TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Do we know yet where the Nintendo land is going to be? Someone recently (a GP) said they were losing Marvel world, the second said it was going in the comics section.

Kidzone is what everyone who knows stuff says.

I'm scared to ask this because of the answer I'm sure I'll get. But I gotta ask because I need to mentally prepare myself lol. So how crowded is the park on weekends. Like average wait times?

why not download the universal app and look at the actual wait times. you will get a better idea on when you should go.

Looks like the Walking Dead will appear for another year at Halloween Horror Nights!

Encounter the atrocities of the “W” #walkers and witness the horror of victims besieged by AMC's The Walking Dead in season 5 at #HHN25. If the #hordes don’t get you, the flood waters will…

From Universal Orlando Resort's YouTube:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

^Yes, they are.

1352844963_HHN2015.jpg.294b57aa396877bc63ae1a462f3c6021.jpg

AMC’s “The Walking Dead” Returns to “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, Unleashing the Terror of Season 5 Upon the Country’s Most Extreme and Highly-Anticipated Halloween Events

niversal City, Ca., Orlando, Fla., July 30, 2015 — The nation’s insatiable appetite for AMC’s “The Walking Dead” will continue to terrify Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort when the most intense moments from season 5 of the critically-acclaimed, Emmy Award®-winning television series take a bite out of “Halloween Horror Nights,” beginning Friday, September 18, 2015.

Attempts to evade the terror of the undead and the inhumane brutality of mankind will be the underlying theme of these mazes as guests navigate authentic three-dimensional recreations of one of television’s most talked about shows, “The Walking Dead.”

Following in the footsteps of “The Walking Dead” cast, guests will begin their journey at the Terminus safe-haven compound, where an unspeakable hunger has consumed the demented souls of those dwelling within. As the chaos ensues, guests will encounter even greater atrocities as they stumble upon dismembered “W” walkers, witness the horror of victims besieged by the living dead, and step onto the loading dock of the Del Arno Food warehouse to face hordes of “W” walkers.

“I couldn't be more delighted to continue and expand 'The Walking Dead' universe with Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando than by having fans experience some of the most harrowing and suspenseful moments of our show," said Greg Nicotero, executive producer and special effects makeup supervisor for "The Walking Dead." "‘Halloween Horror Nights’ is the gold standard to which all other Halloween-themed events try to emulate, so to bring authentic walkers to this event, alongside other horror greats, is the ultimate thrill.”

“We love giving fans of ‘The Walking Dead’ as many ways as possible to experience the series, so we’re thrilled to be collaborating once again with the teams at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando on these mazes that really bring the intensity of the show to life,” said Theresa Beyer, senior vice president of promotion, activation and partnerships for AMC. “We’re excited to have fans come face to face with some of the most memorable and shocking scenes of season 5.”

This year, when Universal Studios Hollywood introduces the all-original “The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far,” it will come to life as the biggest, longest, most gruesome maze ever built at the West Coast destination of “Halloween Horror Nights.” This all-new experience will feature twice as many, never-before-seen walkers and will be situated within an entirely new theme park location.

“Just like the fans who wait anxiously for the next episode or season return of ‘The Walking Dead,’ this phenom of a show has become a ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ tradition and our guests look forward to a new ‘Walking Dead’ maze each year,” said John Murdy, Creative Director at Universal Studios Hollywood and Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights.” “We’re fortunate to have the expertise of the show’s creative team working collaboratively with us to create an authentic living representation of the series, and for fans, our maze experience is the next best thing to living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse.”

Universal Orlando’s “The Walking Dead” maze will feature hordes of walkers and eerily recreate the scenes, settings and terror that guests have seen on their TV screens. The twisted minds of Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights team are using first-ever tactics to bring the horror of season 5 to life in this year’s maze – even placing guests in the iconic flooded food bank scene where they’ll be surrounded by hundreds of gallons of water as flesh-hungry walkers attack.

“We’ve been fortunate to recreate many horrific moments over the past few years, and as the series raises its own bar every season, so have we with our environments, said Michael Aiello, Director of Creative Development for Universal Orlando’s Entertainment team. “Faithfully representing season 5 has brought with it all-new elements, and we will literally place our guests in the lead role as they escape hordes of walkers.”

Universal’s “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate in extreme Halloween events. For more than 20 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Orlando and Hollywood to become victims of their own horror movie. Multiple movie-quality haunted houses are constructed throughout the event, inspired by iconic slasher films, hit horror movies and television series or hauntingly real original stories. Numerous scare zones also infiltrate “Halloween Horror Nights,” designed to provoke an unrelenting sense of fear and terrorize guests as they navigate the darkness from one frightening maze to another.

