TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

If Universal has all this money and is trying to really give Disney a run for their money I'd love to see them build some sort of real Fast and the Furious ride with a test track sort of ride system. No more 4D!!!! Isn't Fast and the Furious one of the most successful franchises of all time? Give them something good!

It will be interesting to see how different the Orlando version of King King will be compared to Hollywood. Hollywood understandably has to work around the tram tour ride system when the incoperate these new attactions, so hopefully the Orlando version will work in some more pyscial effects and features otehr than just the gigantic 3D video screens. And I guess we still don't exactly know what the King Kong ride system in Orlando will be so there's potantial for that attraction to have a completly different feel than the Hollywood tam tour version. Anyways as much as I'd lvoe to see a physical ride I have a feeling that what ever the difference between Hollywood and Orlando is for King Kong will be roughly the same difference for Fast n Furious.

If the Beetlejuice Graveyard Review is closing also to make way for this attraction that combined with Disaster is a pretty decent chunk of land in the middle of the park, so hopefully Universal can do something exciting with it.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/fast-furious-ride/

ALL-NEW FAST & FURIOUS RIDE COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN 2017

Fast-and-Furious-featured-1170x731.thumb.jpg.6f9b0803ce1dfdb840747490ef51d977.jpg

You’ve seen the cars. You’ve seen the action. And soon, you’ll be able to live it.

I’m so excited to share that one of the most successful film franchises of all-time will soon become one of Universal Orlando Resort‘s most action-packed ride experiences.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida. You’ll feel like part of the “Fast family” as you embark on a thrilling new Fast & Furious adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.

Fast-Furious-rendering.thumb.jpg.bce74da9d1055da14c232d9099527c05.jpg

This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will close permanently on September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.

There’s SO much to share about this thrilling new ride—I can’t wait to share more details in the future. Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for updates.

This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

We don't actually know if it's a 3D ride yet. They've given zero information, really. Just speculating, that's all.

Although the "Earthquake" portion of Disaster was fun, the rest of the attraction definitely, er, was not--unless your idea of a good time is watching Christopher Walken sleepwalk through a role.

We don't actually know if it's a 3D ride yet. They've given zero information, really. Just speculating, that's all.

There will be some 3-D elements in the attraction. At least that's what I've been hearing.

There will be some 3-D elements in the attraction. At least that's what I've been hearing.

Well the tram tour segment in Hollywood is in 3d so if you assume they're using similar elements like the new King Kong ride then it will probably be 3D. It also depends on what the ride system is. We might learn more about how this Fast and the Furious ride will shape up when Kong: Skull Island opens.

Well the tram tour segment in Hollywood is in 3d so if you assume they're using similar elements like the new King Kong ride then it will probably be 3D. It also depends on what the ride system is. We might learn more about how this Fast and the Furious ride will shape up when Kong: Skull Island opens.

You do know the new Kong ride in Islands is nothing close to the Hollywood tram iteration right? It's going to be a ride vehicle, think kilamanjaro, with a tour guide exploring skull island. Most likely featuring a good combination of live sets and special effects obviously not much confirmed yet other than concept art, but I'd expect the fast and furious iteration in Orlando to be quite different as well.

You do know the new Kong ride in Islands is nothing close to the Hollywood tram iteration right? It's going to be a ride vehicle, think kilamanjaro, with a tour guide exploring skull island. Most likely featuring a good combination of live sets and special effects obviously not much confirmed yet other than concept art, but I'd expect the fast and furious iteration in Orlando to be quite different as well.

What I was saying was that with Skull Island they took the segment from the tram tour and are expanding it to make a full ride. Its how they made the entire park to begin with, taking the Earthquake!, JAWS, and Kongfrontation elements from the tour and fleshing them out to full rides. Its wouldn't be wrong to assume they will do the same thing here.

^ I really just hope it's not another media-based attraction. At some point they just need to start giving people 3-D glasses when you walk through the turnstile. I haven't been on Disaster since it re-opened in 2008. I'm not a fan of the attraction so I won't miss it. I just hope the new ride is really a "ride" and is something I can really look forward to.

I think if it is 3D, they might finally overtake Lotte World as the park with most 3D rides/rides with screens. Lotte World has in 3d: desperados, 4d shooting theater, dynamic theater on the 4th floor and 3d haunted house movie outside. Then you've also got the 2D shooting ride with its screens, the circle-vision Lotte's balloon ride and their version of Turtle Talk with a Beluga and now the 3 wild attraction simulators.

