TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

In the end of July, my family is visiting Orlando.

Our original plan was 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal.

My dad got a really good deal for less than $400 a person that includes 4 days at Disney, 1 at Universal, and 1 at SeaWorld.

We have to choose one Universal park. Which one will be better for us if we get Express Passes?

We have two 60 year old seniors, one 40 year old adult, one teenager, and one ten year old. I would guess IoA would be the one to choose. Am I correct?

I'd probably lean toward Studios. There are more shows and less 54" rides. I guess it really depends on if the 10 year old is 54" yet, and if the 60 year olds like pretty significant big coasters. MIB, Simpsons, ET, and even the Mummy are all good tweener attractions, and I believe Transformers will be one too. Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket is 51". At IOA Hulk, and Dragons Challenge are 54" and Dr. Doom is 52". IOA has the better water rides for sure.

The 10 year old is 54". I believe we are leaning towards IoA. The seniors aren't into big coasters, but are wanting to see Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and Spiderman are the only reasons to choose IOA over the Studios, but since you are going in July, Transformers will be open. This should balance out Spiderman.

If the seniors aren't into coasters, you can knock out Hulk, Dragon Challenge, and probably Dudley and FJ, which really only leaves Spiderman, Popeye, and Jurassic Park in terms of main attractions. Removing coasters at USO still leaves you with T2:3D, E.T. Men In Black, Simpsons (with its new fleshed out land), and Transformers. FJ and Mummy being the two wild cards in terms of medium level of intensity.

I also prefer rides like Despicable Me, Twister, and Shrek, to Cat in the Hat, Poseidon, and Sinbad, but that's just me.

I'm excited to hear more on the Simpsons area that might be announced today. (even though it just a few facades to the stores) I want to know how much I will have to pay to eat a Krusty burger with a Flaming Moe.

Sounds like the Simpson's expansion is getting announced finally. From the USO Facebook:

We’ve got some exciting news to share tomorrow. D’oh!

About time, wonder if they will release all the details or just announce a Simpson's themed expansion coming soon.

They're filming the Today Show there in the morning, so I would expect a big announcement. And based on the fact that the restaurant side of the expansion is almost done, I would lean towards a full announcement.

65621_10151462094232852_1376190600_n.jpg

Woo Hoo! Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort launching this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”

“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products. “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”

"It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."

For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Noticed a model of a B&M Hyper train sitting on a table next to many models for Transformers the Ride during the Today Show Broadcast. Looked like the old school (new school?) 4 across seats. Wonder if they were originally planning that for the Transformers franchise.

This is great. Hopefully they have statues etcc so you can take pics. I see Duufman there, Oh Yeah!

I'm sure there will be a lot of photos taken with Duff Man.

Edited by cfc

Ok I'll submit and agree that Duff Beer tops Butterbeer...I've been following the construction on Orlando United and could only vision the new restaurants, but that concept art changes my entire view. It really does look great.