TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

-Superman: Ride of Steel - Six Flags America --- This ride is considered to be average by a lot of people

-Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens Europe --- I agree

-Griffon - Busch Gardens Europe (VERy boring ride to me) --- NOOOOOOO

-Hypersonic: XLC - Kings Dominion (no longer there) --- everyone hated it

-The Dark Knight - Six Flags Great Adventure (TERRIBLE ride) --- how so?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just putting this out there, if you didn't like Nitro, you probably didn't ride it in the front seat. I rode it this summer in every row and the front row definitely delivered the best ride.

As far as overrated rides go- The Raven. People like this ride? Seriously?

I enjoyed Nitro in the back seat. I don't see how people can say that B&M is overrated at all. There coasters have sense of power and speed that unparalleled by other manufacturers.

^Have you ridden any of the California B&M's?...

Overrated: Every California B&M, none thrill me that much whatsoever.

Except for maybe Medusa...but Silver Bullet, Tatsu, Riddler's, Scream, Batman, (and I'm assuming Flight Deck and Vortex) are not all that great...but that's in my opinion.

^ You have the words "holiday" and "world" in your handle, consider me surprised you don't think Raven is overrated!

And I was going to ask how you could call Raven a "classic", but then I realized the Raven is probably older than you so I guess it can certainly be a classic

For what its worth, I liked Raven.

Yeah, it's a great ride!

-Surrounded by woods

-Fast pacing throughout

-Airtime

-Strong laterals

-Tunnel

That's pretty much everything that creates a good ride in my book. If only the Beast kept the same intensity as Raven. Raven ranks very highly in many coaster polls, too!

-Zach

Griffon would be a lot more fun if it was longer and there was more to it. I understand there is only so much you can do with them trains, but dang I am glad I did not wait more then 20 minutes for it.

As for The Dark Knight at Six Flags Great Adventure. It was NOT worth the wait. It was basicly a mouse coaster in a building with cheap looking props. I would much rather wait an hour for Nitro to El Toro then that.

People have different opinions than me? Seriously?

Yeah, I like Raven a lot--more than Voyage, actually. I think Raven is "just enough"--a wild ride through the woods that is just the right length for the intensity it throws at you. I like Voyage, too, but (for me anyway) it's a bit "too much"--especially all the whipping around toward the end.

Raven ranks higher than Voyage on my ballot as well. Raven is surprisingly fierce for its size. The night ride is one of the best.

Granted, I think it only shows its real character when you ride it repeatedly. So, I could see how a lot of "one and done" people might not like it that much. Also, I could see how people would be disappointed if they had to wait a long time for it. But, thankfully, it's never had much of a line when I've been at HW.

If I ever do any sort of ERT thing at HW, I'll mostly likely spend all of the time at Raven.

I've probably already posted this, but Montu didn't impress me. I rode it once and went back to Kumba and rode it the rest of the day. I'd love to make it back there (I visited in 2001) and try Sheikra and give Montu another chance.

I concur that Raven is dissapointing...

...until you ride it after dark! I can't think of another ride I've been on that is (pun intended) such a night and day difference depending on when you ride it. I went to the park and ran right to Raven when the park opened and thought "that was it? THAT is what all the hype is about?" Ride it later, especially in the dark and you'll see what makes it a great little coaster.

For the record, I think B&M Inverts are overrated as a coaster type. Just not quite as smooth as they should be IMHO.

-James Dillaman

For me, Apollo's Chariot...hands down!

It was quite slow, lacked airtime, and I think the layout is pretty generic. I do not understand why & how it is consistently ranked in the top ten of every coaster list out there. I enjoy most Morgan hypers more than Apollo's Chariot!

I agree about Raven being underwhelming as well.

I tried the front and back and felt they both weren't that great. In fact, I was able to carry on a conversation on the ride with my friend next to me about how boring the ride was. I hope to make it back to that park and give it another shot, but right now i still feel that it isn't that great. Goliath at SFOG blows AC (and most other B&M hypers) out of the water imo.

^Beast in the daytime and Beast at night are two COMPLETELY different ride experiences. Beast in the daytime is barely in my top 15 woodies, Beast at night is in the top 2 or 3.

Truer words have never been spoken. Morning ERT during Ride Warriors Weekend was ok at best. The night rides on it were the best I've ever had on any of the coasters I've ridden.