TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

On a different note, one coaster I was really disappointed with was Rip Ride Rocket at Universal. This is by far the most uncomfortable coaster I have ever ridden, very rough and I felt sick after every ride. Did I catch it at a bad time?

People seem to love it or hate it based on their rides on it. I always recommend that you're in the front car as I believe it was designed for single car trains and not the trailered ones. I've always had really enjoyable rides on it in the front and I hate rough rides. You also could have caught a train that was about to go in for maintenance.

To be fair I certainly wouldn't say I hated it, and if I ever get to return to America i'll definitely be giving it another go. It just felt very clanky (if thats a word). I pretty much want to re-ride every coaster I've been on straight away afterwards but with this I was fine moving on to another. Thanks for your response

On a different note, one coaster I was really disappointed with was Rip Ride Rocket at Universal. This is by far the most uncomfortable coaster I have ever ridden, very rough and I felt sick after every ride. Did I catch it at a bad time?

You may have just caught it on a bad day or got a bad train. I rode RRR about 15 times in a row (thanks single rider line!) on my visit to Orlando last fall and it was very smooth and comfortable. I was also bummed to see the Hulk in pieces but I am very excited for the rebuild.

This is by far the most uncomfortable coaster I have ever ridden, very rough and I felt sick after every ride. Did I catch it at a bad time?

Nope, not just you. I'll do it once or twice a season and every time it feels like I've been sucker punched. I once (semi) enjoyed this ride but now I wish it hadn't have been constructed

You may have just caught it on a bad day or got a bad train. I rode RRR about 15 times in a row (thanks single rider line!) on my visit to Orlando last fall and it was very smooth and comfortable. I was also bummed to see the Hulk in pieces but I am very excited for the rebuild.

15 times!!!! Good Lord!! I think whats even more shocking is your 39 years old!! I'm 31 and my body is like get me the hell off of this thing now! Respect..

People seem to love it or hate it based on their rides on it. I always recommend that you're in the front car as I believe it was designed for single car trains and not the trailered ones. I've always had really enjoyable rides on it in the front and I hate rough rides. You also could have caught a train that was about to go in for maintenance.

Throw me in the category of those who loved it. Rode it about a dozen times during my stay there.

I LOVE rip ride rockit. It made me a huge fan of maurer creations. It is definitly a little bit rough though.. I highly suggest rows 2 and 5. I find those to be far far smoother. By the design of the trains, any track imperfections are amplified in the other rows, especially the rear row of each car.. and the trackwork is definitely a little wonky in places!

I rode RRR three times when I went to Universal. It's fun... I love the inversion on top of the loop. And I rode it far back all times, I just didn't have the patience to wait... But that last drop before the station totally caught me off guard the first time. It was awesome!

I don't mind the music, but I don't need it. It's not adding a ton of fun for me.

And yes, it was pretty rough...

But where's the greatness in a smooth coaster if all of them were smooth?

Undercover Tourist usually has the best prices. The discount is only about $5-10 though (their listed prices include tax; Universal adds tax at checkout). The one thing I don't like about the print at home tickets is you have an 8.5x11 sheet of paper as your ticket for both days and you're in trouble if it gets ruined on the water rides. If you get the tickets from Universal's website and choose the will call option, you'll get a business card sized ticket that's a thermal print so it will hold up a little bit better. Right now they are running the buy two days, get one free promotion so it might be worth squeezing another day in if you can since it's your first visit. Have fun!

Throw me in the category of those who loved it. Rode it about a dozen times during my stay there.

Same here! Got to ride it for the first time this past October during HHN. Went on it several times, and really enjoyed it! Only negative thing I have to say about it is that most of the time the music wasn't working for me (as in it was silent for the whole ride- it didn't even play the default music). But if will definitely be on my "must ride" list the next time I get to visit!

It's not hard for me to overlook roughness if the coaster delivers in other ways, which Rip Ride Rockit only *kind of* does. I honestly don't think roughness is even its biggest problem. How about the atrocious pacing created by the numerous brake runs needed to block all of the two-car trains? Or how the elements diminish in quality towards the end of the ride to an even greater extent than most coasters? I actually still enjoy it for the first drop, non-inverting loop, and treble clef, but it is definitely the weakest of USO and IOA's major coasters.

I actually still enjoy it for the first drop, non-inverting loop, and treble clef, but it is definitely the weakest of USO and IOA's major coasters.

I think those are the two best parts, as well.

NEW RESTAURANT BRINGS INCREDIBLE CHOCOLATE, DELICIOUSLY EXPANSIVE MENU AND STUNNING ATMOSPHERE TO UNIVERSAL CITYWALK

Unique Experience is the Latest in Popular Dining Concepts Only Found at Universal Orlando Resort!

[attachment=2]ce7a9269-736f-4c5c-8d7c-300ae4a5f28c.jpeg[/attachment]

ORLANDO, Fla. (March 14, 2016) – The Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium at Universal CityWalk may be the most spectacularly delicious example yet of what happens when the Universal Creative team that designs theme park attractions comes together with the culinary team that creates blockbuster food and beverage experiences.

Set to open later this year, The Toothsome Chocolate Factory will be a full-service restaurant that brings together a specially created and expansive menu plus an incredible array of gourmet-level chocolates and desserts – all in a highly themed, unique environment that can only be found at Universal CityWalk.

The restaurant will be located near the entrance to Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, and visible around the entire CityWalk lagoon. Welcome to the 19th century inspired, Steampunk-era chocolate factory, complete with towering smokestacks, tanks and antique piping. Inside, a mix of brass, dark wood and gadgetry – along with staff who will look and act the part – will complete the Steampunk feel.

This unique experience will be punctuated by the food that will completely enrapture you. The menu features a wide variety of unexpected, yet familiar dishes – from all-day-brunch crepes and quiches to unique takes on classic steak, seafood and pasta entrees, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, scrumptious salads and so much more. The number of options will leave you speechless. And the desserts and specialty items will be beyond the imagination.

The artisan milkshake collection will include shakes with names such as Chocolate x5 – mixed with chocolate spirals, chocolate chunks, chocolate ice cream and more – along with Bacon Brittle, Espresso Buzzzz, Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie.

The sundaes include S’mores – with chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, marshmallow cream, graham crackers and more – Salted Caramel Flan, Chocolate Brownie Bark – and more.

Guests will also be able to watch chocolate creations being prepared – and purchase them from the restaurant’s retail shop to take home and enjoy.

The new restaurant will be the latest in a progression of incredibly popular dining concepts that have opened at Universal CityWalk over the past couple years – nine new concepts in two years, to be exact.

How did I miss this!?!? This sounds like a place I could live at.

As mentioned before, I'm guessing there will be some kind of Kong/dinosaur ripping the 'driver' out of the vehicle in a far more dramatic way than TGMR.

Nothing against the Potter stuff, but I'm really looking forward to see what Universal Creative will do with something I'm more familiar with.