TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ok this is a thread where you post any questions or concerns about anything in the Roller Coaster Tycoon series. I will start this off with my question.

I recently got a computer with Windows Vista on it and installed RCT1 on it. The problem is that the game cannot play - an "error trapper" occurs at the main menu. I downloaded a patch that is said to fix compatibility issues, but it said it does not work. Can anyone help?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to install Soaked! for a while now. I already have RCT3 installed on my computer, but whenever I try to install Soaked, this appears:

What do I do? I can't get the computer to recognize that RCT3 is on my PC. I've even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Do I have a bad copy of either game?

EDIT: Now the image doesn't want to work either...

I've got a question for RCT2:

I'm trying to hack my coaster so that it will travel backwards (ala Revenge of the Mummy, Expedition Everest) and then back forwards again.

I've been trying for a while now, I've used both Zero Clearances and Raise/Lower.

To give an example, here's a link to a (very) old park by Ed. He did what I'm trying to do with his mine train coaster at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18821&highlight=rct2

Many thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out!

Ok sorry guys for going off topic here, but I have a NL question...I just don't want to post a whole new topic for this...but is there any way to get a lifthill completely straight (from the bottom to the crest) when building them diagonally?

^ The way I would do it is by selecting the lift hill track and pressing "I" to make it a straight line of the segment.

^^ There was a Cedar Point recreation over at RCPro.com, but it's now a "dead park" due to the lack of progress/updates and the fact that recreations take a lot of time, hard work, and dedication.

^^^ No idea, but this site might be able to help you. -> http://rcttutorials.bizhat.com/

How do you go about making RCT3 custom scenery?

If you're lazy, you'll let the smart people with time to waste do the scenery for you.

If you are a smart person with time to waste, use these two pages:

That way we can identify you as one of the people who jumped on the custom scenery bandwagon once surfingoz released his tutorials.

If you're a big, intimidating macho man, then beat up The_Cook until he tells you how he used C++ to make the Doors set animated. We CS makers will reward you greatly for this information.

For RCT 3, how do you add water to the trough of the giant splash boat (if that's not the exact name, the Perilous Plunge type ride)? I tried to raise and lower the land around the trough and add water and tried to click the add water to the trough itself but nothing works.

DP with a new question (and yes they are compatable. I have tested this flawlessly. Its just too bad that Mac hasnt come out with Wild yet)

Anyways, new question: Photobucket always flips my videos when I upload them...How do I fix this? And yes, the normal file is correctly aligned...

How do you go about making RCT3 custom scenery?

If you're lazy, you'll let the smart people with time to waste do the scenery for you.

If you are a smart person with time to waste, use these two pages:

That way we can identify you as one of the people who jumped on the custom scenery bandwagon once surfingoz released his tutorials.

If you're a big, intimidating macho man, then beat up The_Cook until he tells you how he used C++ to make the Doors set animated. We CS makers will reward you greatly for this information.

Thanks a bunch!

^^^^For the splash boat, you have to either put the water in first, or just keep regulating the height of the splash zone trough untill it fits with the water.

I've got a question for RCT2:

I'm trying to hack my coaster so that it will travel backwards (ala Revenge of the Mummy, Expedition Everest) and then back forwards again.

I've been trying for a while now, I've used both Zero Clearances and Raise/Lower.

To give an example, here's a link to a (very) old park by Ed. He did what I'm trying to do with his mine train coaster at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18821&highlight=rct2

Many thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out!

search 'rct2 tutorials' on google and click on the second link with '[translate this page]' and click on 'coaches - roll back' and it explains in there