TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stupid line goers who think they know everything!

Dorney has beacons on the tall ones.. Steel Force, Dominator, and I think at least one other ride, mainly because there is a hospital about 1/2 mile away and Medivac does treetop runs through that area to avoid the flight paths of BIG planes going into ABE airport about 10 miles away.

Maeryk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start an arguement but Air Craft Warning Beakons on rides don't always mean the ride is above the height that a beakon is required. Many parks just put them on because stupid members of the GP see the beakon and think "oh, it has a beakon, it muset be really high".

Bradley International Airport is not far from SFNE, thats why they have the beacon.

I burst a spleen reading the "my sister died" line... I ask for permission to use that in December at DL! Brilliant!

I most dislike spoilers... Speaking of which, the following paragraph includes an Indiana Jones Adventure spoiler!!

Coming out of Indy at DL in 1995, right after the ride opened, I hear someone behind me yell, in the general direction of those waiting in line, "Wow, it was cool how we ducked under the boulder at the end!"

And, of course he did that, "I'm so f*cking smart" laugh afterwards...

Where's a stungun when you need one?

I hate people that only have gone on five rides at one park in there life and they think it is the tallest or fastest. Like I live near SFGAm and people in my class tell me that Raging Bull is the fastest and tallest coaster in the world. I tell them that no there are more parks that SFGAm. Or if they think SFGAm is the only Six Flags parks. Another one is they think American Eagle is the oldest wooden coaster, I try to correct them and they say "shut up roller coaster F***er. I also play no-limits during German since my desk is right next to the computer and the teacher is a crack head, and all the people are like WOW! that is like V2! When really it was a ride like TTD.

there is only one thing worse then ppl who think they know everything about a ride, people who hear you say the RIGHT thing, then interupt, say YOUR wrong, and then tell there stupid BS to everyone.

Like me and my friends were in line for top gun at PCW on sunday, and one of them asked me, "hey rick, you like coasters right how fast is this", "yeah and how tall is it?". I said " I think it gos 50mph and is 115' tall. then some guy in front of us actually says "excuse me, but your friend here is completely wrong, I study coasters so i now alot about them and i can say for a FACT that this coaster is 180' tall and gos 80 mph, and did you know that it is the ltallest and fastest coaster in all of canada?", I waited till he turned around and said "hes wrong, mindbender is.". everyone laughed but i swear later on he turned to some guys and said "you see that Fa*gy kid over their, thinks he knows more about coasters then ME, well i put him in his place."

TOTALLY TRUE! i told my parents they said no one would be THAT rude to you, and besides, that guy sounds like an idiot. Benieve it opr not this guy is out there somewhere, thinkin hes the man.

....something else that bothers me is when people put the word "the" infront of the coaster's name such as...

Let's meet by the viper!

Have you rode the X?

Oh that is my biggest pet peeve when I go to Magic Mountain. About the only ride that has a the in it is The Riddler's Revenge. But most people just call it Riddler's Revenge, which doesn't bother me too much. But they add a the at the beginning of everything! The X, The Viper, The

Oh that is my biggest pet peeve when I go to Magic Mountain. About the only ride that has a the in it is The Riddler's Revenge. But most people just call it Riddler's Revenge, which doesn't bother me too much. But they add a the at the beginning of everything! The X, The Viper, The

I sometimes tend to add the extra "The" to names of rides such as "The Vortex," "The Boomerang" (Well, I'm more refering to it's model than it's name), or "The Grizzly." Most of the rides it does sound kinda weird to say "The Medusa" or "The Vertical Velocity."

It was funny last week when I brought my laptop into a church youth program to run the powerpoint setup. During my waiting time, I loaded up No Limits and had it projected on the big screen. I loaded up V2 and some kids in the back started doing the motions with the raising the hands and moving bodies ect. Next thing, they're saying "Hey, that's Kong (SFMW) and then a few more guesses then I hear "No, wait...It's V2!" and then another comes up to me. They asked me if that was Roller Coaster Factory. I told them that it was No Limits.

Yeah I hate when people think that the local Six Flags is the only one in the world. Or a girl asked me the other day "Do you think they have different rides at other Six Flags? Wouldn't that be cool, because I'm sick of SFGAm's roller coasters." :shock:

The funny thing is, before I became an enthusiast, I'm not sure how much I actually knew about different parks either. I'm sure we've all said some pretty stupid things about coasters in the past.

• 1 year later...

When you ride WDW Space Mountain, you always get the person who has been on the ride a few times, and insists that a certain side "goes faster" or has a "bigger drop". In reality, they are mirror images and there is no difference in speed or scale.

Also, I always hear the infamous story of the girl who stood up on Space Mountain and got her head cut off. I always doubt those stories, since if it happened, I'm sure I would know about it, but I have heard it so many times from so many different people, I'm starting to believe it...

I have had this experience numerous times while waiting in line for rides at SFOT. One of my favorites is when people are in line for Superman: Tower of Power and ask why the seats say S&S on them. I find it extremely humerous when people don't know the companies name and try to make it work for Superman & (SuperFUN???!!!???) or somethng.

-Andrew

I'm going to take this chance to turn this around. Back when I was working at Magic Mountain I would get all sorts of fun questions. It got really interesting when a few years back when I was the Sound Tech for Road kill Kitchen when it was still on Samurai Summit. It's funny in a way but when you leave a stage unprotected people just have to go up there and play, or in some cases hop over the wall and play with the Sound System. Because of this, between shows I would generally do absolutely no work other than walking around and making sure people did not play with our stuff. Well I'm generally pretty friendly and was always more than willing to help people out or answer questions...