Additional details about Universal’s “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

To learn more about the all-new “The Walking Dead” maze at “Halloween Horror Nights,” click

HTF, THANK YOU so much for all the advice. I am a HUGE horror plan and my dream has always been to hit HHN, ever since I was a travel agent way back in the late 90s. I got to tour IOA before it opened to the public and that's when I learned about HHN. This is actually a delayed honeymoon, we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary Saturday and have had to wait to take a proper honeymoon. I really do want to stay at Cabana Bay, it's only about $20 more a night than Doubletree, but I will also check the Hyatt. Your recommendation for during the day is excellent, I really didn't think we needed to do the express passes. The only reason we were going to do the VIP tour is because our friend is doing it, but you are right, it's like $140 per person not including the price of admission. The only thing she said was that to go through the houses they are not that scary as there is a constant stream of people going in so you see the scares ahead of time where you don't with the tour. Do you know if this is true? I love the idea of the frequent fear pass since we will be there any way. I know the crowds can get crazy and I do not want to miss anything. We are truly going for HHN and the parks, as my husband has never been to FL. I have to plan this carefully as my husband is a recovering alcoholic, so I'm trying to stay away from Citywalk except for maybe to go to dinner or something. My friend on the other hand drinks A LOT, so I know evenings we will be pretty much on our own except for the night of HHN, but now you really have me thinking that we should just not do that VIP tour and just spend more time at the event instead. I know with it being the 25th anniversary it's going to be big and we are so excited, just seems pretty overwhelming right now trying to work this on a budget. Luckily I have found cheap air fare which will help a great deal. Any other ideas I welcome hearing from you, thanks so much!

For the RIP tours they take you through an "exclusive" entrance that dumps you off at the very beginning of the house. They stop the conga line so your group can enter it. Some tour guides will try to pulse the line so your group is somewhat alone but within the first 2 to 3 scenes you've caught up to the conga line. Not all guides will do this either as most now-a-days will just get you in the line and meet you at the exit due to operations trying to get as many people through the house as possible.

If you want to experience everything get the Frequent Fear Pass. One night with or without Express really just isn't enough anymore and I can assure you your gonna want to do a few houses more than once. Also Bill and Ted is a must! Do not miss it! The last 2 years since they've gotten a new creative team for production has been outstanding. Now if your wanting to get a head start on the crowds here are a few tips.

1. If you have a valid day pass for Universal Studios and plan to attend HHN that night (and have a valid ticket) You can do the Stay and Scream each and every event night. What this means if when the park closes they gather everyone with valid HHN admission into holding areas. They will scan your ticket, give you a wrist band, and then let you roam within the confines of the area you chose to stay in. If doing this I HIGHLY recommend New York as your holding area since it offers the most houses within a short distance. Diagon Alley was an option last year and is a great option as well. Holding will be from 5pm to 6-615pm and then your off to the races ahead of the front gate crowds.

2. If not doing Stay and Scream GET THERE EARLY! I cannot stress this one enough! On busy nights like your planned ones will be arriving early is key. Arriving at 5pm vs 7pm is night and day. During peak entry hours 7-9pm it can take as long as 90 mins to park, get through security, and then the turnstiles. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

3. If trying to do a house by yourselves or without the conga lines your best chance is at the end of the night or right at opening. Doing Stay and Scream like mentioned before will help you do this. Oh and wear sunglasses lol, your eyes won't adjust to the darkness of the house and your going to be sitting ducks

4. HAVE A PLAN! Every year once the house locations are revealed I have a plan of attack. On most nights I can do 75% of the houses without waiting more than 20 mins in the first 90 mins of the event being open. And yes thats without express.

In addition for your husbands sake please be aware the amount of alcohol that will be all around you at HHN is extreme.Even more so than you will see at a nightclub in many cases. They sell it EVERYWHERE except the bathrooms. I mean that. So he will need your support through it as well. So again just be prepared for that.

If you have anymore questions please just ask. The more you know the more you can plan for the craziness of the event. You can DM here, post a reply, or even hit me up on Twitter @hatetofly

1. If you have a valid day pass for Universal Studios and plan to attend HHN that night (and have a valid ticket) You can do the Stay and Scream each and every event night. What this means if when the park closes they gather everyone with valid HHN admission into holding areas. They will scan your ticket, give you a wrist band, and then let you roam within the confines of the area you chose to stay in. If doing this I HIGHLY recommend New York as your holding area since it offers the most houses within a short distance. Diagon Alley was an option last year and is a great option as well. Holding will be from 5pm to 6-615pm and then your off to the races ahead of the front gate crowds.

