TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

37 Injured In Fairground Enterprise Fire.

Dear god, I honestly wonder why these thing happen and why some people would vandalize these rides.

I mean, the worst I've seen ride related is restraint damage with OSTR's and not much more.

The worst breakdown I've ever experienced was on Splash mountain, but that's a whole big story for another day and topic.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite flats but after this I don't know if Id ride one again.

That's stupid.

You guys know that, amazingly, Enterprises are NOT the only rides that can catch fire? Any ride can catch on fire! So does that mean you're going to stop riding everything? And hey, sometimes, HOUSES catch on fire?! You better get out while you still can!!!

Wouldn't it have been so funny to hear someone scream this out as went around and around:

I'm meltingggg!

No, that wouldn't be funny. In any context! Fail.

Oh that is horrible. Although I genuinely pay my respects to everyone affected by this tragic accident I have to say this. Wouldn't it have been so funny to hear someone scream this out as went around and around:

I'm meltingggg!

I mean I know this isn't a comical situation but still. A random Wizard of Oz referance mixed with a random fire on a fair ground type ride is so utterly random and hilarious to me it's unbelievable. I guess to find this whole thing a little funny you'd have to imagine that it wasn't real.

NO.

Not everything is a movie. Also fires and machinery are not uncommon.

That’s also kind of f&cked up to even think honestly. That’s like a joke about those poor people who had to jump from a certain tower on the 11th.

Some thoughts best kept to yourself, not cool.

That was really scary. Like mentioned from other people, it was the first time my heart actually raced from watching a movie. The part when the music stopped and all you heard we the people yelling gave me the chills.

Just imagine the people that were in the cage that stopped in the fire. The ops were really smart in letting the people out of the ride. And because of them, no one was killed. Now that I think about it, canie ride Ops are some pretty brave people.

Also, is it just me or did it look like the fire stopped for a second then got really big?

Wouldn't it have been so funny to hear someone scream this out as went around and around:

I'm meltingggg!

I'm not wishing for this to happen, but if I remember to and it does happen, I actually would and even though it is a sick joke, if I heard that I would laugh... Sadistic or what?

If you were to speed it up you would only make it worse; air (technically oxygen in the air) is a highly flammable fuel source for fire. If you were to increase the ride's speed you would increase the amount of air that the fire has access to.

Actually, that is untrue. Spinning wouldn't make things worse. If the rides speed was increased, it would push the flames out of the way. Think of when you wave a finger over a candle while it's lit. When you do it quickly, it doesn't hurt because the air in front of your finger is 'split' (one half going over your finger, the other underneath) and the wind forced below pushes the flames out of the way. If you do it slowly, you're gonna know about it.

Still, my heart goes out to those and relatives who had to experience this... It's quite disturbing

Yeah in this instance you would probably right.

I didnt watch the video when i made that post, going off descriptions it sounded as if part of the struts towards the middle was on fire rather than a static part of the ride.

I never seen any ride video that horrible. Poor riders ... it's like being a kebab going round and round while the fire is there. I can not imagin myself inside this cage while the fire is out there.

Are there any news about this fire ? As I look at the video when the fire is up I keep thinking that no chance anyone could survive it sitting in the exact cage where the fire is. I just hope injuries are not too bad. Really horrible.