TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I've heard several different rumors about a "lap bar" train, but not sure if that's coming from B&M, another vendor, or just a rumor.

I'd figure B&M would maybe do a floorless train with their new wing rider vest harnesses before seeking a third-party vendor for their own product.

Of course, who knows if B&M has much, or any, involvement in this refurbishment?

Edited by Koasterking48

This excites me a lot! I was just at the park today and got a front row ride early this morning. The ride was an absolute blast!

I already love the Hulk and it seems they are going to make it even better!!!

I can see them putting in new track in the launch tunnel for the new motors, new trains, and a high-tech queue line!

FWIW, Hulk is the highest cycled ride in B&M history. The track has worn out beyond repair welding/bracing per B&M. We are on the verge of the world's first retracked B&M coaster, along with other upgrades as noted. If the rumor round the watering hole is accurate.

I will say, Hulk has been running every day (minus rehabs) since 1999, with constant 3 train operation. It has a ridiculous amount of wear on it for a coaster of the type I'm sure. There are strong rumors that the entire ride is getting a re-track very very soon.

Hey, remember when I posted this in April and everyone joined in to laugh in my face about the rumor I had heard? Thanks guys. It may not be the entire track in the end but at least I was on the right vein of thought.

I will say, Hulk has been running every day (minus rehabs) since 1999, with constant 3 train operation. It has a ridiculous amount of wear on it for a coaster of the type I'm sure. There are strong rumors that the entire ride is getting a re-track very very soon.

Hey, remember when I posted this in April and everyone joined in to laugh in my face about the rumor I had heard? Thanks guys. It may not be the entire track in the end but at least I was on the right vein of thought.

Congrats! Would you like a cookie?

^I don't follow this thread too much but I know I wouldn't have made fun of you for suggesting a retrack of Hulk. It's been a rumor for years after the ride was closed in the mid 2000's for stress fractures due to cycling too much.

So if they replace the launch and some track like I've heard. How long before some enthusiasts start counting Hulk as a new coaster?

Well we all know Jeff Johnson will be!

I am so glad this is happening to the Hulk. Not that I didnt like the ride but I was dissapointed with it when I rode and came off with a headache.

As one of those doubters (though I don't think anymore really "laughed" at you), count me as someone very curious to see what the extent of any track work is. I don't doubt that the ride has endured more stress than the average B&M, but for a whole ride as large as Hulk to have reached the point of needing to be replaced...makes me wonder what exactly is the breaking point of a B&M ride.

I know when I worked at SFMM a long time ago, they were constantly welding the top of the loop, so it really makes me wonder what's going to be next for B&M.

I'm pretty sure they've replaced sections of Nemesis's helix at Alton Towers too, so it's nothing new in that respect, but I guess there could well be quite a few parts of Hulk being replaced. It's nice to see that they're using it as an opportunity to improve the ride experience too. If they work on the track, launch and trains it could be a VERY different feeling coaster!

One thing I'm a little concerned about is that there have been no announcements for any more houses for HHN. The event in Hollywood has most if not all the houses announced. Howl O Scream Tampa has all of theirs announced. It has been a while since they announced any new addition. I know they know what they're doing...I just want to know all the houses already!!!

One thing I'm a little concerned about is that there have been no announcements for any more houses for HHN. The event in Hollywood has most if not all the houses announced. Howl O Scream Tampa has all of theirs announced. It has been a while since they announced any new addition. I know they know what they're doing...I just want to know all the houses already!!!

Universal has been posting videos as part of a sweepstakes on HHN Facebook. The last video will be posted 8/25 and that's probably when they will announce all the houses.

image.thumb.jpg.fa23dd169930a561a0f12b935faa261f.jpgLooks like the Purge is the next house coming to Universal Orlando for HHN 25.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/the-purge-hhn-25/

Universal Pictures’ “The Purge” Lures Guests to “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, Beginning Friday, September 18

All-New Immersive Haunted House to Unleash Purge Terror in Orlando

Universal City, Ca, August 17, 2015 – Beginning Friday, September 18, the annual Purge will commence at “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort as both parks debut all-new disturbingly-real experiences, inspired by Universal’s popular franchise film series created by writer and director James DeMonaco and produced by Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes.

Guests will attempt to survive the night as they are immersed in the film’s depraved world, where all crime is declared legal as part of the government’s annually sanctioned 12-hour Purge.

Universal Orlando’s horrifying “Purge” maze will expand upon the incredibly popular and terrifying films and place guests in the midst of a chaotic Purge night where the tradition has commenced. As they navigate the maze, they will quickly realize that they are the targets for this year’s Purge. Guests will be hunted by dozens of masked vigilantes who will stop at nothing to purge as they are entitled.

“Building on the success of last year’s scare zone, this time our guests will live their very own ‘Purge Night’ within the confines of an all-new house experience,” said Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment Creative Development. “Just like in the film, guests will find themselves within arm’s reach of the most sadistic collection of killers imaginable. Their only want and need is to express their right to purge and purge they will."

To learn more about the Purge maze at Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights” click here.

Edited by cfc

Just wondering if we have any Rip Ride Rockit nerds out there that can help me out with some information.

I understand there are 7 trains on the ride. Can it run all 7 at once? How many can be in the station area at once as well. If you could message me or let me know any info about the operation of this ride it would be greatly appreciated!

So the rumor now is that Disaster will be closed down later this year and will be replaced by a new Fast n Furious attraction for Universal Orlando. I guess that's not terribly surprising since Disaster is one of the older attractions in the park. I'm guessing they'll gut the building and start from scratch but part of me hopes they'll find a way to incorperate that existing famous scene from Disaster into the new ride, would be really cool if they could.

Either way, if this rumor is true, it's certianly an exciting time to be a theme park fan in Orlando!

^ I really just hope it's not another media-based attraction. At some point they just need to start giving people 3-D glasses when you walk through the turnstile. I haven't been on Disaster since it re-opened in 2008. I'm not a fan of the attraction so I won't miss it. I just hope the new ride is really a "ride" and is something I can really look forward to.

Edited by robbalvey

^This.

I'm one of those who can't do 3-D as its a one way ticket to vomit town. While all these attractions look fantastic it be great to see something added I can ride without ruining the rest of my day.