TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

^^ Wasn't it Despicable Me?

I think he meant Battlestar at Universal Singapore... or maybe Transformers at Universal Singapore... Come to think of it, Universal seems to do this a lot.

This seems to have become common practice for Universal.. Tranformers & the Sesame Street ride at Singapore both opened their gift shops before the ride opened.

That being said, lots of cool merchandise here (and I'm not usually one to buy theme park clothes) and strong theming.. I'm really impressed with what Universal is doing.... Thanks for the pics!

-chris "Disney should really start looking over their shoulder" con

I have yet to take a picture with one at USH because the lines are also so insanely long, even on super slow days.

They are definitely popular, but the lines are never "insanely long" at USH.

That being said, lots of cool merchandise here (and I'm not usually one to buy theme park clothes) and strong theming.. I'm really impressed with what Universal is doing.... Thanks for the pics!

Disney's merchandise is still 1000x better for one key reason IMO: most of it is park specific. The majority of the merchandise at Universal is generic to both parks, though there are some cool items for the properties they license. That even appears to be the case in Florida, with most of the stuff just saying "Universal Studios."

I also dig the uniforms of the employees.

Edited by Jew

I have yet to take a picture with one at USH because the lines are also so insanely long, even on super slow days.

Well, true. I guess I just consider anything than 5 minutes to meet a person in a costume insane.

Well, true. I guess I just consider anything than 5 minutes to meet a person in a costume insane.

THEY ARE REAL ROBOTS HOW DARE U

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some new aerial photos showing the construction going on at Universal..

Of note- Gringots Coaster is 20 percent bigger than the Mummy building and Approximately 30 percent bigger than the original potter ride.

1.thumb.jpg.4db2a26dc5a6a74eeaa46be449d94e5e.jpg

Harry Potter Land 2.0

Image3.thumb.jpg.7bcf4ff45086ccc09432b5563dcdf192.jpg

Harry Potter Train Station and Path.

Image4.thumb.jpg.42217c5fb6623ab81d65cd6b966db7bd.jpg

Close up of the beams for the train.

Image5.thumb.jpg.ef4939c205c6e0853a16b25e016ca184.jpg

Cabana Bay Construction

Image6.thumb.jpg.6bfdfb8dd4fd8b6a55abd39c5b2f3244.jpg

Tansformers

Quick question. I am going to IOA the 27th and plan on bringing my DSLR in a small draw string backpack. IIRC Hulk, Dragon Challenge, and MIB have free lockers for the duration of the queue correct? And Dr. Doom's freefall has bins?

^That sounds massive, though I have no real clue how big that is. Anything that big on the west coast? (Ride or department store? LOL)

Transformers is 60,000sqft.

According to an Orlando theme park site, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit now offers Express pass access.

That means Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey now is the only major ride without express pass, if I'm not mistaking.

Great for me staying onsite in June, less good for those waiting in line...