TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maverick's Kooky Warning Sign

2. Health- I doubt Cedar Point would want to be a hotbed for diseases, no? If your ears bleed and the blood dries on the restraint, Cedar Point could be liable for the spreading of diseases through the blood. In other words, do you really want bragging rights that Maverick gave you AIDS?

//I'd brag that Maverick gave me AIDS any day.

Just because fear and misinformation spreads alot easier than HIV, AIDS is not transmitted through casual contact such as this. Once outside the body, the virus immediately dies, so your fear and reasonings are incorrect. More like the park just doesn't want to bother with constantly cleaning blood off restrainsts if the ride does have some head blows.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had an earring ripped out on a coaster, although it was because I smacked the side of my head on Jer and not because of a restraint. Either way, it was not fun! It makes sense that they would have warning signs, I've seen several people come off Top Gun at Canada's Wonderland with bloody ears. I've never actually seen anyone enforce the earring rule though.

Several factors,

1. OTSRs- your head is bound to maybe hit the side of the restraint if the ride is forceful or rough (which is doubtful). Cedar Point does not want anybody's ears to bleed, which leads to reason number two...

2. Health- I doubt Cedar Point would want to be a hotbed for diseases, no? If your ears bleed and the blood dries on the restraint, Cedar Point could be liable for the spreading of diseases through the blood. In other words, do you really want bragging rights that Maverick gave you AIDS?

//I'd brag that Maverick gave me AIDS any day.

You cant get AIDS (technically it would be HIV when you first get it) from dried blood, once the blood dries the AIDS (HIV) dies, and even if it was wet it wouldn't have much of an orofice attached to a blood vessel (such as an eye, yes your eye has an orifice, the pupil is a hole in you eye) to get into and infect you. I think it is mostly some stupid park goer would be like "Maverick made my ears bleed! Don't go on it!" and there would be a loss of money.

CRAP! Speedracer beat me to it. Oh well.

Canobies Corkscrew has a ear rings warning sign and they also tell you when you get on you should take them out...

I have 7 of them and have never had any problem with them in.... So I don't know.. I also didn't have any problem with them in on Storm Runner or the other 5 rockets with OTSRs..

If you can survive that thing with earrings then Maverick should be no Problem!

Batman at Six Flags Great America also has the 'remove earrings' rule. It's posted somewhere in the tunnel and instructs riders to remove all earrings.

I never noticed the sign, but I can see where it's coming from - there's a little bit of jerking from the extremely intense helixes and wingovers, but no real headbanging. Maverick will probably be the same.