TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I miss Jaws! I love the detail, but wish they would turn their attention to the Jurassic Park area. I, but not most of the GP, would love that a lot more!

^If you believe the rumors, that is exactly what they are doing!

I believe them. Or, I believe that something next to JP will open the season after Harry Potter. There are already site markers in the area!

Hello folks! I'm gonna be headed to this park sometime between the 10th and 14th of march, and I was wondering what the lines would be like for the major coasters?

I'm thinking I'll hit the big 3 right in the morning at opening to avoid lines, then spend the majority of my day with the family seeing the rest of the park, then returning late afternoon/early evening. Should this avoid most of the waiting? I'd prefer to get two (or more) rides on each of those 3 if possible.

Thanks guys!

Also, Universal has also raised their prices. As well, they priced themselves above 3 out of 4 WDW parks!

My Fox Orlando

"ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -

Just three days after Walt Disney World announced a hike in one-day, one-park admission, Universal Orlando is following suit.

A one-day, one-park adult ticket is now $96 plus tax, up from $92. A children's ticket costs $90, up from $86. A one-day, two-park ticket jumped from $128 to $136 for adults and $122 to $130 for children.

A two-day ticket to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure increased from $146.99 to $155.99 for adults and $136.99 to $145.99 for children. Two-day, two-park passes went from $166.99 to $195.99 for adults and from $156.99 to $185.99 for children.

The price of annual passes did not go up, a Universal Orlando spokesperson said.

"We set our prices to reflect the value of the entertainment experience we provide. Our guests continue to tell us we offer great entertainment at great value," said Director of Publicity Alyson Lundell. "We offer a variety of value-driven, multi-day vacation packages for guests and their families with options as low as $49 per day."

On Sunday, Disney announced it had increased the price for its one-day, one-park admission by $4. It is the second price hike for tickets in less than a year. Tickets will now cost you $99 to enter into the Magic Kingdom Park. For a one-day admission ticket to Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot, the price is now $94.

Disney also said the Florida Resident 3-day and 4-day ticket prices will remain the same."

LOL, so all the people complaining about Disney can complain about UNI too.

And yet there's not a giant backlash over Universal raising their prices like there was over Disney. It really feels sometimes that people just don't like whoever is on top and love to crap all over Disney. The idea that it's more money for a one day park hopper to Universal than it is for a one day park hopper for Disney is just crazy. Plus it's even MORE money if you really think about it because with only two parks you can't spend as much time at Universal and have to pay the higher prices instead of getting the multi-day tickets at Disney as low as $50/day.

Don't get me wrong, I will happily pay these prices for all of these parks as it's still a great deal if you compare prices to sporting events, production shows, etc. but I just don't like when journalists and enthusiasts play crazy favorites.

And yet there's not a giant backlash over Universal raising their prices like there was over Disney. It really feels sometimes that people just don't like whoever is on top and love to crap all over Disney. The idea that it's more money for a one day park hopper to Universal than it is for a one day park hopper for Disney is just crazy. Plus it's even MORE money if you really think about it because with only two parks you can't spend as much time at Universal and have to pay the higher prices instead of getting the multi-day tickets at Disney as low as $50/day.

Don't get me wrong, I will happily pay these prices for all of these parks as it's still a great deal if you compare prices to sporting events, production shows, etc. but I just don't like when journalists and enthusiasts play crazy favorites.

I think the lack of backlash on Universal V Disney is that Universal is adding stuff left and right. In the last 2 years (2013 and 2014),

Universal added: Despicable Me 2, Transformers, Springfield, Twirl and Hurl, Revamped City Walk, Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Diagon Alley, That Train Ride, Gringott's Coaster, and Aqua Drag Racers (10)

Disney added: My Magic +, Four Seasons Resorts, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Festival of Fantasy Parade, New Restaurant at Epcot, Disney Jr. Update, Festival Of the Lion King (7)

Let me know if I left any out. Basically Universal is giving you (IMO) a better ROI.

^Completely disagree. First off you left out a ton of things that Disney has added (Starbucks, New Fantasyland, redo of Downtown Disney, and more) and you included really basic stuff that Universal added (How can you include Twirl & Hurl and not Double Dumbo with interactive play area!??!). Plus when you look at what Disney already offers it's way more attractions over Universal.

Like a lot of the tweets and posts I'm seeing confirm, Universal just has really crazy fanboys and Disney has crazy haters. It's always hard to be on top!

Value is totally subjective, so it amazes people even care so much about this…everyone should be happy the theme park business is experiencing another boom in business similar to the pre 9/11 building frenzy!

Don't the prices go up every year? People just love to bitch about stuff, especially if it involves Disney.

I still think theme park tickets are a good value, especially when compared to other forms of entertainment. Anyone priced concert tickets lately? Yeah, they make a park hopper at Disney or Universal look like a great bargain.

dt

Was at the parks yesterday, got to IOA around 1PM. When I got there, Hulk wasn't running. The water below the cobra roll/loop was drained, and there was a large cherry-picker sitting under the cobra roll. I tried to take a picture, but an employee ran up to me saying, "Sir, no pictures!" When I left the cherry picker was gone and they were cycling empty trains. Anybody know what might have been going on?

^Completely disagree. First off you left out a ton of things that Disney has added (Starbucks, New Fantasyland, redo of Downtown Disney, and more) and you included really basic stuff that Universal added (How can you include Twirl & Hurl and not Double Dumbo with interactive play area!??!). Plus when you look at what Disney already offers it's way more attractions over Universal.

Like a lot of the tweets and posts I'm seeing confirm, Universal just has really crazy fanboys and Disney has crazy haters. It's always hard to be on top!

Well I did say 2013 and 2014

WDW 1-day hopper: $142.71 ($8.71 of that is tax) / UO 1-day park hopper $136. Looks functionally the same to me.

Both are a punishingly expensive for a visitor who has limited time. The parks will get their minimum per capita tariff. I have a feeling UO will run closer to capacity once Potter II opens. Disney did them a favor by going first. A big price increase was inevitable.

Yeah, I don't understand why people get all upset at ticket prices going up. They have always gone up, and always will. And it was only a few dollars! It wasn't like it was a 15% jump or anything. We're talking just a few bucks.