TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: From EPCOT with Love

Hi Scott,

Well, my postcard arrived, but I had a little trouble getting it, as you will see below.

Chuck

130912207_AhoyPostcard.jpg.d409570768c7898e598e4057610ee9a8.jpg

"So, this be yer postcard, sez you? Gimme all yer doubloons, and we'll see, sez I!"

Stupid Blackbeard!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this took so long to put up! It arrived while I was in the States, and I got it on the morning of when arrived back - Tuesday June 12th, 08.30am. However, my camera was very broken after 3 weeks of travelling around! It's been fixed for now, and I've got what's probably the last picture in here.

epcotpostcard.jpg.9920f7bb8c979a6d727595391a54d5fc.jpg

England really does look like this everywhere!

Oh great, you just had to take pictures of Norway didn't you?!

Now I want one of those evil but ever so yummy Sweet Rasin Pretzels!

CURSES!

I know they used to have the "orignal" postal mark for mail going out on Disney property, do they even still offer that?

First of all, I'm glad I got the elusive "Dan posting in your thread credit." Do I win anything for that?

^ I'm not sure if they still "offer" it. The postal mark on Shan's was just a boring Orlando one.

Chuck, nice to see the pirate finally relinquished it long enough for a pic.

Tom, what's crazy is that despite you being away when it arrived, you still almost beat Joe.

Joel, it's great to hear you arrived safely at Epcot! It's sad to hear your postcard couldn't say the same about Mexico. (we'll send out a search for the donkey immediately ).

Hope everything is going well with getting situated and settling in. With Soren leaving, they're gonna need a new Epcot TPR member photo credit.

^ lol

I hate to bump this once more, but I've been meaning to do a quick wrap up, and just haven't gotten around to it until now.

First off, I'd just like to give a HUGE thank you to all the members who helped out on this one. You guys really made this thread a big success!

When looking at the map, it's important to note that Tom ("shockwave") received his sometime while he was visiting the US. Also, Chuck's ("cfc") postcard was mistakenly left behind from the original batch that got mailed from Epcot. It was mailed out when I returned home. It took only a few days to arrive, thus also beating Joe's delivery time.

Sadly, there were three cards that never made their final destination. Tony ("zen coaster") never received his in Australia (although Ian did). "Worm" never received his in South Africa, and apparently Joel's ("mmousefan") postal delivery donkey died somewhere in Mexico. Be sure to stop by Epcot's Mexico pavilion and get your "Joel photo credit" though!

Here's what each postcard cost to send:

US - .41 ( I used the First Class "Forever" stamps, although I believe the regular postcard rate was something like .26)

Canada & Mexico - .69 each

All other internationals - .90 each

It's interesting what kind of service each buys you, huh?

11275433_Epcotmap.jpg.3a3c7eb394ec2a3457ce28ad76a9cdf2.jpg

Postcards were sent out from the Beach Club Resort (red dot) at Epcot on May 22nd, at exactly 1:00pm.

LOL OMG I love all that stuff about my dead donkey, Oh but thats not very TPR friendly... Any way yeah you can come and get the "Joel Photocredit" at "La cantina de San Angel" (fast food restaurant outside Mexico Pavilion in Epcot) I will be more than glad to see you all.

Hope to see some TPR members soon

~ Joel

Joel - if you are still there in August, we will definitely look for you! We always hit the Mexico pavilion at Epcot - it's my daughter's favorite!

Once again, thanks so much for this great experiment/report! This has been one of my favorite TPR threads, ever! So, officially, if you don't count the cards that were lost, Joe's card was the last to be delivered?

LOL OMG I love all that stuff about my dead donkey, Oh but thats not very TPR friendly... Any way yeah you can come and get the "Joel Photocredit" at "La cantina de San Angel" (fast food restaurant outside Mexico Pavilion in Epcot) I will be more than glad to see you all.

Hope to see some TPR members soon

~ Joel

I have the feeling I started these "Find a TPR Member working at Disney" thing. I really enjoyed it and had so much fun. So, I am sure will also have a great year. Oh, and don´t drink to much on the Commons party´s... hehe

--Soren

I have the feeling I started these "Find a TPR Member working at Disney" thing. I really enjoyed it and had so much fun. So, I am sure will also have a great year. Oh, and don´t drink to much on the Commons party´s... hehe

--Soren

lol yeah you where the first Photo Credit. Oh and yes there are so many

"partys" here, but I only drink a little. I only drank at my first "Tlapa party" thats all.

Greetings

Joel

lol yeah you where the first Photo Credit. Oh and yes there are so many

"partys" here, but I only drink a little. I only drank at my first "Tlapa party" thats all.

Greetings

Joel

Be sure, I will come back to Disney till next year and then I will make a stop at the Mexican Pavilion to say hi.

The party is every monday night, right!? I was there in the beginning a few times and I also saw how mexicans are making party... wow wow wow... lot of drinks. hehe

--Soren

^ Thanks Lou. Yeah, it really is a shame that three members missed out on posting their pic in here. I could understand the cards arriving a week or two late, but flat out disappearing is pretty pathetic. Like you said, maybe this will be bumped out of the clear blue one day when Tony, worm, or Joel finally get theirs. We can hope.

Until then, I'll have to be satisfied with the fact that Joe (once again, the closest in proximity to the mailbox they were mailed from ) was last to receive his.

• 5 months later...

And in the most delayed reply ever... the postcard showed up today!!

About 1:30 in the afternoon, I was in my bedroom which overlooks the street (I keep watch for those mythical cloaked creatures from The Village when I saw a kid eyeing the house. I went down to see what was up. When I approached the front gate, he was just putting something in the letterbox and ran off like lightning. IT WAS THE EPCOT POSTCARD How he ended up with it is fairly obvious - either wrong delivery or him stealing it out of the box - but what's even more curious was that he returned it.

Soon as I can find my camera cable, I'll post it.

Wow. Still can't get over that.

I haven't seen the kid before so maybe he's visiting or new to the neighbourhood. *shrug* Anyway, guess this means the experiment was a total success albeit belatedly.

Thank you so so much! It's a neat card too. Where did you take that photo with it in though? Can't think where that island is - though I've only been there once.

^ Yep.

Holy crap, Tony! I just mentioned your postcard in a response to your Big Brother thread this morning. This is downright scary that it showed up today!

Glad it finally got there though. There's still two at large somewhere in the world (Joel's in Mexico, and worm's in South Africa).

The pic of the island was taken just across the walkway from the China pavilion.