. To learn more about Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/MardiGras.

Universal Orlando continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures and guidelines focused on “screening, spacing and sanitization,” and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval. Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.

All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass. Guests can take advantage of special offers to enjoy the celebration and all of Universal Orlando’s incredible experiences. Right now, any guests who purchases a 2-Park Annual or Seasonal Pass will receive three extra months free to enjoy all that Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure have to offer. Blockout dates apply on select passes. Florida residents can also take advantage of an exclusive ticket offer to purchase a 1-Day, 2-Park ticket and receive three extra days free to experience both parks. Guests can also take advantage of a special offer to save up to $200 on 4-day tickets for a family of four. For more information and to book these offers, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com.

With exclusive theme park benefits available to hotel guests, staying in one of Universal Orlando’s hotels is the best way to make the most of a vacation to the award-winning theme park destination. Currently, Florida residents can take advantage of nightly rates as low as $94 per night, plus tax at the all-new value property Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites. Passholders save even more with exclusive nightly rates as low as $89 per night, plus tax, while non-Florida residents can book a stay at Dockside Inn and Suites for as low as $116 per night, plus tax based on a four-night stay. For more information about these offers and other hotel options, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/hotels.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, andrew.mora said:

My guess is they convert it to something Trolls related since Universal seems to promote them a lot or maybe that Sing stage show that's in the Japan park. I'd be more surprised if they don't replace it with something for younger kids to do.

That kid's playground area just seems so outdated with Fievel and Woody Woodpecker and previously Barney when they have so many DreamWorks movies that are kid friendly and would definitely draw more attention than what's there now. 

This morning it was announced that construction on Universal's Epic Universe theme park will resume after being paused due to COVID-19!

35759461_UniversalsEpicUniverse-ConceptArt.jpg.cd1337e9298a3f0314c265421fc4a4bc.thumb.jpg.eeece950f32c1939dcdd002f84cde1c3.jpg

https://blog.universalorlando.com/destination/universals-epic-universe-is-back/

Work is resuming on Universal Orlando Resort’s Epic Universe, the widely anticipated theme park that will create an entirely new level of theme park entertainment.

Work on Epic Universe paused in July 2020, as the company adjusted plans in the midst of the pandemic. The restart will begin immediately, but is expected to take several months before reaching full-speed as Universal restaffs for the project and reassembles its vendor and contractor teams.

Restarting Epic Universe will result in hundreds of jobs within Universal and thousands of jobs across Central Florida. These positions include highly-skilled professional positions, all levels of construction jobs and more. 

The Epic Universe project will infuse billions of dollars into the Florida economy and generate more than 14,000 permanent jobs in addition to the thousands of jobs that will be created during its development.

“The restart of construction of Epic Universe is a terrific moment for our employees and for our theme park business in Florida,” said Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast Corporation. “It is our single largest investment in the state and represents our enthusiasm for the spectacular park and the economic opportunities it will generate.”

“We are excited to begin work on Epic Universe again and for what this moment means for our industry, our community, our business and our team members,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and CEO for Universal Parks & Resorts. “Our confidence in our collective future is as strong as ever.”

“The resumption of the Epic Universe project couldn’t come at a better time,” said Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings. “Our community has so many talented workers who will benefit from this massive project. I am confident it will deliver a huge economic boost to Orange County.”

Epic Universe will feature a new theme park, an entertainment center, hotels, shops, restaurants and more. It will be located on a 750-acre site that nearly doubles Universal’s total available acreage in Central Florida. It will be located a few miles from Universal Orlando’s current theme parks in Southwest Orange County (specifically, south of Sand Lake Road and east of Universal Boulevard).

“Our vision for Epic Universe is historic,” Mr. Williams said at the time the project was announced. “It will build on everything we have done and become the most immersive and innovative theme park we have ever created.”

244463765_UniversalsEpicUniverse-Logo.png.8e3736f2cfc4870ca698e3afde11e234.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this might end up being pretty well timed for Universal. There's quite often a boom after a bust, particularly at theme parks, and Universal will have an oven-ready park ready at maybe the very best time - it could be bit of an open goal for them.

We just have to hope the budget hasn't been slashed to the point it will look at bit like a new Fun Spot park. The initial plans and concepts looked really good!

HHN-Beetlejuice-Image.thumb.jpg.59bebadb11c380938cdfa5df520d02fe.jpg

Halloween Horror Nights Are Back for Their 30th Anniversary

And Beetlejuice is getting his own house!

SELECT NIGHTS ◆ SEPT 3–OCT 31, 2021

THE WORLD’S PREMIER HALLOWEEN EVENT

Last year, we made the difficult decision not to hold Halloween Horror Nights. Now we’re back for our 30th year and can’t wait to make you scream. Experience terrifying haunted houses, sinister scare zones, outrageous live entertainment and some of the park’s most exhilarating attractions. You definitely need someone to cling to, someone to hide behind, somebody to panic with. Because just as in horror films where the first to wander off meets a terrible fate, there’s one thing to remember at Halloween Horror Nights: Never go alone.

Click here for more details.

• Like 2

Ah damn that's probably gonna be an awesome house. I would absolutely love to go but it's highly unlikely I'll be able to make it down there for this.

Really curious to see what the other houses will end up being, I'm expecting them to go all out with this being the 30th now and not having it last year. 

1 hour ago, jarmor said:

It was a real solid house last year.  Hopefully nothing changes!

beetlejuice.jpg

I knew about the Tooth Fairy and Bride of Frankenstein houses but I had no idea they had opened this at some point, it looks awesome. 

Did they let the Beetlejuice actors do their own thing and ad lib to guests like they do when you would pass them by in the street? 

It only opened for a few days at the end of October. I understand they needed to do that in order to keep the rights to the house for the following year, but the capacity was very limited. I was one of thousands of people who got to the park very early, waited until the opening only to find out there was no availability. It was all done through the app which crashed, and there was no standby line.

• Like 1

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread
On 3/5/2021 at 2:05 PM, Satans Hockey said:

I knew about the Tooth Fairy and Bride of Frankenstein houses but I had no idea they had opened this at some point, it looks awesome. 

Did they let the Beetlejuice actors do their own thing and ad lib to guests like they do when you would pass them by in the street? 

THey allowed it to open on halloween and the next day for a short timeframe.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to snag a time BUT with my boyish good looks, they let me experience it anyway.  There is only one beetlejuice who I can say is "on the loose" but the rest are the typical press a button for sound gag to happen.  Can't really do much improv when you're trying to scare.

• Like 1