TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I'm trying to figure out how a minor injury where he guest went back into the park resulted in a news story and the ride closing?!?

The same way Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood stopping on the lift and riders needing to walk down became a major two-day news story in Pittsburgh earlier this week.

I'm heading over to the park now with a friend, so I can try to find out more once I head to the studios side. This happened on my day off, but from the article and that it was a minor injury to one guest, what most likely happened is that the RV was heading into a block and stopped suddenly causing her to hit her head on the back of the seat. I will find out more today though if possible.

I'm inclined to think the news is looking at it backwards. The malfunction caused the closure, not the injury. I'm not sure what kind of malfunction would cause a minor injury and a closure, but according to the wait time app I use, the ride is open right now. It could also be simple park policy, closing the ride for precautionary reasons, especially if the event occurred slightly before closing time anyway. As for the news report, blame it on a heightened coaster phobia following the NTAG incident.

I'm trying to figure out how a minor injury where he guest went back into the park resulted in a news story and the ride closing?!?

What I've heard via orlandounited forum is there are new RV's that are for some reason much heavier. They had the first train section as an old RV and the new RV on the second train section.

E-stop happens and the heavier back train doesn't slow down enough causing stress on the bar between them.

Something like that

^^^ Springfield looks amazing! I wish USH had the room to do something even similar (well maybe it does and it's on its way). I can't wait to make it back out to Florida next year when all these expansions are done.

^ I have a hard time believing that that would really be an issue, the brakes are still grabbing both cars just the same, the difference in weight shouldn't cause too much of an issue unless it was a really significant difference. Then again I'm not an engineer, and not personally familiar with Maurer rides, so I'm just speculating.

I'm wondering if the ride itself has a bigger issue than what we are hearing and something broke fairly seriously, resulting in an injury (luckily only minor). It would make sense that the ride is shut down then for a mechanical issue rather than for the injury itself.

Man, more problems with Rockit? The last time I went to UO was Fall 2010 for HHN and that ride was closed from that problem they were the restraints. If it's still closed when I go there the first week of October, then it will be official that I have a Rockit curse. The ride hates me and doesn't want me to ride it.

The Simpson's area looks more amazing every time there's a new update! I'll definitely be visiting when it's all open, and will be trying a ton of food!

I'm intrigued by the Carne Asada Tacos at Bumblebeeman's Taco Truck.

https://www.universalorlando.com/landing/harry-potter-celebration.aspx?__source=A000008819.000000693&IndivKey=949375

hdr_CoHP_Jan24_tcm13-36882.thumb.jpg.008bba46cbaee6e4f36e6fb1ead22ec7.jpg

Come and celebrate all of Harry’s adventures at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. From interactive experiences to a private evening reception and more, this exciting event will be three days of unforgettable fun for all ages, set against the backdrop of two amazing theme parks.

• Q&A sessions with the cast members and filmmakers
  • A wand masterclass hosted by choreographer Paul Harris, duelling instructor for the feature films
  • Opportunities to explore Hogwarts™ castle, and shop and dine in Hogsmeade™ at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
  • An exciting Harry Potter™ Film Tribute with select cast members and filmmakers
  • Thrilling rides, including:
    • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
    • Dragon Challenge™

VACATION PACKAGES

LIMITED QUANTITY - WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY!

Starting from $395*

SALES START AUGUST 22, 2013

AT 12:00 NOON, EST

VACATION PACKAGES INCLUDE:

• 3-night hotel accommodations
  • 3-day park-to-park ticket^ to both theme parks per day
  • Entry to a Private Evening Event held in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, (includes one free Butterbeer™ and light desserts) (Saturday)
  • Reserved area for the Harry Potter™ Film Tribute (Friday)
  • Reserved area for the Q&A sessions (Saturday & Sunday)
  • Reserved area for a wand masterclass with Paul Harris
  • Early Park Admission◊ to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - one hour before the park opens
  • Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks™ - one per person
  • CityWalk Party PassSM^^

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS

Save $20 or more off the front gate price

MULTI-DAY PARK-TO-PARK

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

PARK-TO-PARK TICKET ALLOWS ACCESS TO:

• Harry Potter™ Film Tribute (Friday)
  • A wand masterclass with Paul Harris (first come, first served)
  • Q&A sessions (Saturday & Sunday; first come, first served)
  • BOTH Universal Studios Florida® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure® theme parks
  • A Celebration of Harry Potter™ takes place at both Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal Studios® theme parks. Admission is included with any park-to-park ticket or Annual Pass.

I don't see why they didn't wait 'til Phase Two is open to have this event, but whatever. It'll still draw in a bunch of fans.

It is actually really smart.... Attract a ton of people during what is normally a slower part of the season. Than get them really excited about the brand and the new expansion so they will want to return when it opens.

I don't see why they didn't wait 'til Phase Two is open to have this event, but whatever. It'll still draw in a bunch of fans.

It is actually really smart.... Attract a ton of people during what is normally a slower part of the season. Than get them really excited about the brand and the new expansion so they will want to return when it opens.

^Exactly. It is brilliant. I wasn't planning on returning until after the expansion is done but this is almost enough to sway me. My daughter would absolutely love it.