TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Coaster Mayhem II

Full Update Here: (Preview Photos Below) http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/events/coastermayhem07/

Had a good turnout for Coaster Mayhem II this past Saturday. Though it was not as good as last year's, it was expected due to no new ride for 2007. Morning ERT on Mamba was a lot of fun, wish they would have had Timber Wolf on morning ERT as well, but they opted for Boomerang instead (WHY?) Night ERT on PATRIOT was out of control. The coaster runs so much better at night. Ended up getting almost 15 laps on it.

Big give aways this year included the press entrance sign for PATRIOT media day and a banner from MIA's 50th. Photos below, enjoy.

Coaster Mayhem III will be May 17th

42.jpg.82bcc8ccbcad92e6eafba9327df814ae.jpg

Spinning Dragons was also on Night time ERT

40.jpg.9214134c12445b8bb4c039a5c6675cf1.jpg

It was running like a bat out of hell

36.jpg.8f7b972d2ec12ac168a088be390e2196.jpg

Night time ERT was on PATRIOT

33.jpg.15078475f08ffb0ba28b00ac99cf71e8.jpg

They allowed us to ride Wacky Worm this year WITHOUT borrowing a kid!

15.jpg.fb9affb6138b35da22e495aa3cfeb52a.jpg

Timber Wolf is running so much better this year -- now fix the stupid trains!

25.jpg.53c5ab8a13b468e79d3e4e46b3aee125.jpg

They gave away the Patriot Media entrance sign this year

19.jpg.fcb3021c55c04f54c4a55ae8b8877207.jpg

Lunch buffet -- but no gravy :(

12.jpg.8a97e0e394782ecd951e5bb0b331dd02.jpg

I passed on that ERT

9.jpg.2e627d2bf696e0e513147f4c83b764c9.jpg

For some odd reason they had ERT on Boomerang as well in the morning

8.jpg.dccb02495fb38190191b696a23f9d726.jpg

It was running very well

3.jpg.4ac1e1c4120fd82d051330e756447332.jpg

Morning ERT was on Mamba

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^Yes TimberWolf is a lot smoother than it has been in a long time. The helix section received the most work this off season and it is very noticable. The real problem now is the stupid trains.

^Thank you very much for your kind words.

Great photos!

I had an awesome time on Saturday. The weather was absolutely perfect!

ERT on Patriot was wonderful - I rode it 14 times that night alone, including about five consecutive rides in the front row and countless rides in the back left.

Timber Wolf was running like CRAZY! The second to last row is the hot one now! It's actually smoother in the back than it is in the front!

BTW, I'm the one getting into my seat on the left side of the first picture of the lunch.

man I am REAL excited about Timberwolf now. I've heard great things from that coaster from a long time ago and I always wanted to experience that..this is looking to be a busy summer...

Clay "better start making more money for all this!" Lamanske

I seem to be alone in my opinion of TW but it seems neutered now. It is smoother but the intensity is pretty all gone. Earlier in the year the brake on the first drop didn't seem as tight and the new brake going into the last big turn wasn't on and it was a great ride.

Now it just crawls through the course.

I'll take intense with roughness over smooth with boredom every time.

man I am REAL excited about Timberwolf now. I've heard great things from that coaster from a long time ago and I always wanted to experience that..this is looking to be a busy summer...

Clay "better start making more money for all this!" Lamanske

Last year I rode Timberwolf and it was THE roughest wooden coaster experience. It was worse than Gwazi, and I thought Gwazi was pretty bad. I told a lot of people in line that it was EXTREMLY rough, so my brother in line skipped out, so did a few more people.

I twas just really bad, everyhting else was terrific though...

Jason, I guess you are riding a different TWolf then I am because it is still intense. If the brake was off on the first drop I think you would feel the shuffling even more than you do now. Honestly if they would fix those blasted trains it would be a much better ride.

We were there at 8:45 and stayed until about 10:30 and left for a spell. We came back at about 12:30 and rode TimberWolf and had a walk-a-bout and it was time for lunch. After that we took off for Legends in Village West and came back around 9:00 so we could ride Timbers again as well as riding Wacky Worm before night ERT

Well, Swoosh it sounds like you got lucky. I wasn't there Saturday for the event, but all the rides I have had on Timber Wolf in the last two weeks have been about as dull as they could be. The night rides I had on it the weekend before last were OK at best, but any airtime following the new brake was eliminated. Now, the brakes on the first drop are on very heavy and the train just crawls around the track and then gets braked a second time! I have had some of the slowest rides I have ever had on it since 1989! The ride was running quite well the first month or so of weekends this year. That was about as close to the real Timber Wolf as it has been in a very long time. Now, you might as well put the entrance to the ride in Camp Snoopy!

This park took my virginity back when I was eleven-ish, beginning with Zambezi Zinger, then to Orient Express, Timber Wolf had just opened(2 years previously) and only good memories of the park "pre-Mamba and Patriot years", love to look at the photos...thanks...Still wish Orient was still there though...my first looper.

Typical Cedar Fair. They fix up a woodie just to brake the hell out of it.... I wish I could've ridden TW when it was new, it had so much airtime last year but it couldn't be enjoyed because of all the jackhammering! And now they fix it so it's smooth again, but now theres no airtime! Oh well, maybe that rumored 2008 GCI will take over the woody torch that TW can barely hold anymore.

Great pics BTW!

Actually, in the last few weeks, there is NOT more air than ever on Timber Wolf. Brakes have been on HARD on the first drop and then the new brake hits the train too. The ride can change from time to time, but lately it is slow and boring. Way to go Cedar Fair!

I am glad to see Fury of the Nile finally get a sign, but I don't care for the wood portion of the sign. It's not terribly attractive.