2. If not doing Stay and Scream GET THERE EARLY! I cannot stress this one enough! On busy nights like your planned ones will be arriving early is key. Arriving at 5pm vs 7pm is night and day. During peak entry hours 7-9pm it can take as long as 90 mins to park, get through security, and then the turnstiles. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

These two things! Right here will save you HOURS in line. Great advice! I can't tell you how many times I've heard people bitch and complain how they weren't able to do anything at HHN and I ask them "when do you get to the event?" and they'll tell me "Oh, like an hour or so after it opened..."

Well, DUH!!!! If you're not doing the Stay & Scream, you HAVE to be one of the first in line. And yes, you might be waiting an extra hour or maybe two on the front end for the event to open, but that will save you so many more hours on the back end!

Listen to this dude, HTF. He knows what he's talking about.

These two things! Right here will save you HOURS in line. Great advice! I can't tell you how many times I've heard people bitch and complain how they weren't able to do anything at HHN and I ask them "when do you get to the event?" and they'll tell me "Oh, like an hour or so after it opened..."

Well, DUH!!!! If you're not doing the Stay & Scream, you HAVE to be one of the first in line. And yes, you might be waiting an extra hour or maybe two on the front end for the event to open, but that will save you so many more hours on the back end!

Listen to this dude, HTF. He knows what he's talking about.

The getting there early thing is a must no matter what but people still show up at like 8 thinking they gonna stroll right in... Yeah no.. This is your future, you decide it! BTW thanks for the kudos Robb!

Here is a visual representation of what were talking about...

crowd_5.jpg.a6579d842d6de7bb582152e484c089ce.jpg

YOUR EARLY

HHN-queue.jpg.e024976ed8517cca19f0d89e57c3e5de.jpg

Your "on time"... Notice its still SUNNY OUT!

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.f9cbfbf56e8b6e1cee54a2b04574aefb.jpg

YOUR LATE...

Ok so the last one is from Woodstock but you get the idea.

It will be it's own mini land. Expect a small food and beverage stand and a small kiosk type gift shop in the area as well. Surprisingly I do not expect an exit into a gift shop but rather a kiosk instead.

^^It will really only be a "mini island" off to the side of the Jurassic Park stuff. Think of how the Peter Jackson King Kong movie related to Dinosaurs and you'll get it thematically.

^American schools are all going back into session around then or are already back. Early Access will be pretty dead but if you want to sleep just a bit more you should be fine. As always, my recommendation is that Minion Mayhem and Rip Ride Rockit are the two highest priority early morning attractions at the resort. They will always have long lines by midday and the rest of the day.

Also, I'm on the arriving Early train for HHN. In Fact, I don't think there is a single regular park event in the entire world that necessitates early arrival as much as HHN, save maybe Tokyo Disney parks. HHN is legitimately NOT WORTH THE MONEY if you show up at 8 pm or later, because you will maybe only do 4 houses, and wait dearly for all of them. This is how HHN house lines work:

6:30-5 minute wait to walk through the line or some early guests coming in from Stay-and Scream

7 PM-most houses 10 minutes, Most popular 30 minutes

7:30PM-Most houses 15-20 minutes, Most popular 1 hour+

8:PM-Most houses 30-45 minutes, Most popular 1.5hours+

8:30PM-1030PM Most houses 30-1 hour, Most Popular 2 hours up to 3 hours

11PM-12:30 Follow the 8PM wait times backwards

Whatever Remains until Close: Wait times for 4 or 5 houses dissipate to 10 minutes or less, the most popular down to 30-45 or less

So you can see how incredibly Important it is to arrive early and stay late at this event. If you get there at 8, after waiting in a huge parking line you will enter and probably wait 1 hour for your first house, another hour for another house and a bathroom break, then if you want to do one of the most popular houses you are basically screwed into another 1.5 hour wait, for a 3-5 minute experience. If you want to see a show as well or eat or see any of the scarezones you aren't going to do more than 5 houses.

Whereas if you arrive early, you can do 3-4 houses an hour in, maybe have 6 done by the second hour (Remember that's just after our 8PM arrival time), and then have 4-5 hours left to do any remaining houses and see a show or two or ride Mummy, MIB, whatever. Or possibly REST and eat and drink. It's night and day.

Also, I'm on the arriving Early train for HHN. In Fact, I don't think there is a single regular park event in the entire world that necessitates early arrival as much as HHN, save maybe Tokyo Disney parks. HHN is legitimately NOT WORTH THE MONEY if you show up at 8 pm or later, because you will maybe only do 4 houses, and wait dearly for all of them. This is how HHN house lines work:

Or a Korean/Asian water-park. Those 180-210 minute wait signs have stopped me from going back to a water park for the last 4 years. If you aren't practically in your swim-suit at the entrance ready to sprint around a park, grab a reservation or 2 and then marathon everything else at 8 in the morning during opening hour, you're not going to have a good day unless you like lining up in 30-36C heat.