Where did you hear that because I keep hearing that its actually EXACTLY the USH version, but with a couple of added scenes. Yes, it's a different ride vehicle, but it's essentially a single-car tram tour vehicle, and the Hollywood tram also has a tour guide. I get that it's a much expanded version, and I am hopeful the additional scenes will be really awesome, but the attraction at it's core is the Hollywood version, just with "more." At least that's what I've been told. (who knows until it really opens or more info is released, though.) Remember, it's already been announced that it only has a 34" height restriction, so it's not going to be a wild ride or anything.

Edited by robbalvey

This is the first time I've ever heard of Beetlejuice Graveyard Review. When we were at the park we walked right by it without even realizing it was there (not that we're show people anyway). Was it any good? I assume the answer must be "no" but I guess it's worth asking.

^ I really just hope it's not another media-based attraction. At some point they just need to start giving people 3-D glasses when you walk through the turnstile. I haven't been on Disaster since it re-opened in 2008. I'm not a fan of the attraction so I won't miss it. I just hope the new ride is really a "ride" and is something I can really look forward to.

I think if it is 3D, they might finally overtake Lotte World as the park with most 3D rides/rides with screens. Lotte World has in 3d: desperados, 4d shooting theater, dynamic theater on the 4th floor and 3d haunted house movie outside. Then you've also got the 2D shooting ride with its screens, the circle-vision Lotte's balloon ride and their version of Turtle Talk with a Beluga and now the 3 wild attraction simulators.

Just going off memory the amount of "media based" attractions at Universal:

- Spider-Man

- Transformers

- Gringotts

- Forbidden Journey (rumored to get the 3-D upgrade)

- Hogwarts Express

- Shrek

- Dispicable Me

- Terminator

- Simpsons

- Kong (rumored)

- Fast & Furious (rumored)

Personally, I'd like to see another non-media ride like Hulk, Men in Black, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, etc. I get that Universal is "ride the movies" but lately I feel like their rides are more themed around "watch the movies."

Crossing fingers that the Nintendo themed attractions bring us back to actual "rides."

Edited by robbalvey

lately I feel like their rides are more themed around "watch the movies."

Crossing fingers that the Nintendo themed attractions bring us back to actual "rides."

That's my problem with what Universal's been doing, as well. While I think Spider-man is the best ride there, I much prefer Mummy, MIB, Rip Ride & Rockit, and the late, lamented Jaws to the other "media-based" rides.

I'd rather ride Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train than Forbidden Journey or Gringott's. But I do give Universal some credit for building great queues to go with the latter two attractions.

Edited by cfc

I am really hoping they adopt the Spider-man/Transformers ride tech for this version. It's ok as a finale for the tram tour at USH, not really fast or furious. Although, would be nice to see another launched coaster as well, maybe indoors like their competition. To actually have a physical sense of speed in a ride with the word fast in it, makes sense to me.

^^^ & ^^ I definitely agree. I do think that these "media based" rides can be great the first time when you don't know what's going to happen, but it's not a type of ride where I come off the ride thinking "Hey that was awesome, let's immediately ride it 5 more times". On the other hand, I could easily ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 5 times in a row and have just as much fun on the last ride as on the first.

To be honest a lot of screen-based rides (Forbidden Journey included) make me nauseous, which therefore makes the number of media attractions in the Universal parks a problem for me. Spiderman and Gringotts I can manage however as the screens are big enough and far away enough to not be a problem. Up close screens make me very sick!

To be honest a lot of screen-based rides (Forbidden Journey included) make me nauseous, which therefore makes the number of media attractions in the Universal parks a problem for me. Spiderman and Gringotts I can manage however as the screens are big enough and far away enough to not be a problem. Up close screens make me very sick!

I love universal but my theme park partner has horrible motion sickness (which for some reason excludes roller coasters) so he didn't really enjoy Universal Studios but loved Disney. I love Universal but I'm dreading the day where I outgrow being able to not get motion sick.

Honestly, I did enjoy the Beetlejuice show. The actors included the lead actor seemed very invested in the part, and they'd interact and excite the crowd really well.

Disaster was fun, but often the line would make me want to skip it, it's still a very long ride including the show, I just wish it's replacement wasn't fast and furious, but it could also be very cool. I'm biased as I haven't ridden the hollywood version, or seen a Fast and Furious movie.

Add me to this camp, I have to keep the glasses off on all the 3D rides or else I get sick. I would love to see more "ride" rides at the Studios park. Rip Ride Rockit is my favorite attraction on the entire resort.

It's interesting to see so many of us who get ill from all of the 3D screens. I simply don't even try to ride Transformers anymore and the Forbidden Journey ride at IOA makes me super nauseous with the changing from screens to actual sets back to blurry screens again. I have to think that we are representative group here and if so many of us 'thrill seeking' types get sick from the screens others must too.