TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maverick's Kooky Warning Sign

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh Viper at GADV only received a sign like that after I was tired of cleaning blood off the restraint and even then it was not a requirement. The only ride I ever remember requiring this was Batman and Robin pre lap bars as Robb said before.

It is never a good sign if this rule gets enforced.

That might have to do with the lims and magnets or somthing...

Eeeeerrrmmm...no. If it was because of magnets, they'd have to prohibit every belt, every riveted pair of jeans, every pair of sneakers (most eyelets are made of metal), etc.

Riding naked... Interesting idea.

^I don't think I want to see people riding naked, unless they are Playboy Playmates.

Still, if you ride naked, I'm bringing a towel to wipe the seat before I sit down!

Now Maverick's warning sign isn't too bad. I recall Robb's Japan trip photos where you couldn't take ducks onto rides. Dang it! I wanted to ride with our fowl-feathered friends.

I heard on opening day that Sandor Kernacs rode it and said they couldn't open to the public. Then I asked a ride host that, and he told me Sandor said it was fine, but you couldn't ride with earrings. Haha.

I can't wait for it to open.

Speaking of signs, they took the sign that said, "Wanted: Riders to tame the wildest ride this side of the Pecos!" The one that's just outside the entrance. The logo is still above it, but the actual sign part has been removed from both sides of the wood.

sign.jpg.2a27c99c785be64c01026d4e8c45a483.jpg

I thought you were talking about this sign at its entrance.

Speaking of signs, they took the sign that said, "Wanted: Riders to tame the wildest ride this side of the Pecos!" The one that's just outside the entrance. The logo is still above it, but the actual sign part has been removed from both sides of the wood.

Yeah, I had noticed that when I went on May 17th and 18th.

I have not seen a "no earrings" sign since the Premier Launched coasters with OTSR's.

I also think the Arrow "megaloopers" also had them, but I haven't seen that rule enforced in years.

--Robb

Yeah, what Robb said.

I remember seeing it on SFMM's Viper and Flashback.

I don't see what is strange about the sign. Most newer launched coasters (to my knowledge) have signs like that, but I'm not really sure what the point of it is. My only guess is to keep the people on the ride or in line from thinking that the ride broke or something like that. The no earrings rule is just a standard on coasters no, so there is nothing strange with that either.

The back of kingda ka is THAT bad. This is coming from someone who never had an issue with Viper/GASM/Drachen Fire. I honestly must say that I felt as if my head was going to explode from pressue. When I rode the back seat two seasons ago I sat down for almost two hours just to recover.

Colossus at Thorpe Park has a no earrings rule... I s'pose it's needed though...

I didn't know Colossus had that rule... But I did just come in here to post that the back of my earring actually broke the skin behind my ear on Colossus last year, so I do understand why they would at least warn you. Actually telling you to take them out seems a bit extreme though, assuming they enforce it. I have the same problem with Alton's Corkscrew, that one jawbreaker generally makes my earring cause me pain too, but I play with them too much to not wear them when I go to parks.