TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unofficial Orlando (+Tampa) Get Together, August 15-31

INTEREST LIST - Updated June 12

thefitness - maybe

resonance - definitely. be interested. depending on what days we're going to do what, needs to know ahead of time so can get days off. probably up for most of Disney and IoA on the Saturday

redfoot12 - definitely interested in Busch Gardens & Sea World if can go

RCTfan - yep. works at Disney. annual to Universal

thrillrideseeker - also works at Disney

splzero - Universal weekends. ahfter work weekdays at BGA/SeaWorld

The Johnsons - the two of them will probably have time on weekends

Grinch1313 - Will be at Typhoon Lagoon with friends on August 18 or 19

piano john - Disney cast member, has Universal pass and also works at Busch Gardens

After doing the Midwest Trip, I'll be flying into Orlando on the morning of the 15th and then flying out on the 31st. During that time I'm planning on hitting the usual suspects; the Disney parks, the Universal parks, Sea World and probably Busch Gardens Africa as well.

A couple of people on the Midwest Trip have already shown interest in coming along for at least part of it. Because those people are pushing their time off/money as it is, I thought it would be a good idea to post the thread in this forum & see about getting some of you all together.

While I don't hold an International Drivers Licence I will happily put in money for a rental car [if that's what people opt for] & because this is an unofficial trip, you will be able to come for whatever days you're able to make it along.

For the Disney part of the trip, I'm personally looking at staying at Pop Century to get some perks (particularly the Extra Magic Hours) without the premium rates of the resorts. It would be nice to meet some more of you for some coaster madness and general tomfoolery

I'm Australian so I can even attempt to smuggle some koalas in so you can cross-breed them with your grizzys or something

* SCHEDULE *

15th-24th: Walt Disney World

- August 18th: Typhoon Lagoon - Only Specific Scheduling So Far due to Grinch1313 (Kim) being there on that day with friends

25th-27th: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure

28th: Wet'n'Wild Orlando

29th: Busch Gardens Africa

30th: Sea World Orlando

31st: Flying back to LA then on to Australia

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Australian so I can even attempt to smuggle some koalas in so you can cross-breed them with your grizzys or something

I'm definitely going then!

I might be able to make it. August 15 is my birthday so I'll probably be in Orlando anyways

Hey man, I live here locally (about two miles from Orlando International actually) and I'd definitely be interested. It depends on what days you're going to do what, I need to know ahead of time so I can get time off work. I have passes to all three parks so I'd be up for probably disney and maybe universal. Keep me posted.

I have some friends that are moving down to Gainesville, and I might visit them in August. I'd be down to meet up. I'd especially love to meet up at Busch Gardens for some Kumba action!

Tell you friends that there isn't any more room for people to move to Gainesville.

My intention is to check into Pop Century on arrival in Orlando and do the Disney part of the trip first. As mentioned, I also do want to hit both water parks, DisneyQuest & Downtown Disney.

I want to spend at least 4 days total doing Universal & IOA as I love those parks and only had 1 day for each last time.

Sea World and Busch Gardens probably just one day each.

Most of you would have done Orlando more than me so I am really open to suggestions in terms of what day to hit which park -- so long as I get a good go at them all, it's all good. A big motivation here is to get to meet some more of you, not just the ones going on the Midwest Trip, so if certain days suit more people then all the better.

So those interested in coming along during that time, say what days suit you & which parks you'd like to hit. We'll plan out something that works for a bunch of you and not just a couple.

Just one hint, you'd probably be better off not staying onsite at Disney. The Extra Magic Hours are even more crowded then regular days. When I was there, the Extra Magic Hours only proved helpful if you were there right at the beginning and right at the very end. Otherwise, it will be SUPER crowded. But, staying onsite does also give you easy transportation. However, the buses take FOREVER, seeing as you have to go to other hotels before you go to the park. Just my two cents. Won't be able to make it (obviously), but have fun!

---Brent

I have some friends that are moving down to Gainesville, and I might visit them in August. I'd be down to meet up. I'd especially love to meet up at Busch Gardens for some Kumba action!

Tell you friends that there isn't any more room for people to move to Gainesville.

I'm actually not too thrilled about their move. My friend's girlfriend is going to grad school and my friend had no interest in leaving Richmond. Oh well, to love, I guess...

I live down here so I'd happily meet up during that time! I work at Disney so I get free admission there. I got a Annual Pass to Universal so I could also meet up there as well!

I look forward to meeting some TPR peeps!

I live down here so I'd happily meet up during that time! I work at Disney so I get free admission there. I got a Annual Pass to Universal so I could also meet up there as well!

I look forward to meeting some TPR peeps!

GET OUT... You work here too? That is so cool! Anyways... I would love to go! I work at Disney as well so I get free admission too I can not wait to meet some Theme Park Review people!

~Matthew

Sorry, LOL, I always think of all of universal and Disney as one park when it's actually six. I have the disney premium pass (includes water parks, PI and disneyquest), the universal annual pass and the seaworld/bgt pass. I'll probably be joining you for most of disney and the saturday at IOA. As for when to go where, the summer crowds will begin to wind down then, so the only advice I have is to watch for extra magic hours (it makes the park extra crowded) and avoid the magic kingdom on saturday. All the parks are busy on saturday but MK seem to be the worst.

^^ Awesome. Will be good to do heaps with you. I would have those particular passes if I lived in Orlando too; must have cost you a fortune though.

^ Sure thing. If it wasn't for Kraken, Sea World would be a BIG maybe being that I'm also doing Busch Gardens and Animal Kingdom, as good as it sounds. So sounds like a plan.

Hmm, FL residents pay $440 approx for them, so they're not cheap by any means, but the addition of the water parks makes it worth it. Since I live near OIA I'll be driving to meet you guys everday, so we'll pick a place to meet. The other general piece of advice I have is to hit the big rides first--Soarin' at Epcot, Everest at the Animal Kingdom, RnR and ToT at MGM and the "mountains" at MK (Space, Splash, Big Thunder). They'll fill up first and run out of fast passes first. If what Erik said is right, the Haunted Mansion is closed until Sep,

^^^ Okay cool. Yeah I would definitely follow this tips. It's annoying about the Mansion [though did it last time] but at least I'll get to do the one at Disneyland with Allison, her brother & Evan in the week before the Midwest Trip.

^^ Jammin' with the Johnsons? Sounds good to me. When do you think you'd be free?

I, as well, am a Disney cast member, got my Universal Season Pass, and also work for Busch Gardens, so count me in!

In case you don't have Universal tickets yet, the absolute BEST deal is to buy it ahead of time on the internet. You can get a 7 day both park ticket for $86.98!

For more details, check it out here:

http://secure.universalstudios.com/webstore/shop/ticket-selection.aspx?Merchant=UOMainOnline&SalesCategoryGroup=UOMain&SalesCategory=UOTPTLive