The most common question was concerning if Ninja went upside down. And yes the general public did ask some very odd questions. A surprising amount of people wanted to know where the entrance to Ninja was, despite the large Ninja sign mere feet away. However it did occur once that I got a group of coaster enthusiasts (patch jackets and all) to my show. Well this day they decided to play "let’s see how dumb the employee is." I can't remember specifics, but these people spent a good 10 minutes quizzing me before the show. Now for those of you who recall my website (Rollercoasterz), I did know a fair bit, especially about Magic Mountain. So in that case it was the enthusiasts that were the annoy ones.

Finally the best question I was ever asked was many years ago while taking pictures of X construction from inside the park. A man walks up to me and asks "Excuse me do you know if that ride is open (pointing at X)?" Now mind you, this ride was not in the testing phase yet, in fact I don't even think it had been topped off yet. From where we were standing it was apparent that there was a majority of the track missing. I thought this guy might be kidding, but upon return to his group he says "sorry guys, maybe it'll open later on today."

there is only one thing worse then ppl who think they know everything about a ride, people who hear you say the RIGHT thing, then interupt, say YOUR wrong, and then tell there stupid BS to everyone.

Like me and my friends were in line for top gun at PCW on sunday, and one of them asked me, "hey rick, you like coasters right how fast is this", "yeah and how tall is it?". I said " I think it gos 50mph and is 115' tall. then some guy in front of us actually says "excuse me, but your friend here is completely wrong, I study coasters so i now alot about them and i can say for a FACT that this coaster is 180' tall and gos 80 mph, and did you know that it is the ltallest and fastest coaster in all of canada?", I waited till he turned around and said "hes wrong, mindbender is.". everyone laughed but i swear later on he turned to some guys and said "you see that Fa*gy kid over their, thinks he knows more about coasters then ME, well i put him in his place."

TOTALLY TRUE! i told my parents they said no one would be THAT rude to you, and besides, that guy sounds like an idiot. Benieve it opr not this guy is out there somewhere, thinkin hes the man.

Wow, why would anyone bother to correct people. Its one thng not knowing how high or fast a rollercoaster, But when some dumass who thinks they know coaster facts goes out and correcting people, thinking he/she knows more about rollercoasters than anyone in the freakin world, then it gets pisses me off.

Top Gun at PCW:

MSN Convo:

Me: "I heard that ride is really rough."

Other Person: "No way it's super smooth."

Me: "Odd, I've heard from many trusted sources that its rough."

Other: "Whoever told you that is stupid."

Me: "Alllllrighty then..."

Other: "I've never ridden anything like Top Gun, It's like no other rollercoaster."

Me: "You do realise that Top Gun is a standard SLC model... it's a carbon copy of many other rides.."

Other: "No it isn't. You're stupid."

Me: "Whatever..."

Other: "Yeah, it's freaking fast. 90 MPH."

Me: "Mind if I changed that to KMPH?"

Other: "No the ride op said it was 90 MPH." [*ALWAYS an excuse]

Other: "God you're stupid."

Me: "Then they lied."

Me: "You do also see that the tallest and fastest coaster in the world reaches 456 feet high at 120 MPH."

Other: "You mean that big green one?"

Me: "Maybe, if it's in New Jersey at SFGAdv, yes."

Other: "I've ridden that, nothing special."

Me: "Oh? Well then have you ridden Mindbender in Galaxyland?"

Other: "Yeah, also nothing special."

Me: "What colour was it?"

Other: "I don't remember, that was a long time ago. Like I said, Top Gun is the most intense coaster ever."

Me: [Proves wrong about Top Gun speed with info straight from PCW website.]

Other: "You're such a nerd. I hate people like you."

Me: "Why because I was right?"

Other: "Only because you're a coaster nerd."

Me: "Ugh nevermind."

Other: "Silenced eh?"

[i close convo and sign off MSN out of sheer annoyance.]

*The stupid "Well the ride op said..." excuse reallyyy pisses me off...

^^Thank you for reminding me as to why I never go on Coasterbuzz anymore.

Anyways. Funniest thing I've ever heard from a noobish knowitall:

"Scream! is the best roller coaster EVER!"

I lol'd.

Seriously though.

WOMAN AT BONFANTE GARDENS: This ride goes fifty miles per hour and splashes down in the lake!

[we are waiting in line for the kiddie figure-eight snake coaster]

ME: *giggle*

I have had this experience numerous times while waiting in line for rides at SFOT. One of my favorites is when people are in line for Superman: Tower of Power and ask why the seats say S&S on them. I find it extremely humerous when people don't know the companies name and try to make it work for Superman & (SuperFUN???!!!???) or somethng.

-Andrew

My brother asked me "S&S? What's that...is that because of the noise the ride makes?" (Reffering to the hissing noise.) I told him it was the manufacturer who built the ride and pointed to the little sign at the op's booth that said "Manufactured by: S&S Power, Utah...." The same day at Santa Cruz, I struck a conversation with some random person about old seaside parks (Pacific Ocean Park and stuff) and then got to talking about So Cal's Giant Dipper and our Giant Dipper. He told me that So Cal's Giant Dipper is just a mirror image of ours and runs the same trains. (Well, atleast he got the same trains portion right.)

On my recent trip to SFDL, I was informed that " Superman is like totally the tallest ride in the world "

Allthough the funniest thing ever for me would have to be, when our Physics class was planning a trip to CP, and my teacher was talking about TTD... and he said that it was 120ft and went 420mph... he obviously read it wrong, so I quickly corrected him....

I cant even begin to think what 420mph would be like.

Lol I once stood in line for Turbine (shuttle loop) at WB and there was this guy who told me this ride had no looping. I said it did and we argued a bit. Still determined he was right, the guy got on board and I loved the way he looked at me when he got out. That's something I'll never forget