Couple of pics I took last night, sorry about the quality and lighting all I had was my phone for the pics.

20150810_180931.thumb.jpg.2fa9d4def0f3f387387538085e22555d.jpg

Guest view outside of main entrance to Reign of Kong

20150810_180910.thumb.jpg.baf088e366f23b6f3ab776b6e42fa32a.jpg

Close Up!

20150810_180142.thumb.jpg.d83745d1f1e6737f7abd4f33bcb59ce3.jpg

Another rock feature rising from the earth...

20150810_173047.thumb.jpg.f9d36b700b57e8a458e18894052918a1.jpg

Sapphire Falls going up quickly

Do you guys think it is possible for universal to revert the film/motion on the Simpsons ride for BTTF day, it seems the price for entry is higher that day so it must mean something is going to happen

No.

Do you guys think it is possible for universal to revert the film/motion on the Simpsons ride for BTTF day, it seems the price for entry is higher that day so it must mean something is going to happen

No.

Since it's always set to the day you ride, I can just imagine the Japanese version jumping 0 days into the future. I wonder if since it's dubbed if they can just redub the audio or change the future date so it isn't going back in the time when they say going to the future.

THIRD ANNUAL “A CELEBRATION OF HARRY POTTER” EVENT COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT JANUARY 29-31, 2016

Special Vacation Packages Go On Sale August 19

Orlando, Fla. (August 12, 2015) – Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. will host the third annual “A Celebration of Harry Potter,” a special gathering of Harry Potter fans from around the globe. The three-day weekend event will take place January 29 – 31, 2016 and will feature an array of experiences.

All general admission park guests will have the opportunity to:

· Attend Q&A sessions with Harry Potter film talent (complete talent lineup will be announced at a later date)

· Experience and participate in the interactive and unique exhibits at the “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo, featuring Harry Potter brand partners such as Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Pottermore, Scholastic, MinaLima, and Harry Potter: The Exhibition

· Enjoy special panels and demonstrations regarding various aspects of the Harry Potter stories

Additionally, guests will be able to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. Plus, ride the Hogwarts Express between the two lands with a park-to-park ticket.

Special vacation packages, including annual passholder packages, will go on sale at noon EST on August 19. On-site hotel packages start at $235 per adult per night and include exclusive benefits such as special guest access to the “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo, admission to a private evening reception in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and special guest access to panels and demonstrations. Packages also include three-night hotel accommodations, three-day park-to-park tickets to both Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure, a special welcome parcel and more. For complete package details, visit www.universalorlando.com/celebration.

About the Harry Potter Series

Harry Potter continues to be a global phenomenon. Each of the seven books by author J.K. Rowling has broken sales records, with the series to date having sold over 450 million copies worldwide and translated into 77 languages. The Harry Potter films, produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, have grossed more than $7.7 billion to date worldwide at the box office, making Harry Potter the largest-grossing film franchise in history.

Universal just shared this at their official blog, Hulk will close at Sept. 8 and will stay closed until next summer! They also mention new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience. Could this be they are actually changing or adding speakers to the trains?

UNDERGO MAJOR ENHANCEMENT AND REFURBISHMENT WORK

Doug Boemler WareingDoug Boemler Wareing August 14, 201

We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience.

That work means we’ll have to close the attraction beginning Sept. 8. It will roar back to life next summer and we’ll keep you posted on the details. In the meantime, be sure to check out the other great, thrilling, experiences at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, including Dr. Doom’s FearFall, Dragon Challenge, Jurassic Park River Adventure and more.

I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech. But don’t worry—the attraction will still have the same “Incredible” personality that makes it one of America’s most popular coasters.

We’ll be sharing cool new updates over time, so be sure to subscribe to the blog on the sidebar or sign up here to get emails on all Universal Orlando news."

THE INCREDIBLE HULK COASTER TO UNDERGO MAJOR ENHANCEMENT AND REFURBISHMENT WORK

Doug Boemler Wareing

August 14, 2015

We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience.

That work means we’ll have to close the attraction beginning Sept. 8. It will roar back to life next summer and we’ll keep you posted on the details. In the meantime, be sure to check out the other great, thrilling, experiences at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, including Dr. Doom’s FearFall, Dragon Challenge, Jurassic Park River Adventure and more.

I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech. But don’t worry—the attraction will still have the same “Incredible” personality that makes it one of America’s most popular coasters.

We’ll be sharing cool new updates over time, so be sure to subscribe to the blog on the sidebar or sign up here to get emails on all Universal Orlando news.