TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

And apparently Universal have released the height restriction for the ride: 42" aimed at being a little more of a "family ride" than Forbidden Journey.

It will be interesting to see how "intense" the ride will actually be. I'm imaging a physical ride experience similar to the Mummy but it sounds like some of the interactive elements might be pretty intense (dragon, Voldemort, etc.). The detail looks amazing regardless.

I might have to finally open my bank account and get a room at the Hard Rock with a 2 day 2 park ticket later this summer and check out all of this stuff I've missed over the years...

I was expecting more of a roller coaster with a chunk that is motion based, but now I'm feeling its going to be mostly motion based with rollercoaster parts at the beginning and end. I'm not dissapointed but it just wasn't what I was expecting. But overall from what we have seen this ride looks amazing. This new technology looks insanely fun, and a great combination of two ride systems!

It is heavily rumored that the track was developed by Premier Rides while certain ride elements were built by Dynamic Attractions. There's been whispers of possible Intamin and/or Vekoma involvement as well when it comes to specific track elements.

I love reading the dumba$$ comments on TPR's FB page complaining about the height "restriction."

Robb, Your response on this is fantastic!

Yeah, just didn't know what to say. People got on me for using the term "height restriction" instead of "height requirement" but this is what I had to say about it...

876725423_ScreenShot2014-05-13at13_37_24.png.fa6e08645fbf74dec47fec49df86b648.png

And I linked to this: https://www.google.com/search?q=42%22+height+restriction&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Edited by robbalvey

It is heavily rumored that the track was developed by Premier Rides while certain ride elements were built by Dynamic Attractions. There's been whispers of possible Intamin and/or Vekoma involvement as well when it comes to specific track elements.

Hopefully Premier Rides cause Intamin and Vekoma have not had perfect track records and Universal worked with them with Mummy.

Hopefully Premier Rides cause Intamin and Vekoma have not had perfect track records and Universal worked with them with Mummy.

Intamin have built some of the best roller coasters on the planet. Sure, they might have taken a bit more time to get up and running, but that's what it takes to create some of the best roller coasters on the planet!!!

Here's my take on all the craziness surrounding this ride:

- I know nothing of Potter so had no expectations or knowledge of the theme of this ride.

- I expected something similar to Mummy from what I had heard.

- I am pleasantly surprised by the 42" height requirement. Good move Universal!

- Robb then showed me the scene in the movie this is apparently 'based' on. I now expect some sort of highly themed mine train/mummy type ride.

- Building a ride like this with multiple manufacturers and a ton of effects looks like a pain.

Here's my take on all the craziness surrounding this ride:

- I know nothing of Potter so had no expectations or knowledge of the theme of this ride.

- I expected something similar to Mummy from what I had heard.

- I am pleasantly surprised by the 42" height requirement. Good move Universal!

- Robb then showed me the scene in the movie this is apparently 'based' on. I now expect some sort of highly themed mine train/mummy type ride.

- Building a ride like this with multiple manufacturers and a ton of effects looks like a pain.

Agree with all of this. I'm curious how the last thing you mention plays out. Having that many different companies seems like it would make the project a billion times harder to pull off.

I'm sure this will be hugely successful and Universal will rake in the cash. At least the next rumored major expansion should involve dinosaurs!

dt

I also, agree with Elissa. Not sure why Premier, Vekoma OR Intamin alone couldn't pull this off. They all already have the ability to do all of the elements this attraction is slated to have.