TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have different opinions than me? Seriously?

Nah the Raven to me was just O.K. But then again I did ride it during the day. Maybe it's because the Legend and the Voyage are so long (well at least the Voyage is) but the Raven just seemed super short. As far as going through the woods goes, I think the Voyage pulled that off a lot better then the Raven did. So again, it was an O.K. coaster, but to me it was overrated. Maybe I had my expectations too high.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Kingda Ka and Superman: Ultimate Flight are letdowns if you went to Great Adventure during those busy summer months and waited for a while, if not, than their both awesome.

I also thought X2 was a little overrated. I loved it, but I was expecting a bigger punch, granted the effects were turned off when I rode it.

For me, most Disney coasters in general. when i went to WDW in 2007, I really wanted to ride Expedition Everest but it wasn't really as good as i thought it was going to be. Sure its got awesome theming and all but it was too gentle and it needed a ton of boosters to keep it going. Think how much it would suck if they WEREN'T there. It had limited airtime at best, unforceful drops, fairly slow, and we probably waited at the inclined reversing spike for 1.5 minutes, plenty enough time to get bored. But maybe i just built up the hype in my head it having a $100,000,000 price tag and all.

-Quentin"just sayin"Dishman

I was really disappointed with Steel Force at Dorney Park. All of it's stats say I should love it, but it is in fact, the tallest boring coaster I've ever ridden.

I wouldn't call it boring. It wasn't as slam you around fun like Magnum, but it was IMO a very enjoyable ride, especially in the back seat. It had that awesome pull you up out of your seat first drop which I really like.

I was really disappointed with Steel Force at Dorney Park. All of it's stats say I should love it, but it is in fact, the tallest boring coaster I've ever ridden.

I wouldn't call it boring. It wasn't as slam you around fun like Magnum, but it was IMO a very enjoyable ride, especially in the back seat. It had that awesome pull you up out of your seat first drop which I really like.

I know... I SHOULD like it. Every other coaster with similar stats, I've pretty much loved. I rode it 4 times on a visit in September. All different positions. And it was "Nice" to me, but that is all. Perhaps I hyped it up too much in my head beforehand. I don't know. By that last ride I was pretty much bored.

I don't think it's a bad coaster, it just didn't live up to what I had read and heard about it. Thus, to me, Over-rated. As this thread has shown, just about anyone's favorite all time coaster, can be someone else's most over-rated. I love Apollo's Chariot, but I see a lot of people feel it's over rated. It's interesting to see others opinions.

I've always felt that Magnum was overrated ever since I rode it last summer. Yeah, it's got a ton of airtime, but not the good kind. I could hardly feel my thighs after I rode that thing. I think I prefer parabolic hills a little better, but each to his own.

Bite your tongue! Triangle airtime hills are the greatest thing since sliced bread! It's the rock hard lapbars that have to go! But I still LOVE Magnum with all my heart, that ride never gets old.

Triangle airtime hills are the greatest thing since sliced bread! It's the rock hard lapbars that have to go! But I still LOVE Magnum with all my heart, that ride never gets old.

Yes! I agree 100%. I would much rather have Magnum's "painful" ejector than lame B&M floater air. Riding in the back of Magnum, it does hurt, but it's awesome flying out of your seat up-and-down through tunnels. I love it.

I do have Diamondback (which I think is overrated) ranked one spot ahead of Magnum (which I think is UNDERrated) but that's because Diamondback is much more re-ridable and has a great first drop. I think they are the closest coasters to a tie in my Top 10 (Diamondback is #8 and Magnum is #9).

Yikes! The Beast isn't that great?? I've never been on it..I wanted to go out there this summer..is it worth it??

If not, come out for Drop Tower, Diamondback, Flight Deck, and Flight of Fear. Kings Island has a variety of different types of coasters. You're bound to like one!

Triangle airtime hills are the greatest thing since sliced bread! It's the rock hard lapbars that have to go! But I still LOVE Magnum with all my heart, that ride never gets old.

Yes! I agree 100%. I would much rather have Magnum's "painful" ejector than lame B&M floater air. Riding in the back of Magnum, it does hurt, but it's awesome flying out of your seat up-and-down through tunnels. I love it.

See, I prefer floater air over ejector air. Every time I experience ejector air, it feels like my stomach is up to my throat, and I don't really like that sensation although I could see how some people like it. Just not my cup of tea.

I have to say Great Bear at HersheyPark. It looks sweet, ecpesialy with the helix before the drop. The best part of the ride was by far the helix, which was'nt very exiting either. I know it hasn't gotten anny hype or anything, but it just could have been so